This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server Issues - Bug report

This thread is for reporting bugs only while playing on the TG server.

A bug report should consist of:
    What error or window messages you recieved.
    What you were trying to do.
    What you expected to happen.
    What really happened.
    Last edited by Vulcan; 07-12-2007, 10:39 AM.

- -

Re: Realism Mod - Bug report

Update

Changelog:
    The nade spin has been largely reduce.
    HE Nades now have a rumble effect
    The dying fade has been adjusted so it doesn't go completely black

Known Issues:
    After a new round the weighting is reset and thus if you survived the round your weight goes back to 0 regardless of weapons

- -

Comment

ES Tools has been added.

You can now drop smoke grenades, flash's, HE Grenades and knives.

Nade Quake has been put on to add a little rumble to the HE grenades.

- -

Comment

What is the problem as best you can describe it?
        When you drop every weapon you have.. knife too, your weight is lowered and you jump kinda floaty like. Now when you pick up all those weapons again, the weight does not reset, you stay all floaty with weapons.
        What was the desired outcome/solution?
        To be fixed.
        Dizlor

Comment

Re: Server Issues - Bug report

Update to the mod.
          Bandange now added. You can bind this to a key. Example: Bind h bandage in console.
          Weapon weighting now follows through after a round ends and you're alive and still have a weapon.
          Lots of other technical fixes.
          Last edited by Vulcan; 04-04-2007, 01:44 PM.

- -

Comment

Ok a round of fixes here:

Timeleft bug aka 1 round maps. This was being caused when a map vote was started and set to change maps at the end of the current round or immediately. The cause was because the round cvars on the server were not taking effect for some odd reason.

This has been fixed and will no longer be a problem.

VIP MOD fixed.

End of round lag - not reported
            This has been a constant problem with valve and may have found a fix for it. A queued packets command in the cfg file.

zBlock has been installed along with sv_pure 1 setting. I've added all our custom content to the whitelist as well as custom weapons. It's also set to not kick clients with invalid content but will instead force them to use the standard content. I.E. models/textures etc.

For most of you who don't know what that means you won't see much of a difference.

Ammo replenish when throwing an HE grenade. fixed

Unknown/sporadic issues:
            Weighting: Not really sure if this is a bug with advanced weapon drop or realism mod. It's very intermittent

- -

Comment

Weighting: I haven't seemed to gain weight from dropping weapons for others, but I do recall recently (in test server) gaining massive mass from buying multiple weapons.

I suspect the DROP event knows to remove the jettisoned weapon's mass, but BUYing while holding a primary is adding the new weapon's weight, and the replaced weapon isn't being removed.

Speculation for thought.

This is a confirmed bug in the realism mod and soon to be fixed - Vulcan
              Last edited by Vulcan; 08-16-2007, 02:25 PM.

Comment

This might be nothing, it could be that people were not looking at a radar or something, but it seems that players will randomly see enemies on the radar, Since I've often asked "where was that spotted" after seeing an enemy on the radar, and no-one saw anything. Also, some of those sightings have been in weird places, for example behind a box or a wall where none of my teammates would have a view of him.

EDIT: This is a valve engine bug with the radar. You can see enemies through some physics objects. - Vulcan
                Last edited by Vulcan; 08-07-2007, 11:16 AM.

Comment

There is also an issue related to being a float like state. Weird things happen when this occurs like no footstep sounds and problems defusing and planting the bomb. I think it's related to the knockback script that i've noticed so i've disabled it to see.

- -

Comment

I think that the anti-wallhack thing is responsible for the teleportation issues we have been having. On parkhouse, I was looking out of the house at the un-covered bridge, and a CT was under the bridge, and when the center of his body moved behind something, his ENTIRE body disappeared, even though the thing he was hiding behind was skinnier than himself.
                    - Drake_Anra

Comment

There were some windows updates going on last night on the box atomic, it then restarted the server.

drake that is what is referred to as popping. Only occurs when your ping is high (around 150+) or if you have a bad connection. HINT: Your isp sucks man.

- -

Comment

what about when 1 of your teamates kills an enemy in another building or area and he falls dead at your feet. Its like the warp of death. Seen it twice recently.

FUN FUN

Comment

Yeah that's not supposed to happen. It's most likely because we run at 100 tickrate. That seems to be the source of most weird anomalies.

- -

Comment

I've reduced the server to 66 tickrate to see if this has a big effect on the some of the weird issues we've seen recently.

NOTICE: please keep this thread to bug reports.
                            Last edited by Vulcan; 08-16-2007, 02:23 PM.

- -

Comment

Another Update:
                              The bomb timer when planted has been reduced back to 40 seconds.
                              I've brought back marpat T and Merc Reborn in place of the desert T and elite T.

- -

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X