Strategy Games anyone?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strategy Games anyone?

I am looking for a good strategy based game, not an FPS but a good command game. Any suggestions?

All I ask for is communication

Re: Strategy Games anyone?

I'm in the same boat. I'm going to pick up a copy of Company of Heroes as soon as I can. It looks like a great rts and has been highly suggested. There's also a player base here at TG...so that's just more reason for me to check it out.
    | | |

Comment

Here is a list for you my friend depending on exactly what you are looking for each of these offers its own Command and Strategy strong points.

Company of Heroes -

Supreme Commander -

Medieval 2 Total War -

Age of Empires 3 -

Command and Conquer 3 (Release date March 27) -

Each of these games varies in their own components but all are good RTS games. A little intel on your part should provide you with enough pro's and cons and help to decide which game suits your taste the best.

HardCa$h

Comment

Why not have the ultimate in both a strategy game and a FPS? Armed Assault of Course!!:row__523: It is virtually impossible to succeed at the game unless you are on your toes as a leader and tactician, while still incorporating years of development in a 1st person view that is awesome.

But donít just ask meÖ..

Originally posted by Apophis;
        Link
        Q: What games do you see here right now that hold the most promise for TG?

A: Thatís simple. Armed Assault is gaining in popularity and holds a LOT of promise for TG.
        "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Empire at War wasnt too bad either...
          Dizlor

Comment

Originally posted by Gogeta View Post
            Empire at War wasnt too bad either...
            I thought Empire at War utterly blew goats. You build a massive fleet up, then can't send it all into a battle. Every time I buy an SW game, it's so bad that I swear I'll never buy another one. The people that make them clearly haven't watched the films, and don't have the slightest clue about the SW universe.

Dawn of war is ok, as long as you don't mind a lame cap on how many units you can have. Starcraft remains one of the best RTS games ever.
            BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

I still play age of mythology, great game. Also rise of nations is good too. If you want go into something newer then the above or even Civilization 4.

- -

Comment

I have to agree with Root on EaW and its boggle of bugs and how far it drifts off from the SW cannon and everything else. The Expansion was somewhat of a laugh for me, as it placed a huge pirate uprise that took over half the galaxy between Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi. The gameplay itself like all previous SW games is nothing less then mindless rabble. I would go into much more detail but this post isnt the place and I have fears of having an anurism is i continue thinking about any SW games..

HardCa$h

Comment

The only good SW games put out recently have been KoToR 1 and 2.

- -

Comment

Well, I have bought and tried to play the Rainbow six type games before, but i cannot STAND having to send guys in different directions before we do anything. I like when the game flows more.
                    Maybe i dont want a true strategy game. Maybe what i am looking for is actually an FPS that is very strategy intense, where the maps demand strategy in a big way, not like "4 rush 'A' while the rest go 'B' with the bomb". Does Armed Assault have a multiplayer mode?
                    Sounds interesting, I will go do some research on it.

Comment

Yeah, ArmedA has a multiplayer mode. That's a game I'm definitely looking forward to getting into as well.
                      | | |

Comment

Originally posted by Ben View Post
                        Well, I have bought and tried to play the Rainbow six type games before, but i cannot STAND having to send guys in different directions before we do anything. I like when the game flows more.
                        Maybe i dont want a true strategy game. Maybe what i am looking for is actually an FPS that is very strategy intense, where the maps demand strategy in a big way, not like "4 rush 'A' while the rest go 'B' with the bomb". Does Armed Assault have a multiplayer mode?
                        Sounds interesting, I will go do some research on it.
                        Have you tried taking the CO chair on the PR server? I think you'd do a rather good job of it.
                        BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

I have never taken the CO chair on BF2. I would try if I had a good tutorial.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben View Post
                            I have never taken the CO chair on BF2. I would try if I had a good tutorial.
                            Here's Roots quick setup guide.

Apply for CO.
                            Once appointed, hit PgUp to accept.
                            Hide at the main base.
                            Hit the HOME key
                            Look at the pretty map and deploy your squads accordingly.

CO'ing is a challenge, but I really think you'd just take to it. Perhaps be a squad leader a few times. The interface is basically the same, except you can issue orders to 9 squads instead of one, and have arty, supplies and vehicles (depending on the map).

We're hoping to set a TGU session up for SL's. Perhaps a CO module will follow on. In the mean time, join in with a learn TG squad. I also recommend joining a 1st MIP or 160th squad if you want to learn whilst being shot at.
                            BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

I just bought Armed Assault. It looks great.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X