Multiple Scouts on maps

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple Scouts on maps

Maybe Im the old guard, maybe its because Im no good with them...but it really seems more than 1 sniper per map is a bit much. It felt almost like I was pugging it with AWPs enabled. Some of you guys are extremely deadly with the scout.

I was on a team with 4 scouts at one time, and people are moving indoors using them, scopes up, sniping in a 12' long hallway. Do we really need multiple snipers on a 8 man team?
    If it isn't PCS, whats the point?
    with any questions or concerns.
    |

Aggressive Defense (an oxymoron): A naturally occurring situational event where a defender is caught in a role reversal anomaly. Usually associated with lack of practice, discipline or map awareness in a team based conflict.

Re: Multiple Scouts on maps

I'd say maybe 2 max only on certain maps, like parkhouse and bhdconvoy.

Personally I suck with a scout, never buy it - hate getting sniped by it, appreciate it as a very useful tool in the hands of others.

More than 2 would be considered bad for a real team plan with only 8 people in my opinion.

Comment

Should be restricted to 1. We're looking at some maps that benefit with 2.

- -

Comment

Scout is an awesome tool to have but I agree with you ouija 2 or 1 is best. I think it keeps the team focused as a team instead of everyone wanting to snipe and no one to push in and get up close and person with an eagle or shotty.
        "THOUGHTS BECOME THINGS"

Comment

I do see the potential and good side of having more than one scout per team, but I think limiting the amount of scouts is more of a factor of how many people are on each team rather than how big or sniper needing a level is. when there are six people on the server, there shouldnt be four snipers, even if it is a map like convoy. That being said, maps like convoy that need the scouts shouldnt be played at all with only six people, so to get off topic, we need a mod that choses maps according to the amount of people playing.

ps, my new avatar is awsome :D

-----------------------------------------
          WMDs: Iraq 0
          Albuquerque, NM 2500
          -----------------------------------------

Comment

Okay, I'm totally an intimate lover of the scout. I'm pretty sure this is well known by those who know me >.>

That said, there needs to be a scout limit, in my opinion. Due to the nature of tactical play, without it too many players would buy it and linger back to try to pick off enemies. That's a problem. One is a bit low, in my opinion, but certainly not to a deathly rate. I think two would be the perfect number, at least if each team has 4+ players.

Comment

maybe im missing something, but every map ive played on has limited scouts to 1 per team...unless this i a recent change and in that case ill shut up now

Comment

This has almost always been the case.
                The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

In my humble opinnion there should only be one scout, in the right hands it is a decisive weapon on a team. One on a map greatly restricts movement if it is in the hands of a skilled sniper, Two I feel is just too much..
                  I.R. Hogan |TG|

Discipline is the soul of an army.
                  It makes small numbers formidable
                  procures success to the weak
                  and esteem to all.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse