X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cutting edge technology for CSS

Closing your eyes.

I found a GG server that has a reminder to bind a key to +eyes-
    When you hold this button, your vision goes black as if you were closing your eyes, rendering you immune to being flashed.

There are soooo many things in Counter-Strike that don't make sense in real life, one of them being the inability to do anything about being flashed, even if you see the thing land right in front of you. The best you can do is turn completely away and STILL be partially blinded. Why not hide your eyes instead?

Now, the name of the mod I'm not sure of, as the particular group that was playing when I was wasn't entirely helpful, and google wasn't very fruitful, but here's the IP of the server that was running the mod:

70.86.129.212:27015

Curious seeing as how it's a Gun Game server and there's no flashes in GG, but either way, I think it should be evaluated for usage here.

Now I just have to wait for diving for cover to replace crackjumping, purchasing weapon modificationss such as laser sights and scopes with that extra 16000 laying around as opposed to buying a SAW and NVG, and for Valve to bring back the shield (no breath is being held).

Re: Cutting edge technology for CSS

I would like to see the use of prone position in css
    PSN= Lethal_420

Comment

Actually I have played on several Gun Game servers that use the smoke and flash grenades on the grenade level in order to help the player get the elusive grenade kill in order to advance to the final level of knife.
      Although prepared for martyrdom, I preferred that it be postponed.
      Sir Winston Churchill
      British politician (1874 - 1965)

Comment

Originally posted by Rookie420 View Post
        That too.

Originally posted by Whitetiger
        Actually I have played on several Gun Game servers that use the smoke and flash grenades on the grenade level in order to help the player get the elusive grenade kill in order to advance to the final level of knife.
        I haven't found those yet, sounds like fun :)

Comment

Originally posted by Whitetiger View Post
          Very much so. I toss one over an obstacle, then hide behind it as it goes POP, then proceed to toss the frag at an unsuspecting victim. Obviously, with the hopes that the guy is already hurt.

On a side note: I have the inate ability to attract a grenade to land at my feet whilst I am stuck against someone or something. :row__735:
          Focused

Comment

Originally posted by Rookie420 View Post
            yeah...im a huge fan of that one

Comment

How about iron sights and a non-static aiming system? I know that the SMOD Tactical did that.

Comment

Oh, I get it. This is a mod. I spent 5 minutes in-game trying to get this to work. :o

Most people I talked to in-game said they thought this was totally unrealistic as flashbangs burn bright enough to blind through eyelids. I guess I'd have to agree. But, if we find a mod to replace the flashbang sound ("poof...") with some thing like, I dunno...*BANG* I'd consider implementing that. 'Cause in reality, if the flashbang deafens you, people 2 rooms away should be able to hear it, no?

EDIT: If anyone's interested in that, I have a .wav of the flashbang sound from SWAT 4...
                Last edited by HairyNevus; 01-01-2007, 08:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Priest View Post
                  Closing your eyes.

I found a GG server that has a reminder to bind a key to +eyes-
                  When you hold this button, your vision goes black as if you were closing your eyes, rendering you immune to being flashed.

There are soooo many things in Counter-Strike that don't make sense in real life, one of them being the inability to do anything about being flashed, even if you see the thing land right in front of you. The best you can do is turn completely away and STILL be partially blinded. Why not hide your eyes instead?
                  Well in real life closing your eyes will not help you with a real flash/bang, the real flash grenade not only emits a blinding light and smoke it is also very loud for disorienting the subject. I give you the following Nomenclature:

Grenade, hand, non-lethal (stun) M84
                  NSN: 1330-01-459-8141
                  DODIC: GG09
                  Fuse: M201A1 with a delay time of 1.0 to 2.3 seconds.
                  Payload: Pyrotechnic metal-oxidant mix of Magnesium & Ammonium
                  Packaging: 3 Grenades per M19A1 metal container; 4 M19A1's per wire bound box.
                  Hazard Classification: 1.4G
                  Weights: Grenade 0/a 13.2 ounces payload charge: 4.5 grams
                  Diameter: 1.73 inches
                  Length: 5.25 inches

The XM84 Stun Grenade is a non-fragmentation, non-lethal "Flash And Bang" stun grenade that is intended to provide a reliable, effective non-lethal means of neutralizing & disorienting enemy personnel.

