X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Changes A Comin!

From the latest Steam Update!

Originally posted by GabeNewell'sSteamUpdateWritingMonkey
    Soon, we'll be releasing the first in a series of updates to Counter-Strike: Source which will be focused on moving the core Counter-Strike gameplay forward.

The first update will include an updated version of the map Train, which will feature an HDR lighting pass, some minor layout changes, and a number of small bugfixes.

The second facet of this release will be a completely reworked radar system. There will be a significant change to the aesthetics of the radar, but there are also some fairly significant gameplay ramifications to the new system. One example: when you look directly at an enemy for a long enough time for their name to appear on your screen, everyone on your team will be able to see that enemy in the radar. We're planning on releasing this first update in about two weeks.
    Well Well Well! CS:S with TG PCS style just got a lot more exciting to me!
    -Zephyr
    You were once like the newbie who needed a hand from above and TacticalGamer gave you it.

You owe the newbie who comes after you that same outstretched hand from above on your honor as a Tactical Gamer.

Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline.

Everyone should be assumed mature until proven otherwise.

We are no clan.
    We are not a single game.
    We are mature, intelligent, and cooperative individuals.
    We are TacticalGamer, a community above and beyond its name.

Re: Big Changes A Comin!

Originally posted by Zephyr View Post

Well Well Well! CS:S with TG PCS style just got a lot more exciting to me!
    -Zephyr
    It got me excited in more ways than one;)
    "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

Dirtboy is just a perv. Ignore him. ;)

It will be interesting to see how the changes to radar affect us. As we disable the ability to see OpFor names, it might mean that we're unable to use the facility to have their location appear.

My worry is that by changing the radar, they might break the sand in dust2.
      BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

I hope they test it thoroughly because I fear this could have substantial impact on larger pubs (not neccesarily TG).

It kind of takes away from the communication aspect of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Johnny Feel Good View Post
          It kind of takes away from the communication aspect of the game.
          I agree completely. Why call out enemy positions if they're on everyone's radar. What if the person who witnessed the enemy happens to die? Is it fair for everyone to know the assassin's location?

Too many questions will be raised by this update, unless they implement it correctly. Only time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Root View Post
            LOL, too true, Root. I had to read that sentence five times to get what the hell you were saying ;).

This feature is similar to one in BF2142. I'm glad CSS is moving towards some team oriented features.
            ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
            No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

Interesting.

A good man stands up for himself. A great man stands up for others.

Comment

brilliant. after 6 years of CS updates, this pretty much says it all...

Comment

Originally posted by section-8 View Post
                  brilliant. after 6 years of CS updates, this pretty much says it all...
                  You see I reached that conclusion when they fixed the grass of de_port, and that in turn broke either the friends list or the server list. I can't remember which one it was.
                  BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

You see I reached that conclusion when they fixed the grass of de_port, and that in turn broke either the friends list or the server list. I can't remember which one it was.
                    Some people just love their work enough to make more of it everytime they decide to "fix" something else.

Comment

I am not sure how this will actually work. A lot of variables will have to be considered. I don't think it's a friendly "camping" device...as your position is going to be gone once spotted...

Where as before if you killed your target before they radio'd your position...you would be ok in the same spot.

I think the jury is still out on this one for me.
                      Although prepared for martyrdom, I preferred that it be postponed.
                      Sir Winston Churchill
                      British politician (1874 - 1965)

Comment

I've very much hoping this will be a server-side cvar, so that we can turn it off if we desire.
                        BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

"One example: when you look directly at an enemy for a long enough time for their name to appear on your screen"

The main question is, how long is enough? 10 seconds? It also probably has to be continues targeting not moving so they would have to be able to track you for X ammount of time, and not lose target, and not die of course. Sounds usefull, but not game breaking. Gotta wait and see how it works.

Comment

Originally posted by Greflin View Post
                            The main question is, how long is enough?
                            That's a server-side cvar, but as we've disabled the ability to see OpFor player names, I couldn't tell you what ours used to be set to.
                            BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Hey guys... they are just following the normal line of gaming...

"If it ain't broke, fix it anyway."

()

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...