CS Source on Vista

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CS Source on Vista

Hey, for some strange reason CS Source is running choppy on my laptop, which it shouldnt becuz the specs are great. Does neone know of possible security or other issues that may be slowing it down?
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough”
    Einstein

Re: CS Source on Vista

Probably the sloppy video drivers for Vista right now.

Comment

What might be a problem is that especially on a laptop your power settings might be set to 50% by default. To fix this you want to go into Power Options and set your CPU to operate at 100% by changing it to "high performance" . Hope that helps.

-----------------------------------------
      WMDs: Iraq 0
      Albuquerque, NM 2500
      -----------------------------------------

Comment

Vista killed my CSS framerates big time, nVidia Vista 64 drivers still suck.

As if it wasn't bad enough that Microsoft usually wrecked my regular compting activities - now they are messing up my GAMES!

Comment

Yeah, I strongly recommend getting a Linux distribution and running VMWare Windows XP on top. The overhead is low enough in my experience that the framerate drops roughly 0 fps, and the load time (again, in my experience) actually decreases.

Ubuntu (or other Debian-based distributions), Gentoo, and maybe Suse are good choices.
          The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
          I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
          Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Yeah since I don't know much about vista and was having problems with the drivers I changed back to xp, when directx 10 comes back out I may switch back or When Door fins the fix for me :)

FUN FUN

FUN FUN

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...