Projected Gun Prices...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Projected Gun Prices...

Whats your take on the new projected gun prices?

Click here for info
    Oyee

Re: Projected Gun Prices...

It will be interesting to see what guns people use the most.

|TG-12th| Troublesome4u

Comment

i dont mean to sound like a noob, but what is the reasoning for changing prices? and are they changing the Value of the objectives as well?
      that sounds like a good idea trooper.
      -Vulcan

Comment

Guns people dont buy much will become cheaper, making it more efficient to buy them. Guns people buy a lot will become more expensive, making them want to purchase them less. It'll hopfully even out the playing with those who can kill more with those who cant kill at all. (money wise)
        Oyee

Comment

Here's a bit of a discussion started already, though it's been idle a little while.

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/counter...ly-demand.html

Comment

That thread didnt show in my search... huh.. thanks.
            Oyee

Comment

Originally posted by Black_V!per View Post
              That thread didnt show in my search... huh.. thanks.
              Search can be weird sometimes. But yeah. Looks like there'll be a CVAR and the dynamic pricing will be disabled on PCS. And I must admit, I'm a bit disappointed, but Root seems quite adamantly against it :p

Comment

Anything that throws a randomness into the game I am all for...I like the idea, simply because it would force a "mix" of weapons vs the always using AK and M4s...
                If it isn't PCS, whats the point?
                with any questions or concerns.
                |

Aggressive Defense (an oxymoron): A naturally occurring situational event where a defender is caught in a role reversal anomaly. Usually associated with lack of practice, discipline or map awareness in a team based conflict.

Comment

Desert eagle - $929 projected as of this moment. Wow.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown1 View Post
                    Desert eagle - $929 projected as of this moment. Wow.
                    If only a fully nickled .50 cal DE was that cheap...
                    If it isn't PCS, whats the point?
                    with any questions or concerns.
                    |

Aggressive Defense (an oxymoron): A naturally occurring situational event where a defender is caught in a role reversal anomaly. Usually associated with lack of practice, discipline or map awareness in a team based conflict.

Comment

Unless the prices change dramatically, I don't see the point either way.

PS I believe for PCS realism that you should start each round with $16K. What self-respecting SWAT team has to settle for a pistol because they can't afford anything else?

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Fush View Post
                        PS I believe for PCS realism that you should start each round with $16K. What self-respecting SWAT team has to settle for a pistol because they can't afford anything else?
                        For realism, there shouldn't be money. There should be preset kits. You shouldn't be able to buy a FAMAS on a hostage map. You should get a kit that has no HE, extra flash and an MP5-SD, with perhaps a single shotgun kit available.
                        BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by Root View Post
                          For realism, there shouldn't be money. There should be preset kits. You shouldn't be able to buy a FAMAS on a hostage map. You should get a kit that has no HE, extra flash and an MP5-SD, with perhaps a single shotgun kit available.
                          But how will we ever 'nade the hostage rooms without them?!

Meh. As it's setup, it's good. It would be hard to implement a huge change like that. You know how many people would freak out at that? :p Then there'd be some change or preset kit that Root didn't like, then we'd get another rant about Valve and bushes...

Comment

Originally posted by Root View Post
                            A script for CS:S could make that possible if ever wanted. I dont know how to script CS:S myself, but im sure someone could help you from one of those moded servers. Just make it so that CT's spawn with those weapons every round... I believe i'd be fun/realistic. And make it so that T's can only buy guns depending on the score/amount of CT players.

Hmmm, do i smell a CS:S mod coming along?
                            Oyee

Comment

Originally posted by Black_V!per View Post
                              A script for CS:S could make that possible if ever wanted. I dont know how to script CS:S myself, but im sure someone could help you from one of those moded servers. Just make it so that CT's spawn with those weapons every round... I believe i'd be fun/realistic. And make it so that T's can only buy guns depending on the score/amount of CT players.

Hmmm, do i smell a CS:S mod coming along?
                              Just disable buying, set up a quick script to let players choose a predetermined set (USP/mp5, deagle/m4, whatever). Wouldn't be too hard, I imagine. Your proposed T one would be more difficult, and I think making something depend on score isn't the greatest idea.

I don't much care for the idea, personally.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X