Sprinting Script

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sprinting Script

I found it, Woo! Two days of scouring forums and I finally hit paydirt. It's for Eventscripts- here's the post on their forum regarding it:

http://forums.mattie.info/cs/forums/...printing#51644

Presumably, if the Dev team communicates with the mod creator, than features like what Root suggested (Fubar'ing aim) could be added. I was considering adding this to the thread about the realism mod, but I figured that it deserved its own thread.

With sprinting enabled, not only would crackjumping look silly and remain banned, it would look silly, remained banned, and be useless, too :)

I don't wanna clog up my post with huge wodges of info about this one, so I'll let the author speak for himself in his post.

Re: Sprinting Script

Great find, Priest. I'll look into this and the reality mod today.
    BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

The sprint script causes everyone to have connection problems. Until a working version is released, there's nothing more we can do in this regard.
      BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by Root View Post
        The sprint script causes everyone to have connection problems. Until a working version is released, there's nothing more we can do in this regard.
        Argh >.<

I've sent a PM to the guy that made it, asking if he's aware that Valve must've borked it and if he's planning on an update.

Comment

Originally posted by Priest View Post
          Argh >.<

I've sent a PM to the guy that made it, asking if he's aware that Valve must've borked it and if he's planning on an update.
          Nice try man....HMMM maybe if you offer him a wench he will get it done faster...:row__573:

Play MySpace games? PeepsDepot.com to get all the Peeps you need for any game!

Wii# 5935-7920-5346-8754 | PS3:TheeShadyB | XBOX 360:TheeShadyB

Comment

Originally posted by Quest Shady View Post
            Nice try man....HMMM maybe if you offer him a wench he will get it done faster...:row__573:
            Not needed, apparently:

"If the server is restarting, it's not because of sprint :o
            I don;t have any change map/reconnect code in it.
            That script is fairly old it could use updating. (I use sprinting in another mod of mine, I'll copy-paste.)

You can expect an update in the next few days."

I blame all problems with the script on Valve.

Comment

There's a command in his code : es_xexsists.

When I start the server with the sprint script loading, the server console is spammed with error messages that this command does not exist. I can only assume that this is causing enough of a problem that the server can't handle dealing with anything else.

When I restart the server without the script, the server works fine. This is definitely caused by the script. Don't know if you want to go back to him with this info?
              BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

I've relayed the info, awaiting feedback. Hope it helps.

Comment

Hmmm.... this would be awsome -_- priest go find a script for proning lol....

Comment

:P I'm still waiting on this guy to releasing the new version of his spring script... as for prone position, I don't really think it could be done, but I'll keep an eye out for it :P

Comment

sprinting would be cool and prone would make things a lot more interesting
                      http://cpargermer.com/wateva/Itchyy1.png

Comment

Originally posted by Priest View Post
                        as for prone position, I don't really think it could be done, but I'll keep an eye out for it :P
                        The CSS models have no animation for prone, so adding prone to CSS would take some serious amount of modding. Both the animations and the code would have to be changed.
                        - Drake_Anra

Comment

SumGuy14 is working on the sprinting script now that he's finished his realism mod.

Comment

Hay guyz, guess wut?

He finished it \o_o/
                            He even listened to our suggestion- sprinting now decreases accuracy. Also, as an added point of realism, whenever you run out of stamina, you don't stop all of a sudden like in HL2, you gradually slow down.

Here be the link: http://forums.mattie.info/cs/forums/...er=asc&start=0

Comment

I just tried the updated script, but sadly it's suffering the same issue as before.

On the plus side, players can now connect, join a team and start moving before the connection issue crops up. Before, no-one could even join a team.

I can't get anything from the server, as it shuts down the instant the error ocurrs. I got a console dump from a player, but all the errors therein were mani or steam related.
                              BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X