This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why?

Why when some of you post threads, do you do it knowing that they will be deleted or locked? If you know this than you either have read the SOPs and blatantly ignored them or you simply skipped over the fact that you have to read the forum rules prior to posting.

Let me propose something that I preach to people that work for me. “Live by the 3 second rule”. Before you decide to run your mouth and say or do something that will have negative repercussions think about it for 3 seconds. If you simply take a few seconds to realize what you are about to do, you probably will not do it.

This will put an end to all the retarded posts about “why was I banned” and “this place sucks”. Neither of those two statements or comments will ever help any of your causes here at TG.

And for people that do not understand, this follows a banned post and comments that were deleted and another that was locked!
    "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Re: Why?

made my night...well said maybe this should be stickied
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

Did you read the posts? I never said this place sucks. If this place sucked, I wouldn't be making a stink.

Please point me to the part of the SOP that I violated. I declined to fill out a complaint form, and that's a rule violation? I was banned without warning. To get real technical here, the only person who violated a rule was the admin who banned me without completing rule #2 of the SOP. I PMed the admin in question to address the ban. The posts aren't about the ban, they are about community policies. Why is everyone so afraid to have a policy discussion. This isn't the white house.

Comment

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/counter...omplaints.html

read that one. then when you have see if your post still is appropriate for the forums.
        -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper[SNPR] View Post

read that one. then when you have see if your post still is appropriate for the forums.
          While you have a point, I was asking which server rule I violated to be banned in the first place. But it does appear that I've violated a forum rule, and for that I'm sorry. I guess I was not supposed to post a public thread, my apologies.

However, it still boggles my mind as to why we can't discuss admin policies around here. This is a mature community. Mature communities can stand up internal discussion and constructive criticism.

Comment

admin policies are discussed...thats what admin forums are for. Your PMs sent to an admin are heavily looked into. Most are posted in admin forums and discussed.
            -Vulcan

Comment

Ill never understand why people feel the need to perpetuate their already tarnished behavior...
              Dizlor

Comment

Originally posted by Gogeta View Post
                Ill never understand why people feel the need to perpetuate their already tarnished behavior...
                quit making up words.......
                -Vulcan

Comment

perpetuate = definition
                  Dizlor

Comment

Don't worry that's just trooper's limited vocabulary showing

---

Comment

did you not read the first post. 3 seconds
                      -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by Gogeta View Post
                        And I'll never understand why it's so taboo to question actions and behavoir. Ever heard of democracy? If we're to make rules then we are to follow them. Bottom line: I was banned without warning. That is against the rules.

Comment

actually TG isnt a democracy. you broke the rules, got banned and keep complianing on the forums about it. TG is like USSR, piss the wrong people off continuously and we ship you to siberia..pubbie servers
                          -Vulcan

Comment

Right. And that's a healthy community. I see no one wants to address the issue of the admin breaking the ban procedure over something as simple as me declining to fill out a complaint form. Everyone wants to quote rules this rules that, but where is the discussion on the admin breaking the rules?

Comment

Originally posted by twifosp View Post
                              Right. And that's a healthy community. I see no one wants to address the issue of the admin breaking the ban procedure over something as simple as me declining to fill out a complaint form. Everyone wants to quote rules this rules that, but where is the discussion on the admin breaking the rules?
                              In the admin forums...why is that so hard to understand. Admin actions are not up for discussion by members of the community. You got banned for a reason, and im sure the admin who did it is explaining his reasons to those above him in the chain of command. Nothing you post here is gonna do any good but get you neg rep and pointless arguements.
                              -Vulcan

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...