Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Inferno Map

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Inferno Map

    Hey, just acouple of minutes ago i was playing on Inferno (TG server). I led a team through long hall A to the passage way that goes a little underground to appartments middle. While doing this i killed many t's and went back to B. I informed my team that i was doing this. Is this alowed?? Please tell me.

  • #2
    Re: Inferno Map

    Sounds like kill hunting.

    The "everything is ok as long as you are communicating it" is a bit mis-leading. You can't outright break rules just because you let your team know you're doing it...

    Moving up the long A hall on Inferno is a grey area. You better have an incredibly good reason to do so.

    -Aaron

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Inferno Map

      It was the start of a round, we hadn't engaged anywhere yet, him and 3 others moved up that tunnle took out a fair bit of the team. They didn't know for sure we were there, we weren't pinned down, and bomb wasn't down. It was kill hunting.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Inferno Map

        as a CT...I guard Bombsite A and Bombsite B. If bombsite B is getting over run...I go there. If bombsite A is getting over run, I go there. By the quickest. Means. Available. Period. Now if my buddies at B tell me theres a sniper in the middle pickin them off...am I opposed to throwin a grenade down there..nope. Hell, ill even run by and try and pick them off...then go back to guarding A. Kill hunting? eh...i doubt it...just tryin to help my buddies out who are guarding a choke point to their respective bombsite. That being said...I cant see too many reasons for going underneathe that little area (which is like...the biggest death trap in the world) to catch a few Ts with their pants down...

        Unless someone calls bombdown..etc etc, you know the caveats...

        it seemed to me that CTs were everywhere when we were playing. I was the only one left alive...with the bomb...and there were CTs more than half way down the far right side (from the T perspective). No where NEAR B... Now bomb WAS down...so maybe someone called it...but i picked it up right away...so ya never know... meh...just my thoughts...but like i said, I was a Terrorist during the particular game youre talking about.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Inferno Map

          And when these CTs were everywhere, they were using SniperBob did it as an excuse, which is another reason to be cautious. However, them being everywhere made it easy for us to win later rounds, once we realised that fact.
          - Drake_Anra

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Inferno Map

            Umm the A hallway can be sufficiently guarded by being by the car and sandbags, the B hallways can be guarded form the top middle and the apts window. all sufficiently guarding the bomb sites while being close enough to them, there is no reason to be in the middle. I have played on Inferno and won as a ct 9-0 by not going beyond those areas. You don't need to do it, the only reason to go there was to ambush to get kills, not defend the site. If you had the T's pinned down in the right hallway and could CONFIRM that the bomb was there you could possibly get away with flanking them because the bomb is there and that is your objective to not let that get planted. But that is an extreme case, this was not the case there was no one pinning us down it was just to get some kills.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Inferno Map

              I'd only see a problem with this if you left bombsite A or B completely undefended in order to do this. Taking 3 guys with you says to me that one site or the other was lacking sufficient defense. In that, this says kill hunting to me. Otherwise, when done properly, it's a tactic quite commonly employed on that map.
              | | |

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Inferno Map

                It left A completely and utterly undefended as I remember it, but it was a few days ago (or was it only 1?), so I'm not sure.
                - Drake_Anra

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Inferno Map

                  Originally posted by Atomic Dog View Post
                  I'd only see a problem with this if you left bombsite A or B completely undefended in order to do this. Taking 3 guys with you says to me that one site or the other was lacking sufficient defense. In that, this says kill hunting to me. Otherwise, when done properly, it's a tactic quite commonly employed on that map.
                  We did leave 1 guy at A but we knew that they were going B, that is why we went around to B but a faster way.... I've seen many people do that and not get kicked. But i dont think it was kill hunting when all i was trying to do was lead a group of cts to B but happend to see acouple of ts with their pants off XD and shot them.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Inferno Map

                    Originally posted by Greflin View Post
                    It was the start of a round, we hadn't engaged anywhere yet, him and 3 others moved up that tunnle took out a fair bit of the team. They didn't know for sure we were there, we weren't pinned down, and bomb wasn't down. It was kill hunting.
                    VS.

                    Originally posted by Sniper Bob View Post
                    We did leave 1 guy at A but we knew that they were going B, that is why we went around to B but a faster way.... I've seen many people do that and not get kicked. But i dont think it was kill hunting when all i was trying to do was lead a group of cts to B but happend to see acouple of ts with their pants off XD and shot them.
                    If what Greflin says is true, then I don't see why a 4 man team was neccessary. And let's be honest, the quickest route from A to B on inferno is through CT spawn as a CT. You don't lead 3 other guys down the alley way from A and just "happen" upon some T's. You take that route to engage the enemy. Even to outflank them. And you're right, many people do do this...even I do this. But I never compromise a bombsite by leaving it completely undefended to do so UNLESS the bomb has been planted, spotted, or been called down at B. And ultimately, unless the bomb is down or planted I still ensure there's a little back up at A.
                    | | |

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Inferno Map

                      Moderators : Please see forum moderators post in the admin forum.
                      BFCL TF2 league admin

                      Comment

                      Connect

                      Collapse

                      TeamSpeak 3 Server

                      Collapse

                      Advertisement

                      Collapse

                      Twitter Feed

                      Collapse

                      Working...
                      X