upgrading my mic

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• upgrading my mic

I finally got some cash money and ive decided to retire (read stomp ontop of) my old microphone/headset and purchase a new one. Now my record with mics is now zero for one and I was wondering if any one could suggest a reasonably cheap (under 50 dollars would be awesome) headset that works reliably all the time.

Re: upgrading my mic

Originally posted by Fearfull Dave View Post
    I finally got some cash money and ive decided to retire (read stomp ontop of) my old microphone/headset and purchase a new one. Now my record with mics is now zero for one and I was wondering if any one could suggest a reasonably cheap (under 50 dollars would be awesome) headset that works reliably all the time.
    What I use.

Comment

I use a Plantronics DSP-500 with Battlefield 2 and have been very happy with it. You don't say if you are looking for a USB or non-USB headset but the DSP-500 is USB.

The DSP-500 has been discontinued but here is a current Plantronics model that is close to $50:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16826265014

Comment

I purchased the Sennheiser pc165 and love them. Have used them for the past 2 days and no issues, just good sound quality and comfort.
        [TG] Rideau

Comment

As long as you stick with a USB headset, most of them are great.
          "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

I use a $22 lapel microphone from Radio Shack.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDudeBT View Post
              I use a $22 lapel microphone from Radio Shack.
              Ya, I use a Lapel Mic too, makes me feel less geeky with friends over. Im not a fan of Headphones because I've got 5.1 and am able to hear things behind me better with them, but do use headphones when needed. I use Sony MDR-EX81LP Bud-Style Fontopia Stereo Headphones... Wow... lol And find the bass on them to be great for games/music and are extremly comfortable to wear (I hate bulky things that make me feel like im being eaten by my computer ). "Small Simple Light" is my motto when it comes to headphones.
              Oyee

Comment

i got my mic for 20$ i do not reamber what it was called just serch compusa.com you should be able to find it on there.
                Instead of calling someone a noob, you should take that same amount of time to help them.

Comment

I use one of the Logitech PC Gamer Headsets. The behind the ear ones. It works really well but after a few hours of gaming it starts to dig in.

Comment

Lapel mics are great, and you can clip them to the cord on your current headphones or to your shirt.
                    ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
                    No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

err I use a old labtec mic with no model number =P
                      0-<-<
                      ( + [ ] :: )

Comment

Well I followed Big C's advice and it worked, my new mic is pretty sweet. ty for your advice

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X