If you're going for realism..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you're going for realism..

Then I believe that Rainbow Six: Raven Shield would be a DAMN fine addition to the TG game lineup. Just a thought. I used to play it, and it's a very good game that I think I like more than CS. Some reasons,

a) If shot once, you develop a limp and move slower, can still shoot, but move slower.
    b) Better graphics.
    c) In most first person shooters, ya know how the gun's either on the far right side, or left? In RS, it actually looks more like the gun is hoisted to your shoulder.
    d) There's supposed to be a lot more reasons after this, but I can't remember it all.
    e) It's been a long time since I've played it.
    f) All I remember is that it's a damn good game and would work very well with all your TG styles of play.
    g) Same concepts I think. Hostage rescue, maybe a bomb mode thing??
    h) Yeah.
    i) You should consider it.

Atomic Dog: Do it, hit it with a crowbar!
    Delta: I don't have a crowbar.
    Atomic Dog: Hit it with the dog!

Ednos: I just need to man up and get ready to have a testicle removed (which is what using Vista feels like)

Re: If you're going for realism..

I thought Raven Shield was already on the list.

I hate Raven Shield. With all its supposed realism, there are so many ridicuously unrealistic aspects about it, and yet the gameplay balance isn't great. The silencers are too effective - Hollywood laser noises or little air puffs - and they turn any gun into a God weapon with almost no recoil and ridiculous accuracy. Without silencers, most guns are absurdly inaccurate and the recoil seems much too high. The fact that almost every gun can take a silencer seriously reduces the differences between guns, and then the fact that almost every gun can take an extended magazine reduces the differences between weapons even further. Additionally, the idiots didn't feel it necessary to actually included the extended magazines in the models or animations, so your 100-round drum still looks like a 30-round banana mag.

Grenades are too difficult to use effectively because it takes about half an hour to throw one. The different levels of body armor mean almost nothing and heavy duty level IV armor doesn't seem to stop even pistol rounds except on rare occasion, while it does manage to slow you down. The reload times for just about every primary weapon are so fast that you never need to use your sidearm. This is only a problem in single player, but in some levels the AI can hear you just about the same whether your weapon is silenced or not - which is probably closer to realistic, except the guns still sound like little tiny puffing noises and it's hard to believe anyone more than five feet away could hear you.

You can't shoot through any objects but doors because they thought getting walled would seem "too random", which makes the handy-dandy infrared scope even more worthless than it was anyway. Most of the sniper rifles have perfect accuracy even while standing (making prone and bipods worthless) and no head roll and you can stay scoped while moving. The MGs have almost no reduction to recoil while prone and using the bipod either.

Then there's the inconsistent team AI, but I won't even get into that...

Comment

Originally posted by -delta- View Post
      Then I believe that Rainbow Six: Raven Shield would be a DAMN fine addition to the TG game lineup. Just a thought. I used to play it, and it's a very good game that I think I like more than CS. Some reasons,

a) If shot once, you develop a limp and move slower, can still shoot, but move slower.
      b) Better graphics.
      c) In most first person shooters, ya know how the gun's either on the far right side, or left? In RS, it actually looks more like the gun is hoisted to your shoulder.
      d) There's supposed to be a lot more reasons after this, but I can't remember it all.
      e) It's been a long time since I've played it.
      f) All I remember is that it's a damn good game and would work very well with all your TG styles of play.
      g) Same concepts I think. Hostage rescue, maybe a bomb mode thing??
      h) Yeah.
      i) You should consider it.
      a) The mod that just got released will do that too
      b) I can't even run CSS on full :(
      c) Changing your weapon origins or downloading an appropriate skin will do this for you.
      d) O rly
      e) I played it on PS2 once, it was okay.
      f) Sounds like it
      g) I dunno, lol.
      h) Indeed
      i) K lol.

Comment

I dunno. I like it. Don't get me wrong or anything, I'm not trying to put the mod down, I absolutely love the idea, but I'm just throwing it out there.

Ednos: I just need to man up and get ready to have a testicle removed (which is what using Vista feels like)

Comment

Oh no, I wasn't taking it personally at all, I just like complaining about Raven Shield.

Comment

We played it here for a while actually.

I liked it, the only thing it really lacked was a team vs team mode.

We always played coop because it lacked the ability to be on the T side.
            Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
            Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

Comment

AHH, that's right. You could be another team of CT's, but not T's. Lame. Oh well.

Comment

RS games rocked !! wish new Vegas was more like RS old days ! miss playing as a real squad

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X