The M84 non-lethal stun grenade is a non-lethal, low hazard, non-shrapnel producing explosive device intended to confuse, disorient or momentarily distract potential threat personnel. The device produces a temporary incapacitation to threat personnel or innocent by standers. This device will be used by military personnel in hostage rescue situations and in the capture of criminals, terrorists or other adversaries. It provides commanders a non-lethal capability to increase the flexibility in the application of force during military operations.

Detonating the M84 Stun Grenade in the presence of natural gas, gasoline, or other highly flammable fumes or materials may cause a serious secondary explosion or fire, resulting in death, or severe injury to friendly forces or unintended victims, as well as serious property damage. The operator must wear proper hearing protection when employing the M84. Injury to personnel could result if the grenade functions prior to being deployed.

The M84 contains a minimal amount of explosives and, when initiated, produces illumination through oxidation (burning) of the components of the charge. Some non-toxic smoke is produced in minimal amounts. In the event the grenade functions prematurely or bounces back when tossed, the user could feel the effects of the grenade. Approved eye protection should be worn when employing the M84 to preclude possible damage to the eyes. The grenade when initiated produces an intense ?bang?. The noise levels will be above 170 decibels within 5 feet of initiation. The user must wear approved single hearing protection when employing the grenade in the event of a premature functioning or bounce back when tossed. Activation of the M84 should not ignite paper or cloth. However, other hazards such as volatile fumes in the space where the grenade will detonate should be considered prior to tossing it into a closed structure.

The US Army Military Police Corps is involved in missions that require the use of a stun hand grenade (diversionary device) to confuse, disorient, or momentarily distract a potential threat. The device will be used to apply the minimum force necessary by tactical and non-tactical forces while performing missions of hostage rescue and capture of criminals, terrorists and other adversaries. The congressionally mandated Soldier Enhancement Program (SEP), of which one purpose is to enhance the survivability items used by the US Army soldier, is the initiative to provide this increased level of protection.
                  I.R. Hogan |TG|

Discipline is the soul of an army.
                  It makes small numbers formidable
                  procures success to the weak
                  and esteem to all.

Comment

Agree, in reality even if you close your eyes the Flashbang would still blind you....Also in reality you would not recover your hearing as fast as you do in game...

I would love the jump for cover or prone position feature added though....

Play MySpace games? PeepsDepot.com to get all the Peeps you need for any game!

Wii# 5935-7920-5346-8754 | PS3:TheeShadyB | XBOX 360:TheeShadyB

Comment

Tottaly agree with the flashbangs being fine the way they are, the only nade that could take a change for realism, would be the Frag nade. Not many people survive a nade that explode at their feet, or waist. But I do know that it would make CSS a bit boring, with everyone throwing for nade kills once they know all the routes in the map and nade spam kill. That doesn't mean that a nade a few feet in front of you would kill you, but it should at least slow how fast you can move to reflect the damage it has given you.
                      Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

Comment

There is some mod for Day of Defeat Source that, if a player is hit in the arm, will cause them to drop their gun. Since we're on the topic of cutting edge CSS technology.

Comment

I agree, the flash bang should be exactly that: A flash and bang. However, the eyelids thing I think is a little unrealistic. If anything we should first find a dive + prone mod, if such a thing exists. It would be like jump ducking except you are forced to go prone, making you nearly in-mobile.

Comment

Originally posted by whistler's mother View Post
                            There is some mod for Day of Defeat Source that, if a player is hit in the arm, will cause them to drop their gun. Since we're on the topic of cutting edge CSS technology.
                            Does this mean that they are completley defensless? Is there any way to gain back the ability to wield a weapon, or might you be reduced to a one handed weapon like a knife?

Comment

About the grenades, the throwing time should be a bit slower. It could at least deter some spamming.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X