Helmet Protection

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helmet Protection

I've been an off and on CS player since I got over my serious addiction sometime around 2003 (2001-2003 I played every day, CAL, TW Ladder, the whole shabang). Back then I knew all the ends and outs of CS and of course now, I can barely remember where NOT to stand on maps (you know, those spots that look like they are great, but in the end always get you owned).

I remember way back when the helmet was pretty much useless and then it went to invaluable then back to worthless, etc, etc. How does the helmet protection work now? What exactly does it protect you from? Does it limit the cross sectional area available for a head shot?

Please enlighten an old CS player on how things work now. Thanks.
    The Jackal |TG|

Re: Helmet Protection

good question...I don't know the technical aspect of it...but to me...it seems like...

no helmet: pistol/smg 1 shot to kill

helmet: pistol/smg 2 shots to kill

the rifles will get you pretty much every time.

shotguns are...well...i guess it depends on range and spread.

Comment

Biggest difference ive noticed is the m4 takes 2 shots to kill in the head if you have armor. If not just a solitary shot. Which i find is enough to make me get one.

Comment

Dave I think that depends on if your silenced or not. Unsilenced seems to give one shot head kills (sometimes) with someone wearing a helmet. There was a thread around here about this very thing. I'll search for it.

- -

Comment

I dont think ive ever been one shotted from an m4 with a helm

Comment

That's cuz almost everyone uses the silencer.
            - Drake_Anra

Comment

The test that was done here by dog was with a USP. I'd like to see the popular rifle tests as well. This could then be used to tweak weapon damages.

- -

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X