Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about 3rd party connectors(xfire...)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about 3rd party connectors(xfire...)

Alright, I know that supporting member or not, I can techincally use x-fire to connect to a full match. I also respect the fact that that is clearly exploiting one of the benefits intended for supporting members. My question however is, can I connect to a full game and sit in spec untill there are say 15 players in game? Or would that still be concidered an exploit. I ask because, for one, I find it extremely boring waiting for steam to connect me and also because it is always nice to view the strategies the other players are using. As often, though they may not be groundbreaking, they are quite usefull to add to my library.

-----------------------------------------
    WMDs: Iraq 0
    Albuquerque, NM 2500
    -----------------------------------------

Re: Question about 3rd party connectors(xfire...)

Well since I am not a SM what i often do is join a pub server and put the steam auto connect thing on. That way I can still play some CS and once a spot opens it automatically switches me over to the TG server.

Comment

You can connect to the server via xfire, but if the server is full you'll be kicked on connection (once you've been frisked for possession of a reserved slot).
      BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

I've connected via xfire before when server was full unintentionally, it would say something like 14/16 player slots taken, so I'd double click to join in and at the same time it would refresh and say 16/16, yet I still joined and was not kicked, and yes there were 16 players in the game already.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelivut View Post
          I've connected via xfire before when server was full unintentionally, it would say something like 14/16 player slots taken, so I'd double click to join in and at the same time it would refresh and say 16/16, yet I still joined and was not kicked, and yes there were 16 players in the game already.
          This was fairly recently?
          BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Not really, like a month or so ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelivut View Post
              Not really, like a month or so ago.
              We have differing views on what consitutes "recently". :)

Your successful connection when the server was full is due to a problem that we've had since at least December. We're working on it, but for now it is possible to get too many players on the server.
              BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by Root View Post
                We have differing views on what consitutes "recently". :)

Your successful connection when the server was full is due to a problem that we've had since at least December. We're working on it, but for now it is possible to get too many players on the server.
                Valvehack?

Comment

Originally posted by Priest View Post
                  Valvehack?
                  Not this time. I know this is shocking, and borders on slander, but just this once valve have broken mani.
                  BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Yeah, I'm really guilty of doing this... a lot. I don't do it on purpose; I just realize that the teams are already at capacity when I'm done joining. (I don't feel like waiting, so I sort of slip in when Root's not looking.) This isn't just a month ago recently; this is I've-been-doing-it-since-I-got-Xfire-last-week recently.
                    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                    I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                    Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X