Unexplained Lag...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unexplained Lag...

In the last week or week and a half I have been getting unusual lag on the |TG| Server. Has anyone else been having this problem? My ping jumps between 100 and 200 (tonight 224) and all voice coms come in chopped. At the same time things happen in slow motion such as I throw a grenade and a full second later I hear the "Fire In the Hole" and the timing of the grenade going off is weird.

Prior to this I was usually at a constant 35 ping and had no problems with coms or slow motion players. I mean my reflexes may have been slow but that lag is only ME...:madsmile:

I only mention this because I am not experiencing any of these problems on any of the other servers that I play (when the TG server is empty). Even the fast paced Gun Games run fine.

I have tried restarting the computer and Steam and a few other things in hopes something like that would work. I am not sure what else has changed...such as any updates.

Any help? Anyone else having this problem?

Play MySpace games? PeepsDepot.com to get all the Peeps you need for any game!

Wii# 5935-7920-5346-8754 | PS3:TheeShadyB | XBOX 360:TheeShadyB

Re: Unexplained Lag...

I'm having more issues with the TG server than I normally do. Same thing, abnormally high ping, high choke, and comms are choppy. Other servers are fine. I'm on COX in OKC and normally ping in the server between 5 & 30
    ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
    No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

I dunno but I think I've got the same problem. Every day it goes wacko in the evening and I'm tired of it. Bought a good antivirus, gonna do a scan here soon. I have a feeling that my computer has more viruses than Paris Hilton.

Comment

ewww.
        ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
        No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

We've got a thread in the NS forums where we post traceroutes. You guys might keep one here.
          Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak View Post
            We've got a thread in the NS forums where we post traceroutes. You guys might keep one here.
            Done.

Please, use the sticky for traceroute info, and this thread for discussion.
            BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

I did a virus scan before the long weekend. I don't know if that resolved my lag issues, or if Charter resolved them, but no longer do I have a 200+ ping after 8 p.m.

Comment

Hmmmm... this has happened to me too. I expierence lagg on TG sometimes. When i go to other servers i dont lagg at all.... I just scanned 2 times with every virus and ad-ware scanners i have i hope this works....

Comment

Lots of lag complaints, not a single traceroute post in the correct sticky.

If you aren't going to be proactive about dealing with the lag, it's not going to get fixed. Apophis needs hard evidence to work with, so that he can identify the REAL cause.
                  BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X