This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Review

I had an Idea to help stop confusion on how far a player can move up on a map. I think making an Overview for each map, showing the limitations for them. Then we could direct new players to read the forum and become familiar with it, along side reading the SOP and necessary information. Maybe even include screenshots for thorough explanation.

I wouldn't mind dedicating some of my own time to creating this, maybe we could distribute maps to a few PCS or |TG| members so that completing this task wont seem like a huge work load. If we could cover all the maps that we cycle on server, I think this would cut down on some unfair rounds, cause someone didn't know how far they could go.

Let me know what you think, thanks in advance.
    Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

Re: Review

The problem with that is that we have no boundaries- defining specific places as "too far" would essentially be creating them, and that's unrealistic. In real life, noone guarding a potential bombsite from a possible terrorist attack would say "Okay, we're not going to go past this point," it would be, "This is probably where they're going to attack, lets guard it."

All anyone really needs to do is to get it in their heads that their job is to protect the bombsite- if they understand this and were "too far," then it was a tactically bad decision on their part, or they were kill hunting.

Besides, as soon as any sort of boundary is put in place, players will end up riding those boundaries instead of guarding the site. In response, the boundaries would be pulled back until the defending team is cramped into a bad position, etc, hurting the players that understand their objective and know how to accomplish it without sitting directly on it waiting to get flashed and neutralized. If the server's playstyle necessitated any sort of map like this, it probably would've been done by now.

Comment

well said Priest, I am still trying to figure out why people are worried or asking about boundries. If your worried about crossing over a boundry then it means you are not following the objective. And those who are not "camping" a site or hosties then you are simply just kill hunting. Some people will argue "well if you camp a site then then they know you are there" yes true! BUT on the flip side we know they have to come to us. There has just been too much ignorance latley, its NOT rocket science guys
      PSN= Lethal_420

Comment

Originally posted by nulloperations
        You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Priest again.
        :P

Also, I just realized you lived 2 hours from me. Hurricanes SUCK.

Comment

Originally posted by [EOS99]Darksoul View Post
          I had an Idea to help stop confusion on how far a player can move up on a map. I think making an Overview for each map, showing the limitations for them.
          Clearly you've not read the SOP's and / or have no understanding of PCS.
          BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X