Topic of contention ...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Topic of contention ...

Today I caught alot of flack for using a simple walk toggle script I put it to all a vote if this is considered a cheat .. give me a break.. how can it be.? the following is my script.

//
    //walk toggle
    alias "walktoggle" "walk"
    alias run "-speed; bind mouse1 +attack; alias walktoggle walk"
    alias walk "+speed; bind mouse1 +wakeup; alias walktoggle run"
    alias +wakeup "+attack; -speed"
    alias -wakeup "-attack; bind mouse1 +attack; alias walktoggle walk"
    bind "f" "walktoggle"
    //

All this does is allow me to not cramp up my hands by holding the button down it also releases when i fire. I submit to you my peers is this a cheat??? If TG feels it is I will remove it, But honestly I dont comprehend how it could be a cheat shwa dont bother posting youve already voiced your opinion quite clearly on the server.
    I.R. Hogan |TG|

Discipline is the soul of an army.
    It makes small numbers formidable
    procures success to the weak
    and esteem to all.

Re: Topic of contention ...

Also if that is considered a cheat is my bombplant script a cheat also??

//
    //bombplant
    alias +bomb "slot5; +duck; +attack"
    alias -bomb "-duck; -attack"
    bind "s" "+bomb"
    //
    I.R. Hogan |TG|

and esteem to all.

Comment

Originally posted by I.R. Hogan View Post
      Today I caught alot of flack for using a simple walk toggle script I put it to all a vote if this is considered a cheat .. give me a break.. how can it be.?
      Well, i'm the one who "gave you flack" about it. I explained how many consider your scripts an exploit, including many gaming ladders/leagues. You called me a fool and left. I'm not sure why you started this thread, other than to get a poll as to wether or not I am right or wrong. I hope the answer satisfies you.

Anyhow, it is commonly agreed that scripts that bind more than one command to a single keystroke give players an unfair advantage.

I find it particularly interesting that you have been misleading with your description of the script you use. For those who don't understand the particular of CS:S commands, that script "un-walks" you as soon as you fire a bullet.

I'm not going to lecture you on the morals of play. However, if you read the TG primer you will see that our server is about playing the game fairly, and one should not use tactics that give you an unfair edge.

-Aaron

P.S.
      Originally posted by I.R. Hoagan
      shwa dont bother posting
      This is amusingly rude, and reinforces my beleif that this thread was started in spite, rather than a true thirst for information.
      Last edited by What Is Schwa?; 11-19-2006, 06:03 PM.

Comment

I don't think so. Scripts usually come under controversy when they perform multiple, complex functions with 100% accuracy or faster then normally possible. This seems to be more along the lines of streamlining binds.

But, I don't script and it was hard for me to tell from your explanation exactly what it does, in a stepwise manner.

Also, do not consider someone saying something in-game to be the extent of their voicing opportunity, this is a forum.

Comment

My point about his "voicing his opinion" was that he went on for 20 mins on the server even after being asked to drop the subject due to the fact we were'nt going to agree. He continued to harrass me about it so I left. Also to make it clearer on what the script does.. here are the mechanics of it..
          you push a button you walk .. you push a button you run.. if you fire while in walk mode you switch to run mode. simple.

Better yet here is my complete autoconfig with my alias' TG be the judge if its not allowed tell me and i will delete it.

//
          //
          //bombplant
          alias +bomb "slot5; +duck; +attack"
          alias -bomb "-duck; -attack"
          bind "s" "+bomb"
          //
          //
          //walk toggle enhanced
          alias "walktoggle" "walk"
          alias run "-speed; bind mouse1 +attack; alias walktoggle walk"
          alias walk "+speed; bind mouse1 +wakeup; alias walktoggle run"
          alias +wakeup "+attack; -speed"
          alias -wakeup "-attack; bind mouse1 +attack; alias walktoggle walk"
          bind "f" "walktoggle"
          //
          //
          //weaponswitch
          alias primary "slot1"
          alias secondary "slot2"
          alias knife "slot3"
          alias nades "slot4"
          bind "ins" "primary"
          bind "home" "secondary"
          bind "pgup" "knife"
          bind "pgdn" "nades"
          //
          //
          I.R. Hogan |TG|

and esteem to all.

