This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Counter-Strike Realism Mod

While scouring the Steampowered forums for info on a sprinting mod (still awaiting feedback there on that) I stumbled across this:

http://www.fileplanet.com/172356/170000/fileinfo/some-guy's-CS:S-Realism-v1.1-mod

Here are the specifics from that forum post:

***Revision History***
    [Version 1.1]
    -Increased damage of all pistols and SMGs

[Version 1.0]
    *Rates of Fire
    -Changed AUG rate of fire from 727rpm to 652rpm
    -Changed G3/SG-1 ROF from 240rpm to 600rpm
    -Changed Galil ROF from 685rpm to 650rpm
    -Changed MAC-10 ROF from 857rpm to 1000rpm
    -Changed SG550 ROF from 240rpm to 725rpm
    -Changed SG552 ROF from 727rpm to 720rpm (ooh boy!)
    -Changed TMP ROF from 857rpm to 909rpm

*Movement Speeds (mostly slight changes)
    -Reduced speeds with all snipers (Scout was faster than knife!)
    -Reduced speeds with MP5 and UMP (were equal to knife)
    -Reduced speed with M249 and SG552
    -Increased speed with knife (was the same as all pistols, TMP, MAC, and MP5)
    -Increased speed with M3 (pump shotgun) and FAMAS

*Damages
    -Reduced damage of SG550 to more around the new range of 5.56mm
    -Reduced armor penetration of .45 and 5.7mm
    -Reduced damage of AWP
    -Reduced armor penetration and damage of the Desert Eagle
    -Increased damage of all other calibers
    -Increased damage of M4 (autoshotgun) slightly
    -Increased armor penetration of all 5.56 weapons to match M249
    -Increased armor penetration of all 7.62 rounds except AK-47 (which doesn't use 7.62mm NATO)
    -Increased armor penetration of most 9MM weapons
    -Significantly reduced armor penetration of shotguns

*Misc
    -Changed P228 to 9mm ammo (still says .357 on HUD, but it IS 9mm)
    -Changed AUG ammo to 5.56mm (no idea about HUD, never noticed it was 7.62 before)
    -Reduced range of shotguns

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...d.php?t=522204

Thoughts?

Re: Counter-Strike Realism Mod

Wow, I'm surprised some guns allowed you to move as fast as the knife, that's just plain wacko. This could really make the game have alot more emphasis on teamwork. I for one would love to try it out. Also I think it's time SMGs got a lot more credit in the game as they seem not able to get enough in Source as it is :)

-Sirusblk

Comment

Originally posted by Sirusblk View Post
      Wow, I'm surprised some guns allowed you to move as fast as the knife, that's just plain wacko. This could really make the game have alot more emphasis on teamwork. I for one would love to try it out. Also I think it's time SMGs got a lot more credit in the game as they seem not able to get enough in Source as it is :)

-Sirusblk
      The dude was a tiny bit off with what he said about the speeds- someone on TG did a scientific test a while back that revealed that you do run *slightly* faster with a knife than a pistol, but the difference was barely noticeable. The scout however, does let you run faster than the knife.

As for the SMG upgrades, the MAC-10 might actually become usable for me because of the sheer number of rounds you could put out. (From what I understand, the actual RPM of the gun is actually 1200 rpm :madsmile: )

Comment

Priest - nice find. I'm going to give serious thought to putting this on the server. +rep for effort.
        BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by Root View Post
          Priest - nice find. I'm going to give serious thought to putting this on the server. +rep for effort.
          Thanks, found it by accident, thought I struck gold.

Comment

I'd love to give it a try personally. Alas it forces me to boot up my PC ...yuck :P

-Sirusblk

Comment

This looks awesome. No real game-changing modifications (like Warcraft, DM mods etc.) but just more realistically balanced environment for PCS to take place in. If nothing else, Root, you should have a little "event night" to use this. The only part that concerns me is...that the CT auto snipe now fires faster then the T "Kreig" SG552. Then again, continuing the auto snipe ban is acceptable. I'd like to know how much the AWP damage got reduced, though. It might could be within the acceptable range.

Comment

Notes on Realism Mod:

I went ahead and installed this for my listen server and played with bots, here's what I found:

Armor is very important, thank your lucky stars it doesn't cost 4K. It is also stripped faster so you'll find your self having to re-buy it for the first time.

.45 caliber is very lethal. I don't know if it was just the bots but the Mac-10 seems more capable of headshots so the combination is just plain deadly. The USP is now an amazing CQC weapon, and the UMP is finally useful.

The MP5 kills much faster. Now the best all-around SMG.

Shotguns are no longer a solo man's weapon. They are purely a squad-assisting CQC gun. Expect Dave' hacks to be broken.

The AWP is feasible for the TG server. That is, if we can still implement the 1 sniper-per-team rule. Still more damage than the scout.

The auto snipers will need to be banned. Way too overpowered.

Overall I think this mod makes CS:S more on par with SWAT 4 and Rainbow 6-type tactical shooters. That mean firefights decide a victor faster and extreme caution needs to be used on when and how to engage the enemy.

Comment

Re: Notes on Realism Mod:

Originally posted by HairyNevus View Post
                  His review
                  Sounds cool Nevus. I'm eager to check it out for sure. I like the idea of SMG's actually being a use more useful weapon and stand up against assualt rifles better.

Not for the Glory. Not for the Honor. For the Team.

Comment

Re: Notes on Realism Mod:

I went ahead and installed this for my listen server and played with bots.
                    Gracias, nice work. Might have to go ahead and try it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Priest View Post
                      *Rates of Fire
                      -Changed AUG rate of fire from 727rpm to 652rpm
                      -Changed SG552 ROF from 727rpm to 720rpm (ooh boy!)
                      The only part that concerns me is...that the CT auto snipe now fires faster then the T "Kreig" SG552. Then again, continuing the auto snipe ban is acceptable.
                      From the looks of things it decreased the speed of the Aug and the Kreig, but the Kreig is still much faster.

The Autosniper G3/SG-1 has always been banned as far as I know. It is just a cheesy weapon anyhow. Perhaps you were just confused, or I am missing something in what you are saying.

Comment

Originally posted by Greflin View Post
                        The Autosniper G3/SG-1 has always been banned as far as I know. It is just a cheesy weapon anyhow.
                        It's an excellent weapon, but you are correct in saying it's banned.
                        BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

I like this. Please try. Kthx :D
                          -Zephyr
                          You were once like the newbie who needed a hand from above and TacticalGamer gave you it.

You owe the newbie who comes after you that same outstretched hand from above on your honor as a Tactical Gamer.

Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline.

Everyone should be assumed mature until proven otherwise.

We are no clan.
                          We are not a single game.
                          We are mature, intelligent, and cooperative individuals.
                          We are TacticalGamer, a community above and beyond its name.

Comment

I am forced to agree. I think it may bring some balance to the game that seems to be lacking...although what we have now was better than a while back.
                            Although prepared for martyrdom, I preferred that it be postponed.
                            Sir Winston Churchill
                            British politician (1874 - 1965)

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, I really hope we get to run this.

Also an update on the sprinting: I'm asking around in a few different forums right now- Steampowered, FPSBanana, and the Mani forums. No luck so far, but I'm not gonna give up :P

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X