Captain's Game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Captain's Game

A) Would one mind explaining to me? I believe it's quite obvious, but just in case.
    B) When's the next one?
    C) Do you have to be PCS?
    D) I can't think of a D..

Atomic Dog: Do it, hit it with a crowbar!
    Delta: I don't have a crowbar.
    Atomic Dog: Hit it with the dog!

Ednos: I just need to man up and get ready to have a testicle removed (which is what using Vista feels like)

Re: Captain's Game

Originally posted by -delta- View Post
    A) Would one mind explaining to me? I believe it's quite obvious, but just in case.
    Well, when I completely demolished Quest Shady in a captain's game, this is how it worked:

- Captains volunteer (need mics)
    - Map is agreed upon; server changes level
    - Everyone joins Spectators (this part gets about half the server kicked for selective hearing)
    - One captain, who guesses the correct number an admin has chosen, gets to pick which team to play, and the other captain gets first pick of the players in Spectator.
    - When each player has joined a team, the round restarts, and the games begin.
    - ednos wins the match.
    B) When's the next one?
    It happens whenever the server is full of people who want to do it and an admin is around to organize it.
    C) Do you have to be PCS?
    No.
    D) I can't think of a D..
    Ask Root; he usually has the answer to these sorts of questions.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
    I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
    Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

I'd love to play in another Captain's Match, it was an experience unlike anything I'd seen before.

Comment

Well, get your rears in gear, everyone, and maybe it'll happen. All we need is an admin and lots of Tactical Gamers on the server at the same time.
        The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
        I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
        Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

captain's games make TG even better than what it is.
          http://cpargermer.com/wateva/Itchyy1.png

Comment

No, it's the *epitome* of Tactical gaming.
            Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Captains games should be the standard you all play to on any TG server, regardless of whether it's an organised event or just regular play.
              BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

I suppose... it's hard to force it on people without an admin though.
                Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Originally posted by ednos View Post
                  I suppose... it's hard to force it on people without an admin though.
                  Nonsense. Nothing prevents you from treating the server as a real life situation, except your own actions and attitude. None of us feel any shame when we play on a pub server because we're not in the mood for the TG style of play, and rightly so. You're not helping anyone by using our server when you're not in the right frame of mind for the gameplay we demand.
                  BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

There's a difference between regular TG play, where people join whichever team has a vacancy, and a Captain's Game, where people are chosen by captains, and the teams stay the same for several rounds, and there's a defined, constant leader with a microphone instead of the Bomber or a miscellaneous CT coming up with a plan. It's still a far cry from public server style, but it's not the same (not as organized).
                    Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Originally posted by Root View Post
                      Nonsense. Nothing prevents you from treating the server as a real life situation, except your own actions and attitude. None of us feel any shame when we play on a pub server because we're not in the mood for the TG style of play, and rightly so. You're not helping anyone by using our server when you're not in the right frame of mind for the gameplay we demand.
                      Root is right. Whenever i play on TG we always have a catains game and everyone listens. (if they dont I get help from an admin) lol

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X