Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A point of realism (Not a mod this time, I swear)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A point of realism (Not a mod this time, I swear)

Despite the fact that the thread Newt0n posted was locked for reasons besides this point, he posted the CT and T overviews for two maps. This was the overview for the Terrorist group on CS_Xmas

It's December 24th, the perfect time to get media attention. We have taken 4 hostages under our control and likely a rescue team is on the way to try and save them. We have no idea when/where they will strike so stay close to the hostages and keep them quite at all costs. Our best bet is to keep the hostages alive, as long as we have them in our custody and they are alive we have a bargaining tool. I repeat do not kill the hostages as they will be our ticket out of here with the ransom.

This just struck me as the ultimate summary of terrorist motives on Tactical Gamer- and a good point of debate if someone brings up the point of how eliminating the CT's is also a primary objective.

That is all :P

Re: A point of realism (Not a mod this time, I swear)

I try to bring that point up of they wouldn't know where the CTs come from to pubbers that come on to the server, but they don't get it.

Comment

Onos! Priest just violated the new spam prevention script!

*Corny Catchphrase Detector/MOD Title Detection Script Bans Priest From Forums*

NOOOO!!! Friendly Fire! Friendly Fire!
      -Zephyr
      You were once like the newbie who needed a hand from above and TacticalGamer gave you it.

You owe the newbie who comes after you that same outstretched hand from above on your honor as a Tactical Gamer.

Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline.

Everyone should be assumed mature until proven otherwise.

We are no clan.
      We are not a single game.
      We are mature, intelligent, and cooperative individuals.
      We are TacticalGamer, a community above and beyond its name.

Comment

Cuuuuuuurse yoooooooou spaaaaaamfil*Spamfiltered*

Comment

As a terrorist on a hostage map, yes. Eliminating the CT's is high priority. That goes hand in hand when you guard the hostages. Note: CT's have to go to where the hostages are at. So if you stay with hosties, you can eliminate the CT's. Multi-tasking BABY!

The objectives of a hostage map on the terrorist side is:
          1. Guard the Hostages
          2. Eliminate the Counter-Terrorist.

But you HAVE to guard the hostages. Lets say if you were going to eliminate the CT's. You go run out to one side of the map toward CT spawn. Well, unfortunately the CT's have gone the other direction. So now you and CT's are both going the same direction around the map, its just your 30 seconds behind them. Well, how are you going to guard the hostages after they grab them and follow the same path you did to their Spawn? Because you'll be 30 seconds behind them, unable to catch them because yall are going the same direction around the map.

So now you havent completed any objective AND the CT's have rescued the hostages.

So Eliminating CT's while being a Terrorist on a Hostage map is not the Primary Objective. Its the Secondary Objective, but goes hand in hand with the Primary.

Comment

Originally posted by Priest View Post
            This just struck me as the ultimate summary of terrorist motives on Tactical Gamer- and a good point of debate if someone brings up the point of how eliminating the CT's is also a primary objective.
            There's no debate to be had on this.

If a new player doesn't get why they have to guard the hostages, use the Iranian Embassy seige in London in the '80's as an example.

When the SAS went in, they didn't discover that the "terrorists" were the other side of London. They were right there with the hostages (one was even under arrest by the time the SAS got to that room). Had the "terrorists" taken out the SAS team, they would have been in almost the exact same position as before the breach. Had they tried to sneak out to kill the SAS at their staging area, they'd never have made it out the door.

Taking hostages is almost always doomed to failure, but it's got more chance than leaving them alone.

If a new player can't grasp the fundemental basic of guarding the objective, then we need to wish them well in their search for a server that's more to their taste and get on with what we do best.

Originally posted by d3m0
            So Eliminating CT's while being a Terrorist on a Hostage map is not the Primary Objective. Its the Secondary Objective, but goes hand in hand with the Primary.
            The secondary objective is putting up a defence that makes the offensive team think they can't win, and sends them into a dither trying various assaults, ending in them running out of time.
            BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X