No announcement yet.

How to configure your CS:S client to take advantage of our 100 tick server rate

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to configure your CS:S client to take advantage of our 100 tick server rate

This is just another optimization I found for 100 ticrate servers do with it what you will.

CS:S Client Optimization
    Running a 100 tick server costs considerably more than a standard 33 tick server and can be a huge benefit to your gaming experience... if you take advantage of it. If you don't take a minute to make some very simple changes to your local client configuration you will not see any advantage to your performance. The changes outlined below will not kill your system or make it impossible to game on any other servers.

Now, I am the first to admit I don't like tweaking settings I am not familiar with. However, this is important and extremely simple. Here are step by step directions.

Step One: Open Notepad
    Notepad or any other text editor is all you need to make these changes.

Step Two: Open Config.cfg
    Browse to your \[steam username]\counter-strike source\cstrike\cfg\ directory and open the file named 'config.cfg'.

Step Three: Add Settings
    Just to be sure your changes are clean check to verify that each setting does not already exist. If it does not exist just add it. If it does exist just verify the setting is the same.

cl_cmdbackup 2
    cl_cmdrate 100
    cl_interp 0.01
    cl_interpolate 1
    cl_lagcomp_errorcheck 1
    cl_lagcompensation 1
    cl_updaterate 100
    cl_smooth 1
    rate 30000
    max_fps 100

Step Four: Save Config.cfg
    Save this file. Keeping a backup of the original config.cfg is a good practice.
    Step Five: Frag Away
    That's it. You can undo these settings anytime you wish. Just save a copy of your original config.cfg file so you have a little security blanket.
    I.R. Hogan |TG|

Discipline is the soul of an army.
    It makes small numbers formidable
    procures success to the weak
    and esteem to all.

Re: How to configure your CS:S client to take advantage of our 100 tick server rate

In addition you can add sections into your config file and use // to disable any part of it.

Like this:
    //Hogans recommendation
    cl_cmdbackup 2
    cl_cmdrate 100
    cl_interp 0.01
    cl_interpolate 1
    //cl_lagcomp_errorcheck 1
    //cl_lagcompensation 1
    //cl_updaterate 100
    //cl_smooth 1
    rate 30000
    max_fps 100

The // disabled those lines.

- -

Comment

Re: How to configure your CS:S client to take advantage of our 100 tick server rate

For us idiots out there, what does the tick rate actually do?
      The Jackal |TG|

Comment

It's a server-side only setting. It controls the timing mechanism/sleep timer to some degree, allowing you to sacrifice CPU for more frequent frame updates.

For example. a 100 ticrate server uses almost 3 times the amount of processing power as a 66 ticrate server. Thats why they are so much more expensive
        I.R. Hogan |TG|

Discipline is the soul of an army.
        It makes small numbers formidable
        procures success to the weak
        and esteem to all.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse