AAR: Captain's matches tonight

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AAR: Captain's matches tonight

There was a great turnout tonight(10/5) on the PCS server so the admin team decided to throw together a couple captain's matches. Tactics and fun ensued.

Match 1
    Goku's team vs. Gato's team
    de_contra

From a one-sided perspective, I'm fairly certain that both teams exhibited substantial planning and execution. Goku's team was terrorist to begin with, and with the help of well-played distractions, was able to overcome the quick-thinking defense of Gato's team.

On the flip side, Gato's team was able to put together a barrage of distractions. They used vantage points as an asset, along with the customary flash/smoke. They came right back at us with all we had given them plus more.

Overall score: 4 to 4

Match 2
    Greflin's team vs. Quest Shady's team
    de_spirits

The first two rounds didn't go so well for Greflin's team (terrorists.) Quest was able to put together a solid defense and basically wiped the floor with us during the aforementioned rounds. Gref's team changed the gameplan around a little bit and was able to use the map to their advantage.

After switching sides, Greflin's defensive capability really shown through. A combination of sneakiness and communication was used in order to hold off the undeniable force that was Quest's team.

Overall score: Greflin 6 to Shady 2

I want to add that I was personally impressed with everyone on the server tonight. We all thought and acted as a team and no one dissented. Great job, guys.

On another note, I feel it a responsibility as an admin and a conveyor of PCS to personally commend every captain tonight. Quest, Goku, Gato, and Greflin should all be given a big pat on the back for what they concocted as team organizers. Nice work, gents.
    Last edited by whistler; 10-06-2006, 01:33 AM.

Re: AAR: Captain's matches tonight

There was quite a bit of awesome planning going on by all 4 Captians tonight. Each one definitly deserves a thumbs up for taking charge of your team and following through with thier plans.
    The best part about the whole thing was, nobody questioned any of thier CPTs plans and followed them perfectly (minus the whole confusion of which site was really A and B on de_Contra):row__523:
    "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

It was a set of great games last night. It was wonderful to see a full server filled with TG players.

It was a great contrast from the gun game and pub servers I play when the TG server is empty.

The first captain's game really showed how good 'tactical' planning can get that bomb down. Both teams when they played as T's used great distractions and diversions to plant the bomb that had CT's from either team scrambling to try and defuse. Great set of games.

The second set of games on Spirit started great for my team but they caught on to our defense strategy quickly and made plans to counter them. Good job to Gref's team for changing it up and getting the objective accomplished.

I want to apologize to my team for my lack of planning skills on De_Spirits. I had a great team and should have been able to come up with a plan to get that bomb down. Gref's team just had all those entrances well covered and great communications to lock us down.

I also want to thank Gogeta for trying to help us out by thinning out his team occasionaly...:row__642:

Thanks to my team for sticking together as a team and the great comms. If I am ever captain again I WILL make my plans more clear and precise. I will keep watching some of the great players on the TG server and get it done!

Hopefully we will get a chance to get the VIP maps working so we can have a go at that. I have yet to play one of the VIP maps and it would be interesting to play and learn.

Once again it was a great set of games played the way TG-PCS is supposed to be. Thanks to all that played!

Play MySpace games? PeepsDepot.com to get all the Peeps you need for any game!

Wii# 5935-7920-5346-8754 | PS3:TheeShadyB | XBOX 360:TheeShadyB

Comment

First I would like to say great games everyone. Contra is a very hard map to defend and Gato did a great job of planning the defense, Goku's distractions were making us very jumpy, and when they finally showed up we fell fast :P

We did use the same tactic as T on the map and it worked very well. Was a round were I didn't think we were gonna win Schwa came up from the sewers into A and got the defuser, but it was close.

Spirits is a great map, one of my favorites. Quest's defense was awesome, really took us out fast the first 2 time. Slight changes in how we attacked allowed us to overcome evening the score and splitting it 2-2.

As defense on the map the only reason we won was my team. We locked down every entry point, rotated players to heavier spots as needed and managed to hold off the attack. I would like to thank Whistler, and C for going into the tunnels at B and defending that death trap without complaint. I know that if they come that way it's going to be bloody, and without fast backup you are going to die heh, thanks a lot.

Great game and great players.

Comment

Sounds like everyone had fun and played well. I wish I could be there though to see The Shady One pull off that defense Whistler was talking about, and way to step up on the planning aspect of the games. I know that making and executing plans can be difficult but what matters is that you made a plan and stuck with it, and that is what PCS is all about. Good job to ALL the captains during these matches. Do I smell future PCSP's in the making? I think I do;)
          "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

Originally posted by Greflin View Post
            I would like to thank Whistler, and C for going into the tunnels at B and defending that death trap without complaint.
            No problemo. I was a little nervous about being couped up with C in a tunnel :row__523:

Comment

Originally posted by Quest Shady View Post
              I also want to thank Gogeta for trying to help us out by thinning out his team occasionaly...:row__642:

xD I do what I can lol Its funny how I did a total of less then 20 dmg to stephanos and ended up killing him three times !! Those cpt. games get me all twitchy inside ;)

Great Games to everyone who played... Contra was a blast cuz it was dead even... I was most impressed with our team on spirits... Getting beat down the first two rounds, after that everyone stayed composed and Gref did a great job of planning to get us back to even.. then on the defense we all did an awesome job of holding our own in the positions we were assigned ( Especially THawk who hadnt ever played teh map before, he did a great job of backin me up when I needed it )

Big ups to all who played !!!
              Dizlor

Comment

I'm sorry I missed the games, I was falling asleep in my chair. My wife invited me to come to bed on time and, well, the rest is history :) I'm glad everyone had a good time!
                ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
                No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Rincewind View Post
                  My wife invited me to come to bed on time and, well, the rest is history :)
                  Please go on...;)
                  "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtboy View Post
                    Please go on...;)
                    she had a "headache".

Comment

Originally posted by Gogeta View Post
                      xD I do what I can lol Its funny how I did a total of less then 20 dmg to stephanos and ended up killing him three times !! Those cpt. games get me all twitchy inside ;)
                      I'd ALMOST forgotten about that :P

Comment

I have to say thank to my team, and thanks for following the orders. The games were really great. Only problem was a phone call during the game on spirits that I could not let go. Sorry bout that Quest. =(. But yes, great gaming by everyone.
                        " Logic always prevails...now where are my pants?"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X