FPS in CS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FPS in CS

This has been an issue for alot of us CS people on steam. We have great graphix cards and are only pulling 60fps (Frames Per Second) in game on the maps. Well I finally found a saloution to this problem. Heres a step by step way to get the most fps out of your card. This will also work in Day of Defeat as well....

1) Start up steam go to Options Video and select OpenGL in Video settings. Click Apply then close out steam .

2)Go into your Valve Steam folder Steam Apps Counterstrike and look for a file called config.cfg. Open this with notepad and look for fps_max=75 change it to 100. Save and close out note pad.

3)Open your display setting on you Computer and look under OpenGL settings. If Vsync is on check it off or select Always off for you gforce people. Click apply then close this out.

4) Start up steam and go into a CS server I'd recomend Opening up your netgraph by typing netgraph 1 in your game counsel (~) This way you'll be able to see your fps. Now if your still not getting 100fps type in your counsel fps_max 300 that sould help!

5) 2 more setiings in counsel will help with lag and fps are as follows
    cl_rate 9999
    rate 9999

This should help your fps in game. Granted if you have a 64meg card or less you wont see much of a frame rate diffrence this is really for 128 or above but i'd try it anyways ya never know.
    Last edited by Widowmaker; 05-23-2004, 10:05 AM.

Re: FPS in CS

You don't really have your rate at 300, do you?

Comment

Oh no sorry rate is 9999

hehe

Comment

You could use a higher rate at TG, because it's set with sv_maxrate 0.

Comment

my rate is 25000 for TG, 4000 for CSxBS...........dam ****ty server
          From Adam Webb

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed