Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP! I got new system, need to find CSS!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! I got new system, need to find CSS!!

Hi Guys,
    I am on my new machine (sweeeeeeeet) and I am in the looong process of dloading CS:S, but, I had them put my old Hard Drive in my new computer along with the new Hard Drive, so, I see the files in my old HD like Steam, my user name, maps etc...
    So, do I need to now install CS:s again or can I just "find it" in the old HD and do some funky computer tech stuff to just have it back on my system faster?

All I ask for is communication

Re: HELP! I got new system, need to find CSS!!

Well, get steam running in the background first of all. Just in case you have any issues your backup plan is in motion.

I would just install Steam and then restore your old folders over your new install. Never tried it, but I would imagine it should work.
    Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

yah you can download steam, reinstall CSS thru your steam account. Then just copy over the maps and resources folders, i did that for my linux install and worked great
      that sounds like a good idea trooper.
      -Vulcan

Comment

ok, I am doing that. i am installing CSS like it is for the first time, and I am already logged into Steam. Then, I willsimply transfer the files over.
        But, where do I "copy" them to? To which path? Thanks

Comment

im guessing you did a standard install of steam so its :

C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\schmidlin\counter-strike source\cstrike

then just copy the maps models resources and materials folders over and you will be good to go
          that sounds like a good idea trooper.
          -Vulcan

Comment

replace troopers folder name with your logon ID name.

- -

Comment

ok, I just copied it all over, hope it works, we will se soon...Thanks for the help all!

Comment

When I got my new computer and transfered data from harddrive to harddrive, I just moved the Valve folder over in its entirety, and most everything worked. I had to redownload a couple things, like CS:S, but otherwise it was a clean deal.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X