22 Jan, 2007 Captains Match AAR!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 22 Jan, 2007 Captains Match AAR!

Well We decided to have a Captains match tonight and things turned out really fun. This was probably the first time everyone cooperated and we really didnt have any trouble. Ednos and Quest Shady were the Capt. and the chose to play cs_kismayo.

Well Shady chose first picking the obvious choses of Gogeta and Whistlers Mother. And Ednos chose a pack of underdogs. We (Ednos) started out as CT and gained the first win. We now have money and they (T's) now have the fear if God in their heads. We won 1 more and then it all came crumbling down on the 3rd match. The T's pulled off one hell of a defense, and we couldn't do anything about it. But then the CT's started cracking down and took things slower and pulled off a win. With the T's thinking that we were going slow we then bumrushed the first set led by one Fireteam (Me leading) and came out with the first set in under 20 secs. The CT's then took thier sweet time and just started picking them off one by one. The CT's ended up winning the match and now it was time to switch.

Score Ednos 1 Quest Shady 0

After we all switched and a little Admin mix up, we finally got things going again. I hurried up and ran to the overhang in the right side of courtyard and waited. I waited for a good 2 minutes before any action...then I saw it...Shady's LARGE head. BOOM...BOOM ...Headshot with my p228 sig. Then another head...BOOM!....another headshot. The CT's took their sweet time getting into position I didnt notice the entire CT team was in courtyard. So there was only one thing that I could do. Let my team know where they were at and ran out of there! GUNS-A-BLAZIN...then I died. I think that T's (Ednos) really started to click after that and they started to make smart decisions. We ended up winning 3 rounds in a row and was expecting one final blow to the OpFpr morale. Little did we know that they had one last trick up their sleeves. O "good'ol fashion" rush, and they wiped us out. Yea, they won that round, but we had the last laugh when we owned them the next round

Final score: Ednos 2 Quest Shady 0

Good Games all...check out these pics also;)

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/picture...h-screens.html
    "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Re: 22 Jan, 2007 Captains Match AAR!

that was a terribly fun match and i might add that i was on TEAM EDNOS ... another thing is dirtboy can you check your pms please!

Comment

Originally posted by newt0n View Post
      that was a terribly fun match and i might add that i was on TEAM EDNOS ... another thing is dirtboy can you check your pms please!
      It's good to see you made it to our forums ryosuke (that's what I know you by anyway)

Good match last night and grats to ednos's team for taking control and winning with a solid plan.

- -

Comment

Hey, it was hardly a cake walk for your team. There were some extremely close matches and newt0n was a sleeper cell that destroyed our team entirely more than one round. It didn't help either that we ran out of time on CT after executing some great plans (which is never an honest win/loss IMHO). Good games either way :)
        ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
        No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Rincewind View Post
          Hey, it was hardly a cake walk for your team. There were some extremely close matches and newt0n was a sleeper cell that destroyed our team entirely more than one round. It didn't help either that we ran out of time on CT after executing some great plans (which is never an honest win/loss IMHO). Good games either way :)
          I would disagree that running out of time wouldn't Result in a win/loss for a team, basically you have a certain amount of time to rescue the hostages and when the Timer runs out, It's like not meeting a Terrorist demand or their deadline, and they execute the hostages, which results in a CT loss.

That was a fun match yesterday, I took a few pics myself, I'll post them shortly.
          Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

Comment

This thread makes for very refreshing reading. 5 stars from me.
            BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Great time on the captians match last night. I'm 44 years old and this is the first computer game i've ever played. All of you guys on this server sure make for a enjoyable time. Thanks agian for letting me play.

midget-beater
              midget-beater

Comment

This was the scoreboard of my team (leader: Ednos) while we were CT's.

(Teams Switched, Now my team was T) This was a close round, I was the only Terrorist Alive and Kelivut for his team, He almost got the last set of hostages out, but as always the hostages stopped following, which gave me a chance to take him out, and I did ;D

With time running out, I could hear the footsteps of Gogeta and Kelivut rushing in to rescue the hostages, but with my 2 handy flashbangs I was able to slow them down and let the timer run out before they could do their job.

This was the round that the CT's came storming in and walked away with a victory, I think this picture shows the horror of war ;D

The final round, dirtboy decided to clean house and seal the victory.

Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

Comment

Originally posted by jblood View Post
                  Great time on the captians match last night. I'm 44 years old and this is the first computer game i've ever played. All of you guys on this server sure make for a enjoyable time. Thanks agian for letting me play.

midget-beater
                  Great to see you've found your way to the forum, midget. :icon14:
                  BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Sorry for the late post. Getting done with that match so late and having to get up at 5 AM the next morning followed by working 12 hours I didn't have time to drop in and say....

First: Thanks to my team...I had a dream team of players. They played superbly and I wish my skills at planning were a match for their talent. None the less they are a great team and I enjoyed playing with you all.

Second: A big thanks and a round of applause to ednos for stepping up and being a captain despite his trepidations. He was unsure about doing it but he stepped up and took charge.

Third: Great teamwork by ednos's team which of course was another dream team of great players. They switched it up and kept us on our toes and I just couldn't keep up with their tactics.

Great Job all around and I look forward to it again. We should have more of these and/or some of the Proven vs Non-Proven matches...

LARRY

Play MySpace games? PeepsDepot.com to get all the Peeps you need for any game!

Wii# 5935-7920-5346-8754 | PS3:TheeShadyB | XBOX 360:TheeShadyB

Comment

Originally posted by [EOS99]Darksoul View Post
                      I would disagree that running out of time wouldn't Result in a win/loss for a team, basically you have a certain amount of time to rescue the hostages and when the Timer runs out, It's like not meeting a Terrorist demand or their deadline, and they execute the hostages, which results in a CT loss.

That was a fun match yesterday, I took a few pics myself, I'll post them shortly.
                      Except we had the hosties when the time ran out, and I was covering the exit, until i jumped down and killed myself from the fall hehe.

Originally posted by [EOS99]Darksoul View Post
                      (Teams Switched, Now my team was T) This was a close round, I was the only Terrorist Alive and Kelivut for his team, He almost got the last set of hostages out, but as always the hostages stopped following, which gave me a chance to take him out, and I did ;D
                      Those hosties are so stupid. Then again we all already knew that.

Comment

BTW dave left after the first round, and held afk for the next two rounds. And did anyone get screenies of me killing two CTs by shooting off their legs? hehe.

Comment

Originally posted by jblood View Post

midget-beater

Welcome midget-beater!! I was wondering when you were gonna get on here :) Good show during the match.. From successful cpt. matches comes more cpt. matches :D
                          Dizlor

Comment

Is there any scheduling system involved for holding captain's matches or do they only happen when several admins join the server?

Comment

Originally posted by Assault9 View Post
                              Is there any scheduling system involved for holding captain's matches or do they only happen when several admins join the server?
                              Generally they happen when there is sufficiant admin coverage... as well as sufficiant players on the server. Captains matches arent going to be run with riff raffs on the server.
                              Dizlor

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X