no mic

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no mic

ok, my mic doesn't work. I just bought a new headset and my mic doesn't work. I went to the CSS options section and hit test mic and I get nothing. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

Re: no mic

check your sound "properties" section and see if your default is your sound card or a built in onboard sound. If your mic heradphones are plugged into your card and the sound properties is selected to your onboard sound, no sound. also sometimes digital plugs dont work etc. hard to know without seeing your setup

Comment

what sound properties?

Comment

go: "control panel" then "sounds speech and audio devices" then "sounds and audio devices" then "audio" choose sound recording and then whatever plug your mic is plugged into. probably the same as your sound playback device. Do the same at the "voice" tab.

Comment

What type of sound card?

Also for sound properties you can go to your Control Panel (In WIndows-Not the Game) double click the Sounds and Audio Devices icon...The Sounds and Audio Devices box will pop open and you can select the Audio Tab. In that section it will allow you to select your default device. This is good if you have onboard audio vs a seperate audio card. Make sure you select whichever your speakers and mic are plugged in...Note: If you only have one sound device only one will be displayed in that drop down box.

If you have a sound card that has an additional front panel that you can plug your Headphones and Mic into such as the SOund Blaster X-Fi then that is something else. CS:S has a tendancy to switch your settings back to Mic 1 when you need Mic 2 to be recorded...there is a way to make CS:S to select Mic 2 or "What You Hear"...

So more info on the card is what we need...

Play MySpace games? PeepsDepot.com to get all the Peeps you need for any game!

Wii# 5935-7920-5346-8754 | PS3:TheeShadyB | XBOX 360:TheeShadyB

Comment

I've got it working but I have to yell into it. But I'm in the agame with voice. Killing root.... :)

Comment

Originally posted by StainlessSteel View Post
              I've got it working but I have to yell into it. But I'm in the agame with voice. Killing root.... :)
              You can typically modify the input volume. Try doing it from CS:S first. If that doesn't work...

Right-click "My Computer," and find your mic out of the list of hardware. Go to properties. There should be a way to configure it from there; I can't remember exactly, and I don't have a microphone with me to test it out.

Comment

Originally posted by StainlessSteel View Post
                You might have an icon in your system tray, for sound. Double click to bring up the various volume controls. Go into properties to include mic on the playback options. Then set your mic volume, and if need be, boost the gain.
                BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

This happened to me acouple of times. I hate it.
                  My solution: Scream real loud and start kicking your computer if this doesnt work then i dont know what to say lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Root View Post
                    You might have an icon in your system tray, for sound. Double click to bring up the various volume controls. Go into properties to include mic on the playback options. Then set your mic volume, and if need be, boost the gain.

Thanks Root. I think I have it fixed. I'll hop on and try it out. I'll see you at the receiving end of my weapon...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X