Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We all like reputation but one thing that gets more than a little annoying is when people accidentally give you negative rep. This has happened 3 times in the past 2 weeks for me. Please take care in what you choose when giving reputation.

It's not that important to me but it does get slightly annoying :P

- -

Re: reputation

I have one better. A person asked me to unban them and gave me bad rep for it discussing it with them?! This is not used for revenge for people you may not like, nor is it a popularity contest. Rather it was designed as a tool for people to gauge the quality of their posts. So please use it wisely…
    "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Now kids, if you don't have good rep to give, don't give any rep at all!

Bad rep is annoying unless you REALLY REALLY deserve it. But giving it simply because you don't agree with an opinion or because you want to exact some vengence...that's just pretty lame. I only give it asshats...and anyone I've given bad rep to has ultimately been banned from the forums. That's just the level of severity it takes for me to even consider bad rep'n someone.
      | | |

Comment

+rep for everyone in this thread :P
        Dizlor

Comment

dont get me started on bad rep. Someone on the forums finds it funny to leave me neg rep with Comments such as " i hope all bad things happen to you in life" and " dont be a d-bag" In posts and threads that arent even close to be deserveing. Really glad to forum has a Block function.
          that sounds like a good idea trooper.
          -Vulcan

Comment

I got one as an accident but no worries.
            |TG-Irr|TanithGhost
            100 pixels height is too small people.

Comment

It is a problem, and its a drag. But in-forum reputation shouldn't proceed in-game abilities.
              ------------

------------

Comment

Nah i think its the fact that you get neg rep, almost makes you feel like your contribution isnt needed or wanted. Not that thats what it means but at times its harsh.
                that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                -Vulcan

Comment

I don't find it that way.
                  ------------

------------

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigC View Post
                    I have one better. A person asked me to unban them and gave me bad rep for it discussing it with them?! This is not used for revenge for people you may not like, nor is it a popularity contest. Rather it was designed as a tool for people to gauge the quality of their posts. So please use it wisely…
                    Exactly why it was removed from public view in forums... after all we are ALL mature, right?

()

Comment

darnit what does a grey dot mean ??? Is that a -rep spectrums ?? how you gonna dissaprove my post then say thanks xD
                      Dizlor

Comment

Bad rep only hurts when it comes from Root, since he carries a lot of weight. Now I check thrice before posting, just in case.
                        The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                        I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                        Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Originally posted by ednos View Post
                          Bad rep only hurts when it comes from Root, since he carries a lot of weight.
                          Oh boy... you don't want to go there, as I found out. Just ask TheFenix! :D

()

Comment

Originally posted by Gogeta View Post
                            +rep for everyone in this thread :P
                            Oh man this is gonna be an all out repfest! w00t!
                            | | |

Comment

Originally posted by Atomic Dog View Post
                              Oh man this is gonna be an all out repfest! w00t!
                              The orignial point was made and before it becomes exactly that...
                              "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X