Locking Up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Locking Up

Okay, I've reinstalled CSS on a fresh reinstall of XP when my original HDD died. But, in the first 40 or so seconds into the game when I join a server, my FPS goes to unplayable low and eventually locks up with the looping gunfire sounds.

(BTW, CSS worked perfectly for me on my original install. I had custom skins on that old install, but the FPS was unchanged.)

Re: Locking Up

hmm.... maybe your computer needs amroe ram cause Xp uses like 64 of your ram.... but the lockup could be cause of some error... if you can give me some specific detail I maybe can figure out your problem, all I ask is you press CTRL+ALT+DEL and you'll get taskmanager. go to PROCESS and resize the window until you can see every process and take a picture or screenshot it for me and I will figure something out.
    0-<-<
    ( + [ ] :: )

Comment

css did kinda the same thing to me. When i installed my new vcard it would randomly lock up and i would be unable to play so i had to downgrade.

So it could be your vcard doing it but thats the best guess i can give you.
      Instead of calling someone a noob, you should take that same amount of time to help them.

Comment

Originally posted by blackwhitehawk View Post
        css did kinda the same thing to me. When i installed my new vcard it would randomly lock up and i would be unable to play so i had to downgrade.

So it could be your vcard doing it but thats the best guess i can give you.
        Mine runs smoothest on the driver one-less than the current. :)

Comment

Solved the problem. I just went into my BIOS and changed my AGP apeture size to 256.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X