sv_turbophysics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sv_turbophysics

So I was poking around on the steampowered forums about...something.... and in some thread or another I learned that the physics objects in CSS can be switched to preform like they do in HL2- as opposed to bouncing around madly when you touched a bucket or tried to jump on a table, the bucket would roll away and the table would act like a table- and you could even push it around as you wished.

Forgive me if this has been brought up before, I searched for related threads and found nothing, but is there any chance of running with this on the server?

Re: sv_turbophysics

I'll trial this. Thanks for pointing it out. :icon14:
    BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

I would love to have this. Anything more realistic would do better for our style of play. Is it activated already?

Comment

Originally posted by Root View Post
        I'll trial this. Thanks for pointing it out. :icon14:
        W00t.

Originally posted by HairyNevus View Post
        I would love to have this. Anything more realistic would do better for our style of play. Is it activated already?
        Not yet.

I read that it's defaulted to off to help performance and whatnot, but seeing as how we're not running a 64 man server or anything, I think it'll work fine.

Comment

Woah woah slow down...

The reason this is turned off by default is because of the enourmous amount of server load required to track all the physics objects. The result will be more lag for all users.

-Aaron

Comment

Originally posted by Schwa
            Woah woah slow down...
            Originally posted by Root View Post
            I'll trial this
            Thats about as slow as it gets schwa :icon_lol:
            Dizlor

Comment

http://www.videosai.com/486667/CS:So...n-Video-2.html

That's a video of sv_turbophysics 1. I guess this would cause more lag but I found that this is on by default in DoD:S. If it's possible for those servers to run it we should give it a shot.

Is the CS:S server on its own machine? That might be a big factor.

Comment

Originally posted by HairyNevus View Post
                Is the CS:S server on its own machine? That might be a big factor.
                No, we share with Dystopia and CoD2. BUT. When we had a dedicated box, I could lag the server just by connecting with VNC. The box we're on now is a major powerhouse, which can handle all 3 games running with busy servers, and no effect on the players when I VNC to the box. Based on that (and the fact that Dys / CoD2 aren't used to maximum capacity), it's certainly something we can try.
                BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Dystopia's pretty dead as far as I know (most of the time), but I wouldn't know about CoD2, but the possibilities seem awesome, especially for the blockade brigade on office :P No more wasting nades to shove over a filing cabinet, and no more whining about bouncing off said filing cabinets for the CT's :P

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X