Stats? Where to view them

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stats? Where to view them

I typed in "rank" yesterday while playing and I got a message that gave a specific web address to check out my stats.
    Is this real, and if so, what is the web address?

All I ask for is communication

Re: Stats? Where to view them

Originally posted by Ben View Post
    I typed in "rank" yesterday while playing and I got a message that gave a specific web address to check out my stats.
    Is this real, and if so, what is the web address?
    The website is mystats.com

No, it isn't real. Do you really think we'd allow stats on the PCS server?! :row__642:

Comment

Then why is it there...is it a joke or something?
      "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

Didn't i hear on the grapevine that all registered players have their stats stored on the server somewhere so you admin types can take a look now and then.
        [defense]

Comment

Thats what i heard as well

Comment

also, there is a certain value to knowing which weapons you do best with etc..

Comment

Your stats will be stored when I implement the next mani upgrade. How quickly that is depends on the overall level of activity in the PCS community (both server AND forum). The greater the activity, the more incentive I'll have for getting on with things, as there's more than just setting mani up involved this time.

The new version of mani allows us to list commands to be ignored. Any valid stats / rank commands will be included in the list, so that players have more time to enjoy playing PCS.

Yes, the admin team will have access to the stats, as they contain objective based information (number of hostages rescued, bombs planted, etc). Under no circumstances will we award PCS ribbons just because we notice a player does exceptionally well in any of these areas. What we WILL do, is take that information into account when a player sends in a deserving nomination. General player conduct will be taken into account with any ribbon nomination.

For example : BigC is nominated for hostage rescue. The stats support this. The admin team, however, knows that BigC often leaves his team to die just so he can grab the hostages and get the cash. No ribbon will be awarded.

If however, Fenix is nominated, the stats support the nomination, and the admins know that he always supports his team, and achieves the rescues through PCS, thent he ribbon will be awarded.

If anyone has queries about the ribbon system, you're more than welcome to PM or IM me. Nominations should ONLY be sent as per the instructions previously posted by myself.

To go back to stat information, I'm perfectly happy to share LIMITED stat info. Depending on what information I can get from the stats package, my intention is to make a weekly post announcing the bomber, defuser, hostage rescuer, assassin and VIP of the week. Also, there's no harm in announcing the player with the most time on the server, and the most popular map. What we will NOT share, is kill related information. Ben raises a valid point, but I don't see how we can provide the information he's requesting without including kill info. Also, given the number of people on our server, it would be quite time consuming to produce individuals with that sort of information.

Perhaps we'll look at sharing weapon popularity by percentage with you, if that's of interest. Again, the above is my intention. What's actually possible is something we'll have to look into.
              BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtboy View Post
                Then why is it there...is it a joke or something?
                It is there because any server needs to edit it in the mani file to a website that DOES list the server's stats. It is just a filler.
                Last edited by whistler; 10-12-2006, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by whistler's mother View Post
                  It is there because any server needs to edit it in the mani file to a website that DOES list the server's stats. It is just a filler.
                  Actually, that is just a mani default redirector that is built in. It is intended to direct people to a website that publishes the public stats for viewing.
                  Last edited by TheBigC; 10-12-2006, 07:33 PM.
                  "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Knowing some stats would be great. Kill to death ratio is unimportant, but knowing objectives completed and weapon you are doing the best with would be interesting to see.

Comment

Originally posted by Greflin View Post
                      Knowing some stats would be great. Kill to death ratio is unimportant, but knowing objectives completed and weapon you are doing the best with would be interesting to see.
                      I agree. I dont care about the KDR. But I would like to know what weapon works for me and what weapons I can improve on. This should be made public for all to look at...IMO anyway:)

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigC View Post
                        Actually, that is just a mani default redirector that is built in. It is intendd to direct people to a website that publishes the public stats for viewing.
                        Thats what I think I said but not as elegantly...

Originally posted by Dirty Dirt
                        I agree. I dont care about the KDR. But I would like to know what weapon works for me and what weapons I can improve on. This should be made public for all to look at...IMO anyway
                        I think that is why Root may post the top person in each field every week; It will encourage people to strive to be the top rescuer, defuser, etc.

Comment

I really can't wait to get back to gaming, so I can enjoy all these new, planned features. I may be going to a different college next year, which would allow me to have my gaming rig with me.

Comment

Originally posted by poe View Post
                            I really can't wait to get back to gaming, so I can enjoy all these new, planned features.
                            When will you be back exactly?

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtboy View Post
                              When will you be back exactly?
                              Christmas through the second week of January... then, gone again until May. I'll then be home May through sometime September. :)

Edit: I miss you Dirtboy <3 :(

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X