Toggle Binds: Walking and Crouching

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toggle Binds: Walking and Crouching

For those of you who have wanted to be able to have your walk/crouch keys be a toggle, instead of hold... (usually this is a built-in feature :( )

Just put these into your /cstrike/cfg/autoexec.cfg file. Feel free to change the bolded key to whatever you want it to be, though changing other things may render the script useless.

Walk Toggle
    Code:
    alias walk_togg "toggwalk_on"
    alias toggwalk_on "alias walk_togg toggwalk_off; +speed"
    alias toggwalk_off "alias walk_togg toggwalk_on; -speed"
    bind "shift" "walk_togg"

Crouch Toggle
    Code:
    alias crouch_togg "toggcrouch_on"
    alias toggcrouch_on "alias crouch_togg toggcrouch_off; +duck"
    alias toggcrouch_off "alias crouch_togg toggcrouch_on; -duck"
    bind "ctrl" "crouch_togg"

Re: Toggle Binds: Walking and Crouching

hmm i don't have an autoexec.cfg in that folder.

- -

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcan
      hmm i don't have an autoexec.cfg in that folder.
      That's why you make one :) (I got a big autoexec file... got all my configs in there)

Use notepad, and save the file as autoexec.cfg but make sure that the field below the file name says "All files" and not text documents.

Comment

For those who don't know, Poe spends a lot of free time trawling various sites looking for helpful stuff for the PCS community. He finds maps, scripts, researches mani and server issues, and in addition, is doing a great job helping to administer the server.

Nice one, Poe. :icon14:
        BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

poe would it be possible for you to post your auto.cfg....with all your "scripts" and such
          that sounds like a good idea trooper.
          -Vulcan

Comment

Code:
            cl_crosshairscale 2000
            name "|T-ADMIN| Poe"
            cl_showfps 2

bind kp_downarrow "buy vesthelm"
            bind kp_end "buy defuser"
            bind kp_leftarrow "buy hegrenade"
            bind kp_5 "buy flashbang"
            bind kp_rightarrow "buy smokegrenade"
            bind kp_home "buy m4a1; buy ak47; buyammo1"
            bind kp_pgdn "buy scout; buyammo1"
            bind kp_pgup "buy deagle; buyammo2"

bind f6 p_menu
            bind f7 acomm_menu
            bind f8 say @menu
            There's my autoexec... not a lot, but it's there!
            The first chunk is just getting a few personal preferences... I like my small crosshairs, and for my name to automatically be set whenever I boot up CS:S (or run the autoexec). cl_showfps 2 not only shows my fps, but an easy reference to see what the map is (in case I go crazy).

The second part is my buy binds. Basically, when buy time comes around, I can use one hand and just hit a few keys in the numpad to get all I want. It's just simpler, and I can feed while doing it :) (because 45 seconds isn't enough!)

The last piece is my most personal section of it. The "say @menu" is for T-admining, and it displays the menu of commands for me. Here's where it gets more complicated, thouugh. "acomm_menu" is a script/menu I devised that saves me a lot of trouble... those admin messages you guys see, I can access via this menu. Instead of having tons of binds, I hit one key and it brings this up (similar to your radio commands. It shows 7 @say messages, a "back" feature, and a "next", since the messages span over like four sets...). The "p_menu" is something for miscellaneous stuff I began to start, but the only thing I have in it so far is options to turn on/off the walk/crouch toggles. I don't even use the toggle though, so....

Edit: For those of you interested in buy binds, I have a writeup here.

Comment

Originally posted by poe
              Here's where it gets more complicated, thouugh. "acomm_menu" is a script/menu I devised that saves me a lot of trouble... those admin messages you guys see, I can access via this menu. Instead of having tons of binds, I hit one key and it brings this up (similar to your radio commands. It shows 7 @say messages, a "back" feature, and a "next", since the messages span over like four sets...).
              Hmm... I should learn how to do this for myself, it gets tedious having 8 different buttons binded to something different.

Comment

yeah those are all well and good but i was really looking for the Auto-aim/ubber-killer bot, or is that rince?
                that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by whistler's mother
                  Hmm... I should learn how to do this for myself, it gets tedious having 8 different buttons binded to something different.
                  I can write up a guide for that if you want. Once you have the format down, it's just a matter of copy/paste. The only problem with the menu is, every time I pull it up it clears the console (this is so the menu displays properly, and not with a bunch of junk. Can't find a way around it :( ).

Comment

Originally posted by poe
                    I can write up a guide for that if you want. Once you have the format down, it's just a matter of copy/paste. The only problem with the menu is, every time I pull it up it clears the console (this is so the menu displays properly, and not with a bunch of junk. Can't find a way around it :( ).
                    If you want, that'd be fine. Although I'm a little skeptical on losing the info in console because its a great history if ever a situation arises. I'm sure Root has all that info tucked away somewhere in England anyways :)

Comment

ok ok, call me a noob, but do the binds go into a wordpad file once in the new autoexec.cfg file? Don't quite understand. Im talking buy equipment binds and such

Comment

Originally posted by SG_SuicideTS
                        ok ok, call me a noob, but do the binds go into a wordpad file once in the new autoexec.cfg file? Don't quite understand. Im talking buy equipment binds and such
                        Yes. You create the autoexec.cfg file and put your binds into there, save it, and you should be good to go. If you ever need to re-run it (ie you changed the file while in game), just type "exec autoexec" in console.

Comment

I tried this out today and the only problem I have is knowing whether or not my walk key is toggled on or off while i'm still. I think i will remove that part only. The crouch i definately like though.

- -

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X