This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server is full....again

The server has been full alot more recently it seems. I mean, its great to see lots of people are getting into tactical gaming, but sometimes I like to play with just a few guys per team.
    Do you guys see setting up a new TG server happening anytime in the near future?
    I dont know, maybe things will die down a little. Or maybe I should become a paying member ;)
    well until then I guess I will just have to wait my turn...

Re: Server is full....again

Reserved slots are available to Supporting Members.

Consider it.

-Aaron

Comment

I have heard from other members that a separate server was attempted once, but it stayed empty 98% of the time.
      The Jackal |TG|

Comment

If I recall correctly, the second server was password protected and the password was limited to a few people.

However, I am under the impression that a second server will return if more members sign up with CS:S as their primary game.

-Aaron

Comment

It isn't a terrible suggestion, and it certainly hasn't been suggested before. I have often wondered what would come of two servers, one default and the other maxed out at 10.

Remember, what keeps people coming is good games. Do your part to make them enjoyable and you'll find the server almost always close to full.

Oh and supporting memberships, as absurd as they may seem to some of you, are totally worth it. I wonder if someone has a list of all the benefits you get? They aren't just restricted to gaming, the dedicated downloads and FTP webspace are very appealing as well. Plus you get this cool supporting member thingy in your ID. Everyone wants that. Duh. :D

-Zephyr
          You were once like the newbie who needed a hand from above and TacticalGamer gave you it.

You owe the newbie who comes after you that same outstretched hand from above on your honor as a Tactical Gamer.

Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline.

Everyone should be assumed mature until proven otherwise.

We are no clan.
          We are not a single game.
          We are mature, intelligent, and cooperative individuals.
          We are TacticalGamer, a community above and beyond its name.

Comment

I really like your idea Zephyr. I would also like to make an appeal for no password. It is hard enough to spark the server sometimes, and if PCS players stick to just one server, it compounds that problem for both servers. Plus, if all the "good" players stick with the private server, it degrades the quality of play on the main server.

-Aaron

Comment

Originally posted by Jason036 View Post
              I have heard from other members that a separate server was attempted once, but it stayed empty 98% of the time.
              yeah this might be true and I wouldn't know because I've only been playing TG for a few months now. But the server was pretty much full all day today (and alot last week) so I think that maybe a seperate server wouldn't be empty all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by lukeblood View Post
                yeah this might be true and I wouldn't know because I've only been playing TG for a few months now. But the server was pretty much full all day today (and alot last week) so I think that maybe a seperate server wouldn't be empty all the time.
                Our servers are paid for by our supporting members. So until Server #1 is at a point where our SMs are using all the slots, it is highly unlikely you'll see a second server.
                Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Originally posted by What Is Schwa? View Post
                  If I recall correctly, the second server was password protected and the password was limited to a few people.
                  As I've made clear in private fora that you have access to, Schwa, and for the benefit of the new people :

Originally, the second server was public. People used it, but usually only when server 1 was full. Later on, server 2 was password protected, with the password available to all members. Usage immediately took a hit. The same happened when it was SM-only. Finally, it was restricted to PCS Provens, and still wasn't used.

With all of the above restrictions, a higher standard of play was expected, and the server could go days at a time without any use. I'll leave you all to draw your own conclusions as to why 3 different groups of players all left the server idle.
                  BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Thanks for the clarification Root.

I wasn't sure if we were going all Vegas style with the other forums. "What happens in Forum X stays in Forum X"

I figured I'd be vague and on the safe side.

-Aaron

Comment

Good assumption Schwa. While this breaks the norm (and Root has every right to do so for these purposes) generally everything you see in the Dev Group forum is assumed confidential.

Comment

if all the "good" players stick with the private server
                        What you fail to realize is that the "good" players are the ones who realize the need to draw new players into the TG community. This cannot be done by playing on a private server. Simple logistics.
                        The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                        I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                        Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Originally posted by ednos View Post
                          What you fail to realize is that the "good" players are the ones who realize the need to draw new players into the TG community. This cannot be done by playing on a private server. Simple logistics.
                          Seconded.
                          -Zephyr
                          You were once like the newbie who needed a hand from above and TacticalGamer gave you it.

You owe the newbie who comes after you that same outstretched hand from above on your honor as a Tactical Gamer.

Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline.

Everyone should be assumed mature until proven otherwise.

We are no clan.
                          We are not a single game.
                          We are mature, intelligent, and cooperative individuals.
                          We are TacticalGamer, a community above and beyond its name.

Comment

Originally posted by Ednos
                            I'm confused. I was asking for the hypothetical second server to not be passworded.

If server 2 is passworded, I conclude that the only people who could possibly be playing on it are the "good" players. Who else could be playing on a passworded server?

However, this conversation is moot. Apophis has made it clear that until we see SM's filling up every slot on a regular basis there will be no second server. This is a completely logical and valid point.

-Aaron

Comment

I'm confused. I was asking for the hypothetical second server to not be passworded.

If server 2 is passworded, I conclude that the only people who could possibly be playing on it are the "good" players. Who else could be playing on a passworded server?
                              I was saying that it should indeed be passworded. If it has a password, only people who are expected to understand PCS will play there. The "good" players would not restrict themselves to playing only on that server, though, realizing the need to draw new blood into the community.

However, this conversation is moot. Apophis has made it clear that until we see SM's filling up every slot on a regular basis there will be no second server. This is a completely logical and valid point.
                              Let's fill it up then!
                              The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                              I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                              Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X