What an authoritative PCS player with mic can do for the server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What an authoritative PCS player with mic can do for the server

Today we had some great games...with a lot of pubbers. It seems unusual, especially that it happened on a map none of them had ever played before (de_aaa) and the fact that we (team pub) started out killing the CTs, who had at least 2 PCS players and other regs. The key was (scaredy) Dave, but it could have been anyone with a PCS ribbon and a mic. The first round Dave gave a tour, we took long cats to B and every other route was pointed out right off the bat. Dave told the group where all the ambush spots were, where people would be, where to set-up (it didn't seem so micromanaging in game) etc. The whole team followed orders great, and they were the usual crowd that would (no offence) normally get kicked for crackjumping, swearing, not following orders etc. But, by bringing them together to complete the objective in a planned out way that wasn't over complicated they were more than willing to drop any old bad habits. In fact, by the end at least 4 new people showed interest in coming here and wanted to add the [TG] tag.

So what was really so different tonight from every other time a pubber comes on and it seems we just can't wait for him to get kicked? It's a fairly easy to replicate list.
    1. The PCS representative (who was Dave here) was courteous and calm when explaining the rules.
    2. The PCS rep phrased the plans like: "We are going to do X..." to make the team feel more team-ish and always kept them objective-oriented.
    3. The PCS rep didn't expect everyone to play up to his standards right away, or even after 6 rounds. Slack was cut. Kicks were held off.
    4. The PCS rep was authoritative. Clearly stood out as a commander/person to be followed, and made a few plans without having bomb (see: 3).
    5. The PCS rep had a mic. root, I hate to say it (actually, this is a rare, delightful opportunity :icon19:) but you couldn't have done this. The players needed to hear a voice, something human.

For the record, I have seen Ben, Dirtboy, Whistler, and to be fair, root do similar things with pub teams, but this time we actually converted them. And to be honest, were I more vocal I could just as easily do this, or anyone not PCS proven but well educated (w/ a mic).

Re: What an authoritative PCS player with mic can do for the server

Nice job Dave, thanks for helping us out tonight. I have a headache after that last round on dust2.

Comment

Good work Dave

All I ask for is communication

Comment

Dave is a nice guy. -Wait, nice doesnt cut it. Pwnsome is more like it.

Way to go, wish i was able to stay for that map, still dont understand it that well.

And yes, MIC's are a great tool for CS, to hear a human is 100x's better than reading instructions. You cant get the feeling of help from text.
        Oyee

Comment

MANNNN I am so jelous I missed what sounds to have been a hell of a night of some PCS.
          PSN= Lethal_420

Comment

Excellent job Dave, and thanks for the report HairyNevus. I try to convert people to our playing style, but I dont think they like my voice.

I suppose I will say this before poe will...Spellchecker FTW:)
            Again great job guys.
            "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

MAn I am sorry I missed the great games...

Great job Oh Fearful One on taking chargeand thanks Hairy for reporting...

Once people learn what we are all about I think that some will Love it and convert to the TG side...

Oh and it doesn't take a PCS tag or any ribbon to do this...anyone that has been playing on the TG server and knows the "Law of the Land" can do the same...

But Dave stepped up and made it that much better ...once again GREAT JOB!

Play MySpace games? PeepsDepot.com to get all the Peeps you need for any game!

Wii# 5935-7920-5346-8754 | PS3:TheeShadyB | XBOX 360:TheeShadyB

Comment

Nice work Dave. I witnessed some of your actions last night. Thanks also, to everyone else who calmly dealt with the huge influx of visitors. I know how tedious it was to keep telling a new player about the MOTD every few rounds, but we did ok.
                BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Last night really was awesome. Dave really showed some awesome leadership pulling together a team of mostly pubs. I had the honor of jumping into aaa on T's (Dave's team) and it was just awesome the amount of unity he was able to bring to the table. Great job. I'm rushing right now to nominate him for some sort of ribbon!
                  | | |

Comment

I can't wait to get back, and being able to actually understand Dave. ;)

Comment

I know! you've really missed out on that catagory poe

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X