Scripts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scripts

I was wondering, can we could use our own scripts? such as: When you kill an enemy, it will automatically use radio command 'Enemy Down'. When reloading it will use radio command 'Cover me!'. When getting shot it will use radio command 'Need Backup!' when your taking damage. And etc. I didn't know if we could use scripts like that in TG.
    "...and they call me ready to deploy, engage and destroy, wherever you need me to be. I'm an American Warrior!"

Re: Scripts

Yes those types of scripts are fine... so is the forum search utility :P
    Dizlor

Comment

Originally posted by Gogeta View Post
      so is the forum search utility :P
      That would be common sense.

Anywas can you make it so when u kill a enemy it will auto say enemy down? And if so can you tell me how that will be really useful.
      Instead of calling someone a noob, you should take that same amount of time to help them.

Comment

No you couldnt make a script to do that client side, server side could use eventscripts to do so but that could get really annoying hearing "enemy down" everytime someone was killed.
        I.R. Hogan |TG|

Discipline is the soul of an army.
        It makes small numbers formidable
        procures success to the weak
        and esteem to all.

Comment

I personally wouldnt use scripts for any of those events becase, you might be giving ppl false information. Just because you get shot doesnt mean you need backup, and reloading takes such a short time that asking for cover when doing so would just creat radio chatter. The enemy down one is practical if you dont have a mic, but it would be better to have one so we know what enemy is down.
          Just my negative 2 cents.

-----------------------------------------
          WMDs: Iraq 0
          Albuquerque, NM 2500
          -----------------------------------------

Comment

Yeah, I'd be annoyed by some of those auto commos. Just use your mic for important stuff. So you killed a dude, cool, if your alone, it's not gonna matter, if a teamate was suppressed by an opfor and you cleared him, say "Whistler, tango down". If you're reloading, nearby teammates can hear it rather than overlaying the reload sounds (for everybody) with "cover me". If you're getting shot, instead of having a script call for backup so you can stay and shoot it out, it'd be more realistic if you had to duck and cover to inform your teammates.

[Game rules, announcements, and SOPs ][ ][ ][ ]
            "The success of what we do depends upon people valuing the team over themselves."
            - Wulfyn

Comment

Originally posted by m0h3k4n View Post
              I personally wouldnt use scripts for any of those events becase, you might be giving ppl false information. Just because you get shot doesnt mean you need backup, and reloading takes such a short time that asking for cover when doing so would just creat radio chatter. The enemy down one is practical if you dont have a mic, but it would be better to have one so we know what enemy is down.
              Just my negative 2 cents.
              Agreed.
              The Jackal |TG|

Comment

I have posted my few minor scripts that might interest you

Hogan's Scripts
                I.R. Hogan |TG|

Discipline is the soul of an army.
                It makes small numbers formidable
                procures success to the weak
                and esteem to all.