Exploding people

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exploding people

I'm just joining this server and still getting used to the rules but I do understand that TG is realism based. This being the case may I ask why when one player accidently TKed another, he exploded? 3 of my allies had little world spawn skulls as well.

It's very well possible I misunderstood what was going on since it happened quickly, and I got very confused when a bunch of my allies died for no reason that I could see. Can somebody clarify what happened? Was it some kind of anti-tk measure?

Re: Exploding people

I'm pretty sure that was an admin slay command, but things might have changed since I last poked my head in the server.

Comment

Hey Tinker! Did this happen before or after the last update? I dont remember to tell you the truth, because I noticed that people around me were dying and there wasnt anything on screen about it, just in console. (Posted it in the Steam Forums) Im also noticing that my health doesnt go down while im being fired at and/or hit, it registers after im away from the battle.

Could that be somewhat of the same problem?
      Oyee

Comment

If you wound a team mate, the damage is reflected, with a % increase. The more times you wound team mates in a round, the greater the increase in reflected damage. Players are encouraged to check their fire.
        BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

It wasn't an admin command, it's auto.

Comment

We used to call 'em landmines. Gotta watch for those. :icon19:

Comment

OK so I'm still not sure what happened with the exploding people. :P

As to mirror damage, I hadn't noticed it. But isn't it kinda counter to the TG primer "Support game play in a near-simulation environment."? Anywho, I'm derailing my own topic.

I'll keep an eye out whenever I'm on the server. Maybe I'll spot what happened :P

Comment

A while back we had it to where you wouldnt get killed for Tk'ing. But there was also of influx of TK'ing and the Admin team then put it back on. There is some good and bad in the Auto Kill. One being that it takes away from the realism in the game, but it also makes the person doing the TK'ing to watch there fire. I realize that sometimes ppl walk in you LOF, and that it will knock 2 teammates off the team for that round but it gets real frustrating when I get TK. So implementing the Auto-kill IMO is a good move on the Admins:)
                "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

Originally posted by Tinker
                  But isn't it kinda counter to the TG primer "Support game play in a near-simulation environment."?
                  Most blue fire is avoidable. Mirror damage encourages players to take more care. Also, it means the chances of you missing a round due to someone maliciously TK'ing you are smaller (but not removed). At worst, if you are maliciously TK'd, your attacker will also be dead.

Originally posted by Dirtboy View Post
                  I realize that sometimes ppl walk in you LOF, and that it will knock 2 teammates off the team for that round but it gets real frustrating when I get TK.
                  I will never understand the inability of players to use the crouch key when cutting in front of a team mate, and the corresponding inability of players to stand up when a player tries to cut in front using crouch.
                  BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

I can understand the mirror damage reducing TK'ing and that stuff, but I thought that's what the awesome admins are here for :) I'm used to NS and it seems we rarely have any problems with it. It's a shame you couldn't have a GB* command similar to the one the TGNS server uses, since it allows all regulars to act as rule enforcers.

I understand you have the PCS system in place, perhaps you could give them that type of power. This would allow you to bring the server closer in line with the primer by increasing the amount of administrative activity to take care of trouble players. Just a thought, maybe you admins can toss it around amongst yourselves. I think the biggest problem is that CS just has so many more players that it comes with alot more llama's also, making administrative action more difficult.

*For those who are unfamiliar with the NS server, any regular has the ability to issue the GB or GoodBye command in console "GB [name] [reason]" which kicks the offending player and tells them why. I believe all instances of GB are also logged so that actual admins can keep an eye on it's use.
                    Last edited by Tinker; 09-14-2006, 12:48 AM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Originally posted by Tinker View Post
                      I'm used to NS and it seems we rarely have any problems with it.
                      Different game, different calibre of player forming the general population. We're always looking at changes that we'd like to make, but so often, there are limitations in the game that get in the way.
                      BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by Tinker View Post
                        I can understand the mirror damage reducing TK'ing and that stuff, but I thought that's what the awesome admins are here for :) I'm used to NS and it seems we rarely have any problems with it. It's a shame you couldn't have a GB* command similar to the one the TGNS server uses, since it allows all regulars to act as rule enforcers.

I understand you have the PCS system in place, perhaps you could give them that type of power. This would allow you to bring the server closer in line with the primer by increasing the amount of administrative activity to take care of trouble players. Just a thought, maybe you admins can toss it around amongst yourselves. I think the biggest problem is that CS just has so many more players that it comes with alot more llama's also, making administrative action more difficult.

*For those who are unfamiliar with the NS server, any regular has the ability to issue the GB or GoodBye command in console "GB [name] [reason]" which kicks the offending player and tells them why. I believe all instances of GB are also logged so that actual admins can keep an eye on it's use.
                        Trust me, you do *NOT* want any regular CS:S player to have the ability to kick you. And due to the PCS style, many of the bigger issues are a situational event and need to be dealt with on a case-by-case basis. Sure, they are some times where a person obviously needs to go, but to give an entire group the ability to simply kick people? Too broad, I think. And we have excellent admin/t-admin coverage, last I saw. Feel free to contact us if there's a problem :)

And from what I've seen, NS seems to have a lot better playerbase, generally, than CS:S.

Comment

Poe, I think you misunderstand my usage of the word regular. By regular I do not mean "Normal CS player" I mean "Person who frequents the server often enough that he/she is recognized by other people who frequent the server and the admins, and who's maturity level is known to these people". Of course you don't want anyone joining your server having the ability to kick people. But the people who average 10-10,000,000 hours per week on the TG server (IE TG supporters, NOT SM's, but people who support the TG playstyle) could help in the administrative aspects, because let's admit it TG servers have alot more rules then the average server and in turn requires higher levels of administrative activity.

What my little aside boils down to is increasing realism by reducing the number of Smacktards through an increase in admistrative activity by supplying any trusted member of the TGCS:S server the most basic method of administrative action, the kick.

I understand that change may not be wanted or even occur quickly, but wouldn't it be nice to raise the bar insofar as creating a simulation enviroment is concerned?

Makes for good discussion anyways :D

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X