Why that name Again.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why that name Again.

So I was looking at the forums and found this one and wondered How we chose our names and what they. I know that a lot of you did it on the original one but I’d like to see your reason again. I’d also like to keep each person to one thread so this does not get so large. But if you like to comment on someone else’s thread please do it in your thread. Thanks :)

Here's the original thread. http://www.tacticalgamer.com/counter...-why-name.html

Re: Why that name Again.

The first game I fell in love with was AD&D. I loved making charecters and comming up with names and backstories. My favorite fantasy books are the Dragonlance series by Margret Weis and Tracy Hickman and i loved their elven names which were similar to Tolkins but unique to their world. I came up with the name Tarthkalas, based on their naming style, for one of my D&D charecters and since he traveled with humans who might find the name akward to say, i shortend it to Tarthkin. I played