Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upcoming Changes For Counter-Strike: Source

Originally posted by Steam Message
    The changes coming to the Counter-Strike: Source weapon and equipment economy are still underway, but we're not quite ready to announce exactly what we have planned. The scope of the change involves changing the prices of every item in the game—some more significantly than others. But that's just the beginning. We'll have more info on what's in store, soon.
    Link.

Tasty :)
    ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
    No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Re: Upcoming Changes For Counter-Strike: Source

Hmm sounds interesting.

(If they raise the amount for an AWP, would they be permitted on the server again with extreme limitations like the scout?)
    Oyee

Comment

Only if AWP+primammo = 16,000, but it's still really cheap to use ingame.

Comment

Originally posted by Rincewind View Post
        Link.

Tasty :)
        Translation : we're going to mess up the sky in piranesi, turning it into countless fish heads by messing around with the game yet again, this time the price of weapons. We anticipate 1000's of complaints in our forum, from those whining CAL players who think the world should revolve around them. That's ok though, as we're valve, and are far too important to participate in our own filth *ahem* forum. We're making these changes, because otherwise we might really trash the game by fixing the hostage AI.
        BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

I actually heard a rumor that AI scripting will be improved by upping the price of secondary ammo on the deagle by $3 per unit.
          ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
          No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

Well, I wouldn't put too much stock into any of that...it seems to me that the weapon/ammo/armor tradeoff cannot be messed with too much....and the AWP is banned here, so whether they change it or not means absolutely nothing.

Comment

Agreed. The AWP isn't banned because it's easily accessible, it's banned for the obvious reasons. Hell, I say keep the limit of money to 16000, but make the AWP cost 17000 :)

Comment

Originally posted by whistler's mother View Post
                Agreed. The AWP isn't banned because it's easily accessible, it's banned for the obvious reasons. Hell, I say keep the limit of money to 16000, but make the AWP cost 17000 :)
                LOL NAh that is way too much. Make it $16001 and that will give people a little more hope.

Besides Whistler all you need is that dang scout to take my head off.

Play MySpace games? PeepsDepot.com to get all the Peeps you need for any game!

Wii# 5935-7920-5346-8754 | PS3:TheeShadyB | XBOX 360:TheeShadyB

Comment

I wonder what kind of controversy would pop up if they did something like...

Add new weapons?

What I'd like them to do one of these days is add a category for weapon modifications... like silencers, scopes, LAM's that are more accurate to aim with than the standard crosshair... the only reason I've ever wanted to learn to mod would be to do something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Priest View Post
                    I wonder what kind of controversy would pop up if they did something like...

Add new weapons?

What I'd like them to do one of these days is add a category for weapon modifications... like silencers, scopes, LAM's that are more accurate to aim with than the standard crosshair... the only reason I've ever wanted to learn to mod would be to do something like that.
                    You can download special weapons for CS:S that has those items, but only you'd benifit from them (Except when it comes to the silencer, you wouldnt be able to hear enemy's as easyly.)
                    Oyee

Comment

Originally posted by Black_V!per View Post
                      You can download special weapons for CS:S that has those items, but only you'd benifit from them (Except when it comes to the silencer, you wouldnt be able to hear enemy's as easyly.)
                      Would that not be cheating?

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDudeBT View Post
                        Would that not be cheating?
                        Depends on the server I guess... If they allow custom models and sounds...
                        Oyee

Comment

Using any custom models or sounds are considered cheating. Ever heard of the red/blue player models? The weapon models can also do things like give away player's positions or draw laser sights.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X