Give me a Hint Will Ya!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Give me a Hint Will Ya!

Ok now that I have found a server that I thoroughly enjoy dying.. er eh I mean playing on. How do you become a member of TG. I havent been part of a clan since my own DOD clan disbanded two years ago, Basically because most are full of hot heads and loud mouth taunters that dont have a clue as to what having real fun is. But in the short few weeks I have been playin on your server I have found no desire to go on any other server, EVEN when yours is empty! So throw me a bone guys .. or a link to let me know what I need to do to apply. thanks........
    I.R. Hogan |TG|

Discipline is the soul of an army.
    It makes small numbers formidable
    procures success to the weak
    and esteem to all.

Re: Give me a Hint Will Ya!

You are have been part of TG the moment you made your first post and contributed ideas and opinions to the community. But we are always looking for supporting members to help pay the bills here. IMO, it is worth every penny. Here is the link to become an SM... http://www.tacticalgamer.com/payments.php oh yea, I almost forgot, when you are an SM and the server is full, you get a reserved slot. That alone is worth it;)
    "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtboy View Post
      You are have been part of TG the moment you made your first post and contributed ideas and opinions to the community. But we are always looking for supporting members to help pay the bills here. IMO, it is worth every penny. Here is the link to become an SM... http://www.tacticalgamer.com/payments.php oh yea, I almost forgot, when you are an SM and the server is full, you get a reserved slot. That alone is worth it;)
      You'll have to ignore Dirtboy's grammar and sift for content instead. :)

I'm glad to see your interest. As for joining TG: the whole premise is it being a tactical, realistic and open-based community. By signing up on the forums, you're acknowledged that you wish to be a part of the community...and are! Supporting Memberships are encouraged for those who want to help the server, and certainly worth all the benefits. There's a whole list; as Dirtboy mentioned, the reserve slot is the most immediate. The price is good, too - even for the webspace alone! I'm still a SM, and I haven't even been able to play CS:S since August!

Comment

...what is this web-space you speak of?

I sincerely wish to contribute my map-making services to the TG community and perhaps crank out some of the first few PCS approved CS:S maps. However, I've been severly hindered by the inability to share my progress with you folks. I have a nearly completed re-imagining of cs_harvest done, and am about halfway through an entirely original creation (with working closed circut cameras, detonatable doors, and other goodies) I enjoy receiving feedback during this production time, and would love a place to post my progress and adjust my maps according to real-time feedback by the members.

However, I havn't found a good way to host my content. As a supporting member will I be able to attach files to my posts? Can I put files in a place for non-TG members to download? What kind of internal file sharing structure do you have?

I've been considering becoming a supporting member for some time. While I'm waiting to see how some other things settle before I throw cash at you all, this certainly would be an added incentive!

-Aaron

Comment

Originally posted by poe View Post
          You'll have to ignore Dirtboy's grammar and sift for content instead. :)
          Dammit poe...cut me some slack. I wrote the post when I was half asleep;)
          I also have been an SM for about a year now and I havent been on the server since the beginning of May. I just like to go on the forums and give poe something to do:)
          "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

Originally posted by What Is Schwa? View Post
            ...what is this web-space you speak of?

I sincerely wish to contribute my map-making services to the TG community and perhaps crank out some of the first few PCS approved CS:S maps. However, I've been severly hindered by the inability to share my progress with you folks. I have a nearly completed re-imagining of cs_harvest done, and am about halfway through an entirely original creation (with working closed circut cameras, detonatable doors, and other goodies) I enjoy receiving feedback during this production time, and would love a place to post my progress and adjust my maps according to real-time feedback by the members.

However, I havn't found a good way to host my content. As a supporting member will I be able to attach files to my posts? Can I put files in a place for non-TG members to download? What kind of internal file sharing structure do you have?

I've been considering becoming a supporting member for some time. While I'm waiting to see how some other things settle before I throw cash at you all, this certainly would be an added incentive!

-Aaron
            If the going gets tough, you could always upload through http://www.yousendit.com/, one of the other admins or I could check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by whistler's mother View Post
              If the going gets tough, you could always upload through http://www.yousendit.com/, one of the other admins or I could check it out.
              Thank you mate =) Hopefully the going eases up a bit...

Anyhow, I've run into problems with people on the receiving end of an e-mail having arbitrary limits, such as 5 megs, to files in their inbox. A compiled map can range into the upper 40's (especially if I havn't optomized, which is usually the last step). Plus if the TG map-making crew does take off, I'm sure we'd all like to have a place to share pre-fabs, custom textures, and sounds... and so forth.

I've hunted around for free file hosting, but... so far it all seems like garbage or has such a screwy interface it isn't worth it. I was considering purchasing something, but if TG can fit the need...

What is the supporting member webspace like?

-Aaron

Comment

SM's get hosting, webmail, reserved slots and access to private forums for members discussion. You also get some love when participating in games. Like in bf2 you have to be an SM to join an official squad.

- -

Comment

Yeah, if you DO become an SM, all you have to do is talk to Apophis and he'll set you up with the webspace. Honestly, I think the ultrafast downloads are reason enough to become SM.

Comment

Thank you for your responses but I will not be joining as a paid member at this time.

-Aaron

Comment

Wait, so anyone that comes to TG server and signs up and shares ideas on forums can put TG infront of their name?

Oh, and if not you'll see me donating money soon lol...

Comment

Schwa, have you tried useing something like winrar, to make it into multiple smaller files? say a couple MB per, download them all then unpack with winrar? Something like that may be good for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper Bob View Post
                          Wait, so anyone that comes to TG server and signs up and shares ideas on forums can put TG infront of their name?

Oh, and if not you'll see me donating money soon lol...
                          Becoming a supporting(donating) member is not a requirement by any means.

Comment

ok let me clarify my question a bit .. How do I become a tag weilding member of tg? ie |TG| or |TG PCS| whatever the actual cs tag is I also play DOD:S cod, cod2, looking into this dystopia thing and on occasion (when im extremely bored and nothing better to do) i play bf2
                            I.R. Hogan |TG|

Discipline is the soul of an army.
                            It makes small numbers formidable
                            procures success to the weak
                            and esteem to all.

Comment

Hint: Always wind up on Gogeta's team.

Hint: Never stand downwind of Dirtboy.

That is all resume regular transmission...

Play MySpace games? PeepsDepot.com to get all the Peeps you need for any game!

Wii# 5935-7920-5346-8754 | PS3:TheeShadyB | XBOX 360:TheeShadyB

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X