New Map Concept

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Map Concept

I am working on a new cs style map concept which I am going to try to explain here.

The map is a hostage rescue with a twist. There will be 6 to 8 hostages all held in prison cells in the "dungeon" basement of a type of building yet to be determined. Now heres the real twist .. To rescue the hostages the CT must route power to the cellblock from another location in the building, only then will they be able to rescue the hostage. The 3rd twist is that they have to hold the "power" room to prevent the T's from turning off the power and putting the cellblock into lockdown again. ..

I am currently working on the Hostage room/cellblock Let me know if this sounds like a good idea or not. I may need some layout help also. Any input is welcomed.
    I.R. Hogan |TG|

Discipline is the soul of an army.
    It makes small numbers formidable
    procures success to the weak
    and esteem to all.

Re: New Map Concept

That sounds kool man.. maybe have at the bottom basement floor... right near the cells have a huge hole blown out of the wall ... and make the rescue zone about 50feet inside the tunnel around the corner... how many floors are you thinking ?
    Dizlor

Comment

I would like to try your map sound's good. This map will really put your witt's to the test.
      Shadowolf expect the unexpected.

2007 Fall tornament Team Awesome Undefeated 8-0 and they were doubting us.:row__537:

Comment

Sounds awesome... but can that all be accomplished in the time period allowed?

()

Comment

What time period??
          I.R. Hogan |TG|

Discipline is the soul of an army.
          It makes small numbers formidable
          procures success to the weak
          and esteem to all.

Comment

The round time... would there be enough time for the CTs to get all of that accomplished?

()

Comment

This sounds awesome. It will really promote teamwork and cooperation to get the job done. Would the power room be closer to the CT or T spawn, in other words who would have initial control of the power room at the start of the round?
              Xbox Live Gamertag: Syd7373

Comment

chewy the round time can be changed on a per map basis.

- -

Comment

I love it Hogan but I think you should only have like maybe 2 hostages since the ct have to hold a room, any more and the map might turn into a deathmatch where the ct will never be able to hold that room and rescue that many hostages at same time. Unless you make it a lockdown map. I mean it will have to be like apts also but larger right? Yeah like the space between 2 bombsites but 1 is the room and other hostages. Normally we rescue 2 sets of hostages anyway, to have to hold a room and rescue a pair, that would be almost equal right? that would be an easy fix I guess, add or remove at your pleasure. :) oh and if you make it 6 hostages, make them all look like the chicks from victoria secrets catalog :) (last sentence was a little joke) PSST! make it happen :)

Thank you

FUN FUN

FUN FUN

Comment

I like the idea. You should also add lots of dark areas, and if possible, make it so that from the control room you can switch off the light to different areas. Also, a lot of vents, if possible. Sounds awesome.

Comment

If dark areas If dark areas are to be used make sure that night vision can be used properly. Most of the time night vision does not work and a flashlight is used and can cause you to be exposed.

Comment

This is something CSS maps should have always had: multiple objectives, and objectives that lead from one to the next. Great idea Hogan.

Comment

Originally posted by sparhawkxx View Post
                          I love it Hogan but I think you should only have like maybe 2 hostages since the ct have to hold a room, any more and the map might turn into a deathmatch where the ct will never be able to hold that room and rescue that many hostages at same time. Unless you make it a lockdown map. I mean it will have to be like apts also but larger right? Yeah like the space between 2 bombsites but 1 is the room and other hostages. Normally we rescue 2 sets of hostages anyway, to have to hold a room and rescue a pair, that would be almost equal right? that would be an easy fix I guess, add or remove at your pleasure. :) oh and if you make it 6 hostages, make them all look like the chicks from victoria secrets catalog :) (last sentence was a little joke) PSST! make it happen :)

Thank you

FUN FUN

Maybe have two different sets of hostages... with a second switch that the CTs would need to migrate towards after the first set is out.
                          Dizlor

Comment

Dude, you could totally make a movie out of a scenario like this.
                            The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                            I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                            Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcan View Post
                              chewy the round time can be changed on a per map basis.
                              Right... most maps are fairly close to the same time and I guess I was just speaking in general terms. For instance, the average time we see in most maps right now.

()

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X