Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pubmasters

I just felt like posting this!

This is a video of my favorite clan ever. The first time I watched this video I was amazed, and even after re-watching it several times, I STILL am amazed. Anyways, just wanted to let you all see this. Its a video of 1.6 counter-strike source. You can download full quality at gotfrag.com or just watch it on youtube. After you watch it, you'll never think of CS the same way again =P naw naw jk. Enjoy!!

youtube.com/watch?v=dqkYmVWdxVE&mode=related&search=

-edit-

Add a http thingy before it. It said I cant post any URLs until I've made 15 posts and lookey there, 14. =P

-edit-

Intro of Pubmasters 2: youtube.com/watch?v=oU88v7C4xSQ
    Intermission of Pubmasters 2: youtube.com/watch?v=GKCc0bM3dpw&NR

-edit-

Better quality imo:
    Part 1: youtube.com/watch?v=K1azq2yDqao&mode=related&search=
    Part 2: youtube.com/watch?v=G3uqWMEip5g&mode=related&search=

-edit-

There is also a second pubmasters movie on gotfrag.com The URL that is below is the first movie!
    Last edited by RemixFortunate; 12-30-2006, 05:10 PM.

Re: Pubmasters

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqkYm...elated&search=

Edit: Lol, looks like I was the 10,000th viewer :D

Comment

Honestly, I saw nothing that impressed me. Alot of game engine exploits and some either lucky timing with grenades or more likly planned grenade setups. Their only merit is that they can memorize virtual movements compairable to simple ballet.

Not for the Glory. Not for the Honor. For the Team.

Comment

I've seen that before. Not impressive at all unless of course exploits and hacks impress you. I give the following article in response to these types of players.

Originally posted on Adrenaline Gamer by Sandman

Are you a Lamer?
        For: Adrenaline Gamer
        Writen By: -[[email protected]@N]-
        comments [2272]

What is meant by Lamer
        The term lamer started off in the USA and has now become one of the many terms used in online gaming. In fact the term 'lamer' has been reported to have been used at least once in every gaming server on the web. When some one calls you a lamer he/she is complaining about the way you are playing. By calling you a lamer they are trying to let you know that they think you have hit rock bottom of bad playing just to win.

What is considered Lame?
        It is hard to say what is lame & what isn't after all as long as you don't cheat everything else is fair but some things are close on the edge and are considered 'lame'.

In Half-Life the following things I would consider lame and I've rated each one out of a maximum 10 points for what you could call 'lamage' to give you an idea of much you lame just total up the points.

Auto zoom quick kill bow scripts/aliases
        This is the script that allows players to fire a zoomed bolt from a crossbow without needing to zoom manually
        Lame factor 8/10
        Not Guilty
        It not only takes out all the skill of aiming but also basically sticks 2 fingers up to those who do play by the book & do it manually.

A3D Sound
        This is the best 2 speaker/headphone 3D sound you can get and in games like Half-Life players using it can hear further and location other players easier.
        Lame factor 2/10
        Not Guilty
        Although it can be an unfair advantage to those without it A3D is still useless in the wrong hands. You need skill to use to the full advantage but again it does change the tables of fair gaming.

Backwards-Long Jump script
        This is the script that allows players to backwards long jump a move impossible to do without the use of aliases.
        Lame factor 7/10
        Not Guilty
        As it would be impossible to pull out without the use of aliases this move shouldn't be used, as it is an unfair advantage.

Disabling Smoke & flash Explosions
        This is where players change the net setting in HL to turn off smoke so that all explosions flash quick & the player's aim isn't effected by smoke blocking his/her line of vision.
        Lame factor 7/10
        Not Guilty
        The use of this setting can never be see by the other player yet it does offer an advantage and removes an element of skill from the game therefore it is lame, I mean whatever next plain texture on walls!

Respawn Mines
        This is where players place trip mines right on a respawn point so that when the other player respawns he/she dies & a point is given to the player who placed it.
        Lame factor 10/10
        Not Guilty
        The biggest lame thing you can do is respawn mine. Easy kills for what? Why even play!

Unfair Camping
        This is where a player my hide in the same place for most of the game normally where other players can't get to him/her without falling victim to their camper trap.
        Lame factor 4/10
        Not Guilty
        Camping is one thing but to camp a whole map or remain in a place where no one can get to you and yet you can continue fragging players is lame.