Comment

I would also like to add that I hope this disagreement doesnt cause hostility between schwa and I .. i always enjoy getting killed by him lol
            I.R. Hogan |TG|

and esteem to all.

Comment

Originally posted by I.R. Hogan View Post
              He continued to harrass me about it so I left.
              Please, if you have an issue report it to the admins. They can review the in game chat log and take any action necessary. If you have an issue with me, bring it to private messages.

Your accusations here are baseless and without merit. I explained my oppinon clearly and politely. You called me a fool and left.

Originally posted by I.R. Hogan
              I would also like to add that I hope this disagreement doesnt cause hostility between schwa and I
              Than I would appreciate it if you restricted your exagerations of our conversation and kept to the details.

-Aaron

Comment

I can see this is going no where. admin you might as well close this posting
                I.R. Hogan |TG|

and esteem to all.

Comment

O the joy of a war being made, Script vs Non script users.

I dont think there is anything wrong with useing that script, all it does is ally you to use walk with out killing your self.

what does your bomb script do I dont understand the codeing to well.
                  Instead of calling someone a noob, you should take that same amount of time to help them.

Comment

I see your reasoning for the script and I could care less to be honost, but in answering your question "is this a cheat?" I would say yes! I have always been under the assumption and also even though we are NOT Cal, anything that is NOT default is a cheat... Definitly a question for the Great Root all mighty to answer
                    PSN= Lethal_420

Comment

To Schwa, he made this post to address the community and did not mention you at all until you brought yourself into the issue.

As for:
                      "Anyhow, it is commonly agreed that scripts that bind more than one command to a single keystroke give players an unfair advantage."

That's wrong, it is not commonly agreed. Most scripts in my experience are more limiting and LESS effective than doing it manually. They are not fool proof and do nothing a person can't do themselves. As to whether it's cheating, Valve supports scripts. As to whether it's TG, if the admins feels it's unacceptable or gives an unfair advantage they will post it in the SoP's.
                      So no, it's not commonly agreed. (in fact so far [not counting myself], it's agreed that scripting is legit 3-2)

If you understand scripts, you understand how limited they really are.

To Hogan,
                      You needn't mention his attitude, he does have a point about PM'ing an admin, even if he is the one who turned it into a personal affair.

As to whether it's a cheat or an advantage I'd give it a resounding No. They are both totally innocuous and rather clever ideas, although I'd prefer to keep a tighter reign on my game myself. I don't see how they provide you with any unfair advantage.

Rookie420,
                      I'm gonna be nitpicking here (and a bit of a smart alleck) but does that mean using Leftmouse for jump and space for fire is cheating, cause those aren't default? ;D

This is the only part of the community to deal with scripting and in fact in some parts it's accepted if not encouraged.

Comment

Originally posted by Tinker View Post
                        To Schwa, he made this post to address the community and did not mention you at all until you brought yourself into the issue.
                        He vaugely mentioned me in the begining of the OP, and than specificly at the end.

Originally posted by Tinker
                        That's wrong, it is not commonly agreed.
                        I'm not sure what to say to this. Every gaming league I've come across has specificly outlawed any scripts that bind more than one command to one key. If this isn't common enough for you, I cannot think of a criteria that would satisfy your definition of "common."

-Aaron

Comment

pretty sure the toggled walking script is fine, didnt poe post something telling people how to actually create one? as for the bomb one i dont know if that'd be wrong or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Fearfull Dave View Post
                            pretty sure the toggled walking script is fine, didnt poe post something telling people how to actually create one? as for the bomb one i dont know if that'd be wrong or not.
                            Probably >.> I did that 'cause I had a craptastic shift key, and CS:S has to be one of the very few FPS games that does NOT offer a toggle mode for that. Though personally, I'm not a fan of the "automatically run when you press +fire." I'm generally against scripts like this (but not the one mentioned in my post) because they do give the advantage. While creative, it is a sense of exploitation (in my mind) and unlevels the playing field. To a muchmuch lesser extent, it's a "hack."

That's opinion, folks. The sides on this topic are both numerous.

note: it took my like six tries to spell 'mentioned' right for some godforsaken reason. I give up.

Comment

Wait a second.. so this makes you start running when you fire ?? wth good is that ?
                              Dizlor

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X