Team Stacking

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team Stacking

I finally had some time to play last night. Alot of regulars on, which was great but the team stacking was pretty bad. I played through 5 different maps, twice on the stacked team, then twice on the non stacked team, once when it was nice and even.

Maybe I'm just being a baby but it pretty muched sucked for the non stacked team and I was suprised so many people hung out on the non-stacked teams. They pretty much got wiped every match like 9 to 2 at best, totally getting dominated. How is that fun for anyone?

I know everyone has people they like on their team, I do the same thing and was guilty for the first 2 maps last night, but it made the maps pretty lame.

I'd just like to suggest that people take a look at the teams when they join and try not to stack so much, it's much more fun when the games run 8-9 rather than one team totally steam rolling the other.

You don't always have to be on Gogeta's team :)

Re: Team Stacking

I don't think it's so much about getting on the "better" team per se. I think it's about wanting to be on the team that communicates and works together. I, more often than not, am guilty of joining the stacked team for that reason alone. Sometimes we lose, sometimes we win. But I'd rather lose or win with a team that works together.

Some people have more patience with nubs than I do, like Fearfull Dave. I totally have mucho respect for him for that. But myself, it totally destroys the fun factor to be on a team with a bunch of players that aren't into teamplay or communication.

On the other side of the argument, I do see your point. It would be a lot more beneficial to nubs on our server to see some of us seasoned TG'ers spread out on both teams. Not only does this give us an opportunity to teach them our ways, we also set a good example of playstyle. A lot of my TG ettiquette I learned by observing other TG'ers.

Good topic Doorway. Can't wait to see more input.
    | | |

Comment

I can agree with that statement. Of course most of the time if you do have the team that communicates and works together added with a good plan usually do win. Not always, but the percentage is higher in their favor.

Personally, for the most part I hit auto assign as soon as I connect to the server and get whatever team I get. But once in a while when I have either had my butt handed to me or the team just over all is not pulling it out, come the next map I will look for some of the regulars that I work well with. Just because it feels better to win or die as a team and if you lost it was because the other team just had a bit better plan or communications.

I also know that sometimes it is better to play against a better person/team that way you can learn more and get better in order to overcome a GOGETA…LOL! But if it is constant and utter defeat because a lack of communications well that can get old. The new people will either learn the system or be ROOTed so to speak.

Definite props to the Fearful one to pull some of the new guys on the server together and get it done.
      age is higher in their favor.

Play MySpace games? PeepsDepot.com to get all the Peeps you need for any game!

Wii# 5935-7920-5346-8754 | PS3:TheeShadyB | XBOX 360:TheeShadyB

Comment

Originally posted by Atomic Dog View Post
        I don't think it's so much about getting on the "better" team per se. I think it's about wanting to be on the team that communicates and works together. I, more often than not, am guilty of joining the stacked team for that reason alone.
        Totally valid point and reasoning, and I do this quite often as well. Maybe if we spread the better players with better communication around between teams hopefully the guys who don't communicate as well can learn by being on a team with a couple of guys that do work well together.

My communication was non existent when I started out playing here and hopefully it's gotten better by playing with players who are better at it than I am.

Comment

If I dont hit auto select... I am guilty of chosing a team with players Im comfortable with... but 9 time out of 10 I usually just pick whichever side Im feeling like(T or CT)... like you said doorway.. Ill wait a few minutes before joining a team :P
          Dizlor

Comment

Originally posted by doorway 27 View Post
            My communication was non existent when I started out playing here and hopefully it's gotten better by playing with players who are better at it than I am.
            Definatly
            Dizlor

Comment

i know i was guilty on more then one of those maps but everytime i join the server i either press auto join or if teams are even i join defencive.. i dont look at whos on whos team but i think defencive team gets extra player or i auto asign.. but u had my number on park house and u kept killin me .. all untill i had to get off computer :( i missed 1/2 of parkhouse ..

Comment

Golden I am not trying to point the finger at anyone - I myself have been guilty many times of this - just trying to give people something to think about to make play more enjoyable for everyone on the server.

Comment

i wasnt saying u were i was just using me as an example by explaining how i join the server..

and i will check the teams next time i join.. or atleast ill put some thought in to the process

Comment

Personally i look at team stacking as a challenge. SO what if the other team has all the PCS members and my team is stuck with non-pcs, time to prove they arent all that. TG members are should be steping up and making your team the stacked on. As a TG member you know the rules and know how communitcate, half the time Im the only one talking on rounds like that, but atleast my mates know whats up. And ussually after a couple rounds they start talking.

Nothing more satisfying then beating all the PCS members.
                    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                    -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper[SNPR] View Post
                      time to prove they arent all that.
                      GL with that...:row__593: I would think you would want to prove that YOU are all that... not that we arent..
                      Dizlor

Comment

Me personally, I try to usually pick the team that is the “underdog”. I will purposely go against the grain on most maps and go with the less experienced player so I can a) keep an eye on them b) try and coach them to understanding TG.
                        As for a solution, I offer you setting the server to “force auto-join”. I am confident that most people would not like that option because it would simply take your choice away. So the only other solution is to either bring the weaker players skill up. By helping each of them, by you being the example to follow with your leadership skills. This will make it to the point where all the regulars are similar skills.
                        "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

I tend to join a map first before most other players arrive. I tend to just select the team I feel like playing on, not neccessarily the team with the better players or not.

My only grief about people wanting to be on the winning team are those who switch mid round. If you're going to be on a team, win or loss, stick with it and support us unless you get auto'd.

Not for the Glory. Not for the Honor. For the Team.

Comment

Originally posted by nulloperations View Post
                            My only grief about people wanting to be on the winning team are those who switch mid round. If you're going to be on a team, win or loss, stick with it and support us unless you get auto'd.
                            That has always been my mindset... Ill change if I am the ftd.. thats it usually.. I have always been one to stick with a team , win or slaughter, all the way till the end. I try to keep an eye out for people who quick change to the winning team, making the teams unbalanced, they usually get swapped back real fast :)
                            Dizlor

Comment

I virtually always choose 'CT', no matter the map or situation. I pretty much dislike being a 'T', period. There's probably no reason valid enough to explain why, but that's just me.

Oh, and your very welcome for this insightful (worthless) contribution to this thread.

:-)

For the latest on the , , and , visit the .

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X