Some Guy's CS Realism Mod Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Guy's CS Realism Mod Discussion

Please use this thread to discuss some guy's mod on our server. Remember people, this is for discussion and suggestions, not bashing and complaining :) So lets keep it constructive please:row__572:

Thanks

Gogeta
    Dizlor

Re: Some Guy's CS Realism Mod Discussion

so that was you gogeta, and you didnt even come play. The shame!

But as for the mod, kudos man. Even if it isnt perfectly balanced its not bad, and you put alot of work into it so, thanks!

Comment

I love the concept...ALOT! But it seems like that there are some certain aspects to it that really pisses me off at times, for instance, like when I get sniped by a UMP from 300m away. But like I said before, I love the concept, and with the ability to "feel" the shots would be cool. For instance, if you get shot you will slow down, and your sight will diminish (like BF2 PRM).
      "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtboy View Post
        I love the concept...ALOT! But it seems like that there are some certain aspects to it that really pisses me off at times, for instance, like when I get sniped by a UMP from 300m away. But like I said before, I love the concept, and with the ability to "feel" the shots would be cool. For instance, if you get shot you will slow down, and your sight will diminish (like BF2 PRM).
        I'm talking with the guy who did the other realism mod (the one that makes you blink and breathe heavy etc) and we're gonna try to do a collaboration that will include the things I don't know how to do.

Here are concerns I have noted and would like to address. Please let me know of any concerns you have or have seen in the server so I can consider them.

1. 9mm shouldn't penetrate body armor
        This is correct, but since you can't tell whether your target is wearing body armor, nobody would ever use the 9mm weapons, making them effectively worthless. I've never played a game that had armor that always stopped even 9mm, it's just bad for gameplay. I can always lower the penetration more though.

2. The MP5 is too good at long range now. It's easy to snipe with the MP5. I get one shot kills with it all the time
        The MP5 should only kill in one hit if it is a headshot to an unarmored target. If it's felt necessary, I can increase how much the damage drops over distance.

3. The TMP is too good.
        I agree with this, although I think I'm in the minority for people who want it less devastating. I'm considering lowering the damage and armor penetration since it's suppressed anyway.

4. The USP is crap now.
        I think with the silencer, it does its original damage (since I can't adjust secondary fires), but I haven't tested this enough. If it does indeed do its original damage, that is so much lower than any of the other damages it will certainly feel worthless. I don't know what to do about this :/ .

5. There's a mod running?
        I think there should be a note in the MotD but I don't know if there's some good reasoning why there isn't.

Comment

There's already a thread about this mod, but its on its own tangent right now so ill give my hopefully fresh two cents on this one. First off I need to thank Some Guy for spending the time to think this mod out and of course make it. Secondly I would like to say that I think it is a very good idea. One thing I might suggest, if it is possible, is only having it on the server at set times. Or, as captain matches go, when the admin and players feel it is a good time for it.
          The reasons I do like it are the obvious ones. The realism of stopping power(as real as I bet the steam engine will allow), and of course the realism of the guns as far as the numbers go(Rate of Fire, distance, penetrating power...).
          The main reason I do not like the mod is as Ive said in game, the fact that it takes alot of the game out of the video game. I am one to appreciate the fact that realism is one thing TG strives for, but I am also one to realise that this is tactical gamer, and playing the game with people who appreciate is's qualities is really what this community is all about.

Well, thats my two cents.

-----------------------------------------
          WMDs: Iraq 0
          Albuquerque, NM 2500

Comment

I would really like to thank some guy for taking the time to make this. I throughly enjoy the realism mod. It is actually one of my favorite things about the server. It makes everything so much more tense since like in real life 1-2 well placed shots will usually kill you. The TMP is slightly overpowered in the right hands since it is just so easy to get headshots with that gun. The damage should probably be reduced a bit but nothing drastic.
            "I have no fear of death. It just means dreaming in silence. A dream that lasts for eternity."
            Vincent Volaju

"Desde Abajo Te Devora."

Only God can judge me.

