Getting video problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting video problems

For the past several weeks I've been experiencing odd video problems in CSS. Gray spikes aimed towards the middle rotate on the screen, rendering the game unplayable. I've done everything I can think of including lowering settings, checking vid card temp, and messing with drivers.

Here is a picture of it in action. Odd how it only does it in the scope here where as it does it on the whole screen if I have a different gun. Anyone have any ideas what could be the problem? I've reinstalled both HL2 and CSS...

Re: Getting video problems

Looks like your video card is artifacting to me. Usually that means it's a temp issue on the card. But if it's not a temp issue, it may mean that your card is dying. I had a card do something very similar because one of it's chips crapped out.
    a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
    Celibacy is not Hereditary.
    Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
    Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
    Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

The odd thing is however it only does it during CSS. Every other game runs without a hitch.

Comment

Are your graphics drivers up to date?
        BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

I had a problem very similar to this. It eventualy just went away after about 4 days. Fooooooooooour Daaaaaaaaaayyysss:row__521: ....

Comment

I had the same problem. For me it was my video card getting too hot. I lowered the settings, and now it only happens after I play all day long.

P.S. what video card do you have?

Comment

Originally posted by maverickphs2006 View Post
              I had the same problem. For me it was my video card getting too hot. I lowered the settings, and now it only happens after I play all day long.

P.S. what video card do you have?
              Geforce 6600.

I have tried the latest driver and even tried a couple before the newest one, no luck there. How hot is a video card supposed to be? The fan works so I don't think that's a problem.

Comment

I'm fairly certain that it is the heat, video cards can get pretty hot, but some such as my ATI RADEON 9800 pro, was not built well to handle high heat so I get those problems, it could also be your power supply, I've herd of several people that their power supply was dying, and they got the same results. I am confident that it is not a driver issue.

Comment

if you have a temp sensor on the actual card (some do, some don't)
                  then the highest you should be reading is somewhere around 70c. The cards are designed to handle up to 90C usually, but anything above 70c under load is excessive. Newer cards run even hotter, but my 6600GT ran up to about 73C under load. Might just try sticking a circ fan in your case somewhere and pointing it at the GPU. Usually that's enough to drop the temps 5c or so, because GPU's tend to have very obstructed/crappy air circulation near them.
                  a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
                  Celibacy is not Hereditary.
                  Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
                  Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
                  Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X