CAP tags

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CAP tags

I've been around a while and I know alot of ya'll on here. We all know there is not a better server around when it comes to testing one's gaming AND tactical abilities.

I was wondering how the general community would feel about awarding Captain (CAP) tags to players who demonstrate an ability to effectively lead a team. I was thinking these tags could go to non pcs regulars as well.

And yes, "cough cough." But seriously though: I think the designation might help some of the newer players to listen.

PCS (in my mind) means you thoroughly understand and are involved in the TG community and its approach to gaming. The tag doesn't make you a leader though.

I think a CAP tag would be an excellent way to say "shut up and listen" (for lack of a better term).

CLARIFICATION: These tags are not intended to make anyone a "boss." They are there so players have good people to turn to for strategy. B/c seriously... every time someone says "whats the plan," the team always goes w/ the first player to come up w/ an idea - and the plans aren't always that bright.
    Josh -
    Some men will always be animals, while others ... they will be Men.

Re: CAP tags

All it takes to screw up a good plan is someone with lightning reflexes and cybernectic accuracy. ;)

Oh, and if someone's interfering with your ability to command the team during a Captain's Game, assert your command authority and ask them to put forth their plan in text. If they still insist on shouting out their plan and coercing your team members, simply ask an admin to handle the situation.

Comment

Captains games aren't a problem... its the noobs who were/are on a few min. ago that are difficult.
      Josh -

Comment

I don't know if a simple tag is going to effect the psyche of fragmonkey.

Comment

PCS people are already uber leet and everyone should listen to them. Why the addition of a CAP tag?

Comment

Josh, your idea has some merit, and is the subject of a discussion we've been having elsewhere. Your slight against visitors to our server, however, does nothing for the community.

Gilespie has made some very valid points too. I've seen plenty of admins in the command role, I've seen them resolve player issues without having to use any admin tools.

Downtime, I don't know if you called the PCSP's uber leet to ingratiate yourself with them, or for some other reason, but it's the sort of statement made by people who just don't get it. The PCSP's are nothing more than people who understand what TG is about, and exemplify it when they play on the PCS server.
            BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

If the (CAP) tag is just so people know where to turn for a plan, isn't that already a ribbon? "Skilled Squad Leader" or something.

Comment

Originally posted by HairyNevus View Post
                If the (CAP) tag is just so people know where to turn for a plan, isn't that already a ribbon? "Skilled Squad Leader" or something.
                If there is - thats perfect.
                Josh -

Comment

Originally posted by HairyNevus View Post
                  I think what Josh is looking for is something easily identify those people in game. Ribbons identify them on the forums.

But ultimately I don't think it would do much of anything to prevent the kiddies from going nutso.
                  | | |

Comment

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/tactica...ad-leader.html

Only 2 CS:S people have it it looks like (so you could nominate) but they could maybe add (DSL) to their name. Same idea as (CAP).

Comment

Originally posted by Atomic Dog View Post
                      I think what Josh is looking for is something easily identify those people in game. Ribbons identify them on the forums.
                      That's partly right. The other thing to bear in mind, is that the Distinguished Squad Leader ribbon is awarded for consistant achievement. Pretty much anyone can step up and try leading a team.
                      BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by JoshZeitlin View Post
                        Captains games aren't a problem... its the noobs who were/are on a few min. ago that are difficult.
                        There will always be the "noobs" to deal with, patience with them will turn them into regulars that follow the servers rules. I'm not sure if I agree with giving a tag to "non members" ie |TG| I wear that tag proudly anounceing to all that I follow the server rules and support the community standards.
                        I.R. Hogan |TG|

Discipline is the soul of an army.
                        It makes small numbers formidable
                        procures success to the weak
                        and esteem to all.

Comment

well there are alot of people w/ great leader skills. we shouldnt really have just one guy every map. i like that the bomber plans b/c it gives everyone a chance. i think during the map anyone who has a good idea wether they are or are not usually good at leading.

im not saying that the (CAP) tag is a bad thing. i think that the cap tags might be intimidating to new players who want to try to lead.

Comment

Originally posted by Golden View Post
                            well there are alot of people w/ great leader skills. we shouldnt really have just one guy every map. i like that the bomber plans b/c it gives everyone a chance. i think during the map anyone who has a good idea wether they are or are not usually good at leading.

im not saying that the (CAP) tag is a bad thing. i think that the cap tags might be intimidating to new players who want to try to lead.
                            I pretty much agree with this statement. It's nice to see new guys lead and plan. I don't care if the plans are bad or not as long as someone tries...I'd hate to see anyone not step up simply because someone is wearing a tag that marks them as a leader.
                            | | |

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X