Spamming the server =(

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spamming the server =(

When I plan I need to type it 90% of the time because of my shotty mic(any one who has been on my team knows this). I also type rather slowly so when I do plan i need to put it out one sentance at a time to keep peoples attention, also the limit of text is rather small. Now recently it has been telling me to stop spamming the server after i press enter this is normally only a few seconds the first time but then it kicks in again limiting my ability to type and say things in a rapid succession. I understand that it is necessary to keep random people from saying the same thing over and over that is not of importance to the general tactic. But it is a large problem for me atleast.

Re: Spamming the server =(

I think alot of us had that tonight. I know i would try to type instead of cluttering the mics during planning time and not beable to get my whole thought out....hopefully thats something that can be changed.
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

Indeed, several times I franticly tried to tell my teammates that they were about to die. The spam filter can't bring them back. I've never seen anyone spam the server anyway so it's not even an issue that needed to be addressed.

Comment

I agree that this needs to be changed. It's a real disruption.

Comment

I didn't expect to see something on a TG server that limits the ability to communicate...

It was quite annoying.
          Become a supporting member!
          Buy a Tactical Duck!
          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Root just updated Mani today, so it is very likely that is the cause.

Comment

Originally posted by Cing
              I didn't expect to see something on a TG server that limits the ability to communicate...

It was quite annoying.
              It was something new in this mani update, and it was most definitely worth testing. Further, it does have value, albeit on rare occasions. There are usually teething troubles when any piece of software is upgraded, and unfortunately this affects the end users. I don't consider a small amount of inconvenience in the hours following an update to be too high a price to pay for having a server that's tweaked as close to perfection as we can manage.

Dave - your concerns were heard last night, and one of the server restarts was to lower the spam filters sensitivity. There was a fair bit of admin discussion going on while we were all on the server, and we'd come to the same conclusion earlier. Further, I initially activated it with a lower than default level. Neither attempt produced satisfactory I made a further change to the mani config file at about 4am this morning (my time) and uploaded it to the server. This will disable the spam filter until I find a value that will only kick in when someone starts bind spamming. Unfortunately, I forgot to restart the server, which means the new value of 0 didn't kick in.

The server will be restarted in the next few minutes, and the spam filter will be gone after that.
              BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by Root
                The server will be restarted in the next few minutes, and the spam filter will be gone after that.
                Sweet. Thanks, Root!
                Become a supporting member!
                Buy a Tactical Duck!
                Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Yes, thank you very much root

Comment

Originally posted by Root
                    It was something new in this mani update, and it was most definitely worth testing. Further, it does have value, albeit on rare occasions. There are usually teething troubles when any piece of software is upgraded, and unfortunately this affects the end users. I don't consider a small amount of inconvenience in the hours following an update to be too high a price to pay for having a server that's tweaked as close to perfection as we can manage.

Dave - your concerns were heard last night, and one of the server restarts was to lower the spam filters sensitivity. There was a fair bit of admin discussion going on while we were all on the server, and we'd come to the same conclusion earlier. Further, I initially activated it with a lower than default level. Neither attempt produced satisfactory I made a further change to the mani config file at about 4am this morning (my time) and uploaded it to the server. This will disable the spam filter until I find a value that will only kick in when someone starts bind spamming. Unfortunately, I forgot to restart the server, which means the new value of 0 didn't kick in.

Is it dynamic enough to know if someone is bind spamming? Like can you set it to look for the same word/sentance rather than just a time limit between messages?

Comment

With the experience I have had with mani, no. But I also haven't dealt with it in the last 2 updates, so maybe. But I would still highly doubt it.

()

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X