Wall Gaussing / Nuking
        This is where a player using the 'Gauss gun' (rail gun) nukes players by shooting at corners, ceiling beams or floor areas.
        Lame factor 1/10
        Oops Guilty
        Those who nuke general places like on snarkpit up the pit hole to pick up lucky kills or to kill an escaping player who ran around a corner. Other words justified nuking.
        Lame factor 5/10
        I try not to but sometimes Oops Guilty
        Those who nuke when a direct shot was available to the player. For example nuking a player by hitting a ceiling beam or wall corner when you had the shot of a direct hit but you decided to take the easy option and Lame!!

Gluon Use
        This is where a player runs around with nothing else but the gluon weapon & lames every other player.
        Lame factor 8/10
        Not Guilty
        Takes out all the fun for others & not only that removes the skill needed to kill others, easy kills for a lamer.

Spammers
        This is where a player will use the 9mmAR grenades to destroy their competition.
        Lame factor 1/10
        Now it's all part of the game don't get me wrong but those who use 3 or 4 spam grenades in a row on a single player is just lame or those who resort to spams to get the win.

Trip mine nuking
        This is where a player places a trip mine in a place where a single shot at the trip will nuke/kill every thing in the area.
        Lame factor 3/10
        Not Guilty
        In clan matches or public servers it's not so bad but there is a new lame tactic in AG arena & LTS where by hiding in the secret room on boot_camp you can trip the ladder & then shoot to nuke whole area & no one can get to you if wallgauss is off... major lame!

Gauss Jump/Skim Scripts
        The script that performs & gauss jump or skim with a single key.
        Lame factor 2/10
        Not Guilty
        It will never beat a pro-HL player performing manual gauss jumps but this script can be an advantage over weaker players and does remove all skill require in pulling out such a move so therefore it carries a lame rating.

Gauss Zoom Script
        This is the script that allows a player to zoom in using the gauss weapon, impossible to do in the standard Half-Life therefore it's lame.
        Lame factor 4/10
        Not Guilty
        Unfair advantage and again sticks 2 fingers up at those players who play without such scripts.

Long Jump Script
        One of the most widely used scripts yet none the less it does carry an element of lame-ness with it.
        Lame factor 2/10
        Oops Guilty +2
        Takes out the skill required to do it the manual way and hands up I use it and all I can say is respect to players who use manual LJ you are a better player than me.

Hi-vis Models/Skins
        This is where a player replaces his/her default models with high vis models for easier aiming & for spotting other players quicker in matches.
        Lame factor 2/10
        Not Guilty
        Again this does have a clear advantage and although any one can do the same it does completely go against the whole style of the game not to mention removes some visual skills from players using it over those who don't.

Arena Head Start
        This is where in AG arena a player takes a shot at the other player before he/she reaches the fighting zone.
        Lame factor 3/10
        Not Guilty
        Some players will gauss nuke a point just as the other player enters the fighting zone taking off a good chunk of health before they even start to fight.

Retry
        This is where a player can't take seeing his/her score and then leaves server & rejoins seconds later without any good reason why.
        Lame factor 1/10
        Not Guilty
        Doesn't really effect other players but why do it unless you just can't accept defeat!

Leaving Your Team Mates
        Leaving in a middle of a clan match because you are having a bad game leaving you team mates to play on with a man down.
        Lame factor 1/10
        Not Guilty
        Again players drop due to connection problem or having to go out on short notice are just one of those things but those who leave half way through a match because of their score results is lame not for the other team but for your team.

So how do you rate on the Lamer scale?
        Every one lames from time to time just are you a big time lamer or not? If your total score is:

0 - You are lying through your teeth or do not play at the same level of pro-HL players.
        1 - 5 - You maybe over looking some thing or you are a true fair player
        6 - 10 - You are an average class player who lames a little but on the whole play fair and would rather take a risk to improve you skill.
        11- 15 - You lame a little more than maybe you should really.
        16- 20 - You lame no doubt about it try to cut out some of the things listed above to reduce you lame rate.
        20 or higher - God help us sorry to say it but you are a true lamer!
        I.R. Hogan |TG|

Discipline is the soul of an army.
        It makes small numbers formidable
        procures success to the weak
        and esteem to all.

Comment

I give this topic and its poster a 1 out of 10. I laughed for about 5 seconds...

