To those unable to connect to Steam

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To those unable to connect to Steam

This is a wide spread issue directly related to the storms in the northwest. It won't be resolved until the winds have eased and power company can step in and do their job. Here's a link to the info on the steam forums:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...d.php?t=516341
    | | |

Re: To those unable to connect to Steam

Steam is down because there's a bit of wind and rain IRL? They sound awfully like the people who run the UK railways, who are rather fond of excuses such as "the wrong kind of leaves on the track".
    BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

It is not working for me and I live in Florida...this is really starting to suck.
      "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

yeah i live in indiana and its not workin here either and im gettin rather mad. because im on temporary layoff for the winter cuz im a landcaper and have nothien else to do in the winter. so now is the perfect time for me to get as much CS in as possible and cant because some butt plug "weather system"

Comment

Bastards!!! I need to kill people NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Don't forget I'm running a vanilla BF2 session tonight on the private server.
            BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

:( im at work.. i hope mine works when i get home..

Comment

The windstorm in Seattle is wicked right now according to TV reports. 3 or 4 people died yesterday from trees falling on them, and there was a video of a construction crane spinning circles 150 feet above the street, and another of an airliner wobbling all over the place in a crosswind trying to land. It had to abort and pull up. Looks vicious out there, and I don't doubt the power outage issue is valid.
                "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
                He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

Oddly enough our server has people playing on it right NOW! That makes me so crazy. I can't even connect to steam!
                  | | |

Comment

Yeah, i live in Indiana and mines not working!! I NEED HEADSHOTS!!!

See Ya all on when it works lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Evo<^|SiNz|^> View Post
                      The windstorm in Seattle is wicked right now according to TV reports. 3 or 4 people died yesterday from trees falling on them, and there was a video of a construction crane spinning circles 150 feet above the street, and another of an airliner wobbling all over the place in a crosswind trying to land. It had to abort and pull up. Looks vicious out there, and I don't doubt the power outage issue is valid.
                      Sounds nasty. I hope we don't have any members caught up in it.
                      BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Someone pointed out something to me earlier today that's also valid - Valve should have enough redundancy in its system where an outage in one location would not affect everyone.
                        "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
                        He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Evo<^|SiNz|^> View Post
                          Someone pointed out something to me earlier today that's also valid - Valve should have enough redundancy in its system where an outage in one location would not affect everyone.
                          Apparently, it's not affecting everyone. I saw about 7 people on the server today...so I know some people have access. Just not us!

It's pretty upsetting that a storm in Seattle disrupts most of us in the midwest. Ridiculous.
                          | | |

Comment

I can't even connect to the Steam forums from the link. But, it's been a while since Valve has done something really screwy, I think they were just due.

Comment

Hey, at least it gave me a reason to play FEAR again, since I had stopped playing after my computer had to be restored to factory defaults and my save was thus deleted.
                              - Drake_Anra

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X