So how many will be playing TF2?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So how many will be playing TF2?

I have to say, I'm totally stoked for TF2!!!!!

I played TFC for years and years. It is probably the single most played game hands down for me. I can't wait for TF2! It looks dope!

It is probably the best team oriented game I have ever played. I hope TF2 delivers the same quality :)

Re: So how many will be playing TF2?

I'll play it for sure.
    ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
    No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

TFC seems too rushed for me, but indeed I will play TF2.

Comment

I'm in.

Comment

Looks interesting I have not played Team Fortress but it "seems" they are trying to make it a Team orientated game...I will give it a try....

Play MySpace games? PeepsDepot.com to get all the Peeps you need for any game!

Wii# 5935-7920-5346-8754 | PS3:TheeShadyB | XBOX 360:TheeShadyB

Comment

I'll be playing it.

Comment

what is it? i mean i read the website on it but is it something you buy from the store? Download?

All I ask for is communication

Comment

I'm pretty sure it will be available through steam. It's a team based FPS usually capture the flag but can be all sorts of other objectives from map to map. With 9 distict classes and high speed team based gameplay TF classic was a smash hit, with TF2 promising more of the same. Can they deliver?!?!?!??! Tune in at the same FPS time, same FPS station!

Comment

If there's sufficient interest, I could book the CE server one weekend, and we could play some TFC. I'd have to be certain that sufficient numbers were going to turn up though, otherwise it's just a waste of Apophis' time setting it up for us.
                  BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by Root View Post
                    If there's sufficient interest, I could book the CE server one weekend, and we could play some TFC. I'd have to be certain that sufficient numbers were going to turn up though, otherwise it's just a waste of Apophis' time setting it up for us.

I will be there for sure.

And yes, it's VERY fast paced. It was hard for me to transition from TFC to CS:S at first. I absolutely hated having to wait in observation between rounds. I've been in a lot of clans/teams in various FPS's and TFC was the one game that really hooked me for years.

You have all different classes and each have their strengths and weaknesses. What I like about it is both teams have to try to capture the flag, so you are forced to run both offense AND defense simultaniously. The defense obviously tries to guard the flag while the offense tries to take it :) There are other scenarios as well, like assassination (VIP Maps), territorial control (battlefield series), and attack/defend. The majority of maps are capture the flag though.

The reason I loved it so much is you can bunnyhop (not sure if you'll be able to in TF2), rocket jump, conc jump, etc. There's so many different elements and ways to try and complete your objective which are very challenging. Those things FIT with the game. Unlike CS:S where bunnyhopping was obviously something they had to nerf, it worked well in TFC. It was extremely fun to have a team of offense bunnyhop in, conc jump to the flag while your other O teammates 'distracted' the defense or worked on destroying sentry guns and then conc out with the flag. It's a huge rush and it requires an insane amount of teamwork and coordination to get a flag out or keep a flag in.

CS requires a lot of strategy, but Team Fortress has WAY more options for strats due to having the various classes that can all do different things.

It's very fun and I hope to see many of you playing! It's supposed to come as a free download with Episode 2 from what I understand. It was first announced in 1999 :p The community finally gave up on it and disregarded it as vaporware. Glad they finally decided to release it!

It's a game that fits blizzards philosophy of, "It's easy to play, difficult to master".
                    Last edited by Apex; 09-14-2006, 04:21 AM.

Comment

Definitely going to be playing TF2 for a long time. The first one was what got me started on online FPSs, I actually bought CS to play with a friend but back then I had 56k ( :( ), so I played TFC which was also on the disc. Played for years on just 1 server until WON went away and now I'm here.

I never really played TFC with some serious strategy, though I know there's a lot of potential for it. Gonna be interesting to play with a whole new playstyle after years of running, gunning, and rocket jumping :p

Comment

If you guys think that this game will as addictive as I think it will be, sign up your name here to show your interest.

Comment

Any idea what the price will be?

Comment

I definitely plan on playing TF2. I played the crap out of TFC back in the day. Can't wait for the release.
                            | | |

Comment

Originally posted by Shafik View Post
                              Any idea what the price will be?
                              Probably the usual $19.95 with a 10% discount on pre-orders, like thae vast majority of valve's 34d-party/mod stuff.

I'll probably get it, as I also grew up on TFC. (assassination missions > VIP maps =P)
                              a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
                              Celibacy is not Hereditary.
                              Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
                              Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
                              Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X