HardCa$h

Comment

My personal favorite - I always giggle at this one:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...51453430573504
            |TG-33rd|Calvin

Comment

I had trouble reading that which Hogan posted. Instead of telling us an incorrect definition of lamer (in relation to online gaming), the author should return to kindergarten and attempt to master the basics of the English language.

RemixFortunate, what is your relationship / business interest (if any) to the Pubmasters website?
              BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by calvin View Post
                My personal favorite - I always giggle at this one:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...51453430573504
                okay now that's fun because it just makes fun of all the proffesional stuff with the game exploits. They really really exploit there. I'd be irked about it at first, but it wouldn't bother me too much and would be worth a good laugh. Sometimes you need to have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by I.R. Hogan View Post

Originally posted on Adrenaline Gamer by Sandman

A3D Sound
                  This is the best 2 speaker/headphone 3D sound you can get and in games like Half-Life players using it can hear further and location other players easier.
                  Lame factor 2/10
                  Not Guilty
                  Although it can be an unfair advantage to those without it A3D is still useless in the wrong hands. You need skill to use to the full advantage but again it does change the tables of fair gaming.

Unfair Camping
                  This is where a player my hide in the same place for most of the game normally where other players can't get to him/her without falling victim to their camper trap.
                  Lame factor 4/10
                  Not Guilty
                  Camping is one thing but to camp a whole map or remain in a place where no one can get to you and yet you can continue fragging players is lame.

Wall Gaussing / Nuking
                  This is where a player using the 'Gauss gun' (rail gun) nukes players by shooting at corners, ceiling beams or floor areas.
                  Lame factor 1/10
                  Oops Guilty
                  Those who nuke general places like on snarkpit up the pit hole to pick up lucky kills or to kill an escaping player who ran around a corner. Other words justified nuking.
                  Lame factor 5/10
                  Those who nuke when a direct shot was available to the player. For example nuking a player by hitting a ceiling beam or wall corner when you had the shot of a direct hit but you decided to take the easy option and Lame!!

Gluon Use
                  This is where a player runs around with nothing else but the gluon weapon & lames every other player.
                  Lame factor 8/10
                  Not Guilty
                  Takes out all the fun for others & not only that removes the skill needed to kill others, easy kills for a lamer.

Spammers
                  This is where a player will use the 9mmAR grenades to destroy their competition.
                  Lame factor 1/10
                  Now it's all part of the game don't get me wrong but those who use 3 or 4 spam grenades in a row on a single player is just lame or those who resort to spams to get the win.

Trip mine nuking
                  This is where a player places a trip mine in a place where a single shot at the trip will nuke/kill every thing in the area.
                  Lame factor 3/10
                  Not Guilty
                  In clan matches or public servers it's not so bad but there is a new lame tactic in AG arena & LTS where by hiding in the secret room on boot_camp you can trip the ladder & then shoot to nuke whole area & no one can get to you if wallgauss is off... major lame!

Some of that list was reasonable but these complaints simply sounds like whining.

Calvin- That video was made of awesome.

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by nulloperations View Post
                    Sometimes you need to have fun.
                    The Best part is where the Apaches rolled in on the CT's:)
                    "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

Originally posted by HardCa$h View Post
                      I give this topic and its poster a 1 out of 10. I laughed for about 5 seconds...
                      I find how they play amusement. I am in no way associated with Pubmasters. If I made it look like im trying to advertise them or something, I'm not. Sorry ^^'

Comment

ROFLMAO @ "unfair" camping. You're on-mission, or you're off-mission. If being on-mission includes having a damn good perch from which you can pick off anyone who comes near you, then it's time to learn how to use smoke, flash, teamwork and comms.
                        BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by Root View Post
                          ROFLMAO @ "unfair" camping. You're on-mission, or you're off-mission. If being on-mission includes having a damn good perch from which you can pick off anyone who comes near you, then it's time to learn how to use smoke, flash, teamwork and comms.
                          This is also in the context of a full-on deathmatch game btw :P

Comment

Originally posted by Priest View Post
                            This is also in the context of a full-on deathmatch game btw :P
                            Yeah Preist, but then killing the other team is the mission then, and a secure camping location that allows to fufill this objective is still on mission.

Comment

Originally posted by nulloperations View Post
                              Yeah Preist, but then killing the other team is the mission then, and a secure camping location that allows to fufill this objective is still on mission.
                              Interesting way to look at it o.0

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X