Comment

Originally posted by m0h3k4n View Post
              There's already a thread about this mod, but its on its own tangent right now
              Tis the reason that one has been locked. I started a new one to give some guy a decent thread for discussion. Thanks for the input :)
              Dizlor

Comment

Originally posted by some guy View Post
                3. The TMP is too good.
                They all say that after Fenix has gunned them down. :)

Some guy, you have my IM details. If it pleases you, I'd like to be kept in the loop with regard to your collaboration.
                BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Thank you for the positive comments.

The main reason I do not like the mod is as Ive said in game, the fact that it takes alot of the game out of the video game. I am one to appreciate the fact that realism is one thing TG strives for, but I am also one to realise that this is tactical gamer, and playing the game with people who appreciate is's qualities is really what this community is all about.
                  I'm not sure I understand what you mean here.

They all say that after Fenix has gunned them down.
                  If Fenix = Dirtboy, then yes :P

Some guy, you have my IM details. If it pleases you, I'd like to be kept in the loop with regard to your collaboration.
                  I'm not sure I'm following you on this. Do you feel left out of the loop? We were getting into discussions about the mod in-server and it wasn't working well because it was interfering with the game, so I and others asked that we keep it to the forum.

Comment

I think he means you should IM him with any new information if you don't post it here perhaps?

Comment

Hi all.

I think it's great that some guy has put so much effort into working on this mod. The community appreciates it.

My one issue is the AK-47. Realistically, the AK-47 is an accurate and powerful gun. The AK-47 should be one of the most powerful guns in the game. However, with this mod, it has really been toned down. I heard Some Guy commenting that this was because of its price. That's simply realistic. The AK-47 is a cheap weapon to produce IRL, but it is still devastating effective. I feel as if the CTs, at this point, certainly have an edge in firepower. The M4 and AUG (which is underused, but I think that soon many TG regulars will pick up on its power as they get used to this mod) are very powerful and need to be offset by something. In my opinion, the AK-47 should deliver the most powerful one-shot in the game, aside from a sniper rifle. Typically, it is said that in CS 3 shots to an unarmored chest from an AK should kill, as compared to 4 shots from an M4.

Many argue this would be vastly overpowering the AK. I disagree. Counter-Strike has been running on the concept of the AK being the most powerful and accurate (if used correctly) rifle in the game for years now. However, like I just mentioned, the AK-47 needs to be used correctly. It is very difficult to master. The M4, by comparison, is much easier to use. Any new player can pick up the M4 and get a kill. The same cannot be said for the AK.

Comment

The AK-47 is not accurate or powerful compared to most other rifles in real life. I'm not sure where you got that from. It is cheap and incredibly reliable, which many armies prefer. I never said I adjusted anything because of price. I would rather adjust price to fit specs than specs to fit price.

Comment

In response to SomeGuy's quote,

I was trying to get the point out there that video games, above all else are meant to be fun. This is because real life, other than one or two things I wont name, is not. The realism mod leads to a more realistic shortened lifespan, which in my opinion makes the game a little more about sitting in spec waiting for the next round to start than actually playing out some awsome/ or not so awsome CS:S.

WMDs: Iraq 0
                          Albuquerque, NM 2500

Comment

This mod would truly shine if we had larger, more open maps. This would allow more stealth play and would make the most out of tactical play. When you have a map that has 2 or 3 enterances and all it takes is 1-2 shots to kill you then it will be a very bloody game with lots of spec time.

Do we have any large, open terrain maps? i would love to see some type of BF2 map in CSS. Not as big per se but a map that allows multiple points of entry that lead to a specific target/objective.

All I ask for is communication

Comment

Originally posted by m0h3k4n View Post
                              In response to SomeGuy's quote,

I was trying to get the point out there that video games, above all else are meant to be fun. This is because real life, other than one or two things I wont name, is not. The realism mod leads to a more realistic shortened lifespan, which in my opinion makes the game a little more about sitting in spec waiting for the next round to start than actually playing out some awsome/ or not so awsome CS:S.

This is also an excellent point and something that needs to be considered.

In reference to the AK-47's accuracy, I suppose you are right. I got off on a little tangent and started listening to my ROTC roommate sitting next to me ;-). I did a little research of my own and while the AK-47 lacks accuracy, as I DID state later in my post, saying how difficult it is to use, it is still a rather powerful gun. There needs to be some balance somewhere in the current weapon layouts and I think tweaking the AK would be a great way to find it.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X