Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm new

Hey everyone.

I purchased HL2: GOTY and recieved CSS. I'd like to try it at least once, so hopefully you guys still play once in a while. I'd appreciate you showing me the ropes. I've never played CS before (if you can believe that) but am active in BF2, and have naturally read all SOP's and Rules for this server.

Hope to see you in game soon.

Re: I'm new

You cannot try it "just once". It is a instant addiction!!! Welcome aboard and will see you on the server...
    "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Welcome :) Shouldnt take ya too long to get the hang of it..
      Dizlor

Comment

Hey Shafik!!!! I just started playing CS:S, tho I've had it for a while. I finally decided that BF2 just didn't run well on my system, so I'm just not going to play it anymore.

To everyone else, Shafik is a quite good player, you better watch out!

Comment

Howdy. Nice to have ya here. Hope you enjoy...us:row__523:

Comment

Welcome aboard...it is addictive and fun...But never and I repeat never listen to anyone with the name Dirtboy ...he will try and get you to do things you would not want to read about in future posts...LOL!

IN all seriousness it is a great place to play and bring more people...and yes Dirtboy is OK to listen too.

Play MySpace games? PeepsDepot.com to get all the Peeps you need for any game!

Wii# 5935-7920-5346-8754 | PS3:TheeShadyB | XBOX 360:TheeShadyB

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome. I'll just read everything and set up shop, i'll be playing and dying in no time. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Shafik View Post
                Thanks for the warm welcome. I'll just read everything and set up shop, i'll be playing and dying in no time. :)
                Shafik, welcome to the TG:CS community. The game is a bit different than BF2 in pace...in CS...you get hit, odds are, you are taking a dirtnap. Its, normally, a little slower, and more deliberate pace of a game...simply because, when you get popped...youre out until next round.

Main thing to keep in mind, dont shoot me, and be sure to always toss flashbangs and HE grenades at Root...everything else will just fall right into place. ;p
                If it isn't PCS, whats the point?
                with any questions or concerns.
                |

Aggressive Defense (an oxymoron): A naturally occurring situational event where a defender is caught in a role reversal anomaly. Usually associated with lack of practice, discipline or map awareness in a team based conflict.

Comment

Originally posted by Quest Shady View Post
                  But never and I repeat never listen to anyone with the name Dirtboy ...he will try and get you to do things you would not want to read about in future posts
                  Dammit Quest, that was between you, me, and the donkey;)

Anyway, welcome to the wonderful world of TG CS:S. This damn game has given me ulcers and countless sleepless nights...and it was worth every minute of it. The only advise that I can give you(since you are a TG member) is that listen and learn from the Regulars (PCSP and NPCSP).

Hope to see you on the server soon.

Dirtboy
                  "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

Shalom Shafik! My name is Ben and I am a samal in the IDF. Mah Matzav? Welcome and stick with me, I will keep you in good hands and this is a GREAT gaming community. Shana Tova!!

All I ask for is communication

Comment

Originally posted by Quest Shady View Post
                      Welcome aboard...it is addictive and fun...But never and I repeat never listen to anyone with the name Dirtboy ...he will try and get you to do things you would not want to read about in future posts...LOL!
                      This is true. But Dirtboy's words are like those of a Prophet's, and should be obeyed to the letter! (usually. kid's nuts).

Welcome, Shafik. I hope you find your place within the CSS community. I would be glad to help you out in any way possible, but currently I'm in college and without a gaming rig (that lets me surpass 10fps, at least). If there's anything I can help you with out-of-game, feel free to contact me and I'll do whatever I can to assist.

CSS is a tricky game, in the sense that 99.9999% of ALL other servers (a statistic I can pretty much guarentee) are your typical deathmatch servers. CSS is often played for the kills, and each map is merely just the battleground. You'll see this mentality from must pubbies that join the server, though if things get out of hand they are dealt with accordingly. As you're not new to TG, you know the general jist of things.

CSS is round-based, in the sense that you don't respawn until the round is over (they have a 9-minute cap last I checked. It may be 7 or 8 now, not sure). It's plenty of time usually, as the maps are pretty small in size. The PCS is objective-based (obviously), and due to the nature of the game, this is typically executed with stealth and tactics. Teamwork is very essential, especially since there's occasions where one man can take down a good number of your team. You'll adjust easily since you're in TG, I think, so none of this should be a problem. It's mostly just getting used to things.

Here's some links you might find useful:
                      Equipment/Arsenal Details
                      Creating Your Personal Configurations

That should be a good start. Welcome again! And kick some arse in my place! ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Ben View Post
                        Shana Tova!!
                        Yea What he said :P
                        "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

Thanks again, guys. My question is: I saw my ping to the server was about 330. Is this playable, considering the twitch factor involved? I might just have to a trial run with some of you, just to see if I should even try.

Comment

with a ping that high you will be insane with lag.

All I ask for is communication

Comment

Welcome, Shafik.

Originally posted by Shafik View Post
                              have naturally read all SOP's and Rules for this server.
                              This attitude gets the Root seal of approval.

I'm sure you'll fit in just fine. With regard to your ping, it may be that you need to turn the lizard pr0n downloads off whilst playing, and also, your game config might need a bit of tweaking. Catch an admin on IM, and we'll see what we can do to help you with your specific setup.
                              BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X