X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem viewing map

Well, a picture is worth a thousand words:
    http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/2548/w00t1hp.jpg

The map is supposed to be backalley_source. I got on, backalley flashed, then the screen went grey and the game minimized. I pulled it back up, and it was still grey. I was told to try again, and it was still grey. I then deleted the 2 files I know are associated with it (the map and the nav), redownloaded, and its still grey. I have yet to determine if it is with this map only, though I played last night and other maps worked (I didn't play this one).

Does anyone know what the problem may be?

EDIT: I just got on office, and it too grey-screened me. Dammit. I guess I'll try deleting my CS:S installation and redownloading it.

EDIT 2: Well, I deleted counterstrike source, emptied my recycle bin, and joined the server. I spent a couple minutes downloading everything again, and it briefly displayed office before reverting to grey. I am now at a total loss.
    Last edited by Karkianman101; 06-25-2006, 11:52 PM.

Re: Problem viewing map

broken driver?

Try reinstalling graphics driver.

- -

Comment

Yeah, that was my first guess too.
      a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
      Celibacy is not Hereditary.
      Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
      Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
      Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...ighlight=blank

Originally posted by Final Post
        Nvm! I verified the game cache, then rebooted and seems to be working fine now. Those console errors still appear, but have no effect on me now.

Comment

Reinstalling my drivers worked! And I am duly slapping myself in the face for again not thinking about obvious possible causes for a problem. As a side note, nvidia makes it a bit confusing to determine the correct driver to download. They have one for 'GeForce and TNT2' as well as 'GeForce Go 7800 GTX'. What I have is the 'GeForce 7800 GTX', minus the Go. I found it's the former, but they could have made it less confusing.

Thanks!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X