Capt Matches and Rules

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capt Matches and Rules

Ive noticed that many of the players, I think on Sat night, join in on a game of Capt matches. Ive seen that its also very specific on who gets to play and who goes on what team. How does this work? and is there anyway for me to join in whilst a match is going on or before the match starts? because im really interested in this kind of play, not the fact of me being a Capt, but following orders and playing in a more orderly, none the less, extremely intense kind of match. Basically, how does this work?

Re: Capt Matches and Rules

Captains games just happen. Some one posts in chat they wanna do a capt game, so we pick captains and we go at it. Teams are just picked at what ever the capts want. They alternate back and forth until all players are selected. Its really some fun games, probably the best.

Its not all that specific on who plays its just who ever is there plays. They are ussually called when alot of TG and PCS players are on so that the game are at there best.
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

Yep it's like when kids get together for a makeshift football or baseball game...

Names are shouted and volunteered as captains. Then a coin is flipped the winner gets to pick first and then choices are alternated back and forth till all players are chosen. The other captain decides whether he wants to start out as a T or CT on whichever map we are playing.

4 Rounds each as a Terrorist and then everyone swaps sides and 4 rounds as a CT. Gives each team a chance to defend or penetrate whichever objective we are working at the time.

If you see a lot of normal players on feel free to mention you want a captain’s match. Usually there is an admin on during the captain’s game to reset the server to whatever map is chosen. All in all captain’s matches are fun.

Play MySpace games? PeepsDepot.com to get all the Peeps you need for any game!

Wii# 5935-7920-5346-8754 | PS3:TheeShadyB | XBOX 360:TheeShadyB

Comment

Ooooh, alrite, thanks for the info

Comment

If you join the server, find a captains game is in progress, and both teams have even numbers, please go spec and ask which team you're to join.
          BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

To help in identifying that there is a captains match in progress, can we get the captians of the teams to change their name to "CAPTAIN <name or team>"?
            ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
            No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

good idea. I think that would really help.
              that sounds like a good idea trooper.
              -Vulcan

Comment

That suggestion is being discussed elsewhere. As soon as we know the outcome, you'll know.
                BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

A note on Captian's matches, I believe you have to have 2 admins on, one for each team.

Also I noticed last Captains match I was in a few people kept trying to take over and make the plan before the Captain even had a chance to speak - a big no no in my book.

Comment

Originally posted by doorway 27 View Post
                    A note on Captian's matches, I believe you have to have 2 admins on, one for each team.

Also I noticed last Captains match I was in a few people kept trying to take over and make the plan before the Captain even had a chance to speak - a big no no in my book.

I couldnt agree more.Rarely do I feel comfortable running a cpt. match with the people on the server. unless of ocourse they are all tru regs.. I like to put |PCS CAP| last time i was a captain... i think ive only been cpt once.. maybe twice... anyways, changing the server name to captains match might he beneficial as well :P
                    Dizlor

Comment

Thats a splendid idea. Maybe we can make it a weekly thing :P that owuld be fun lol....

Comment

That actually sounds like a really really good idea. I know Im new here but it would be an awesome idea if during the week, we could have people sign up, have admins confirm who goes in or stays out and on a Sat night we have a capt's match with specified teams. how bout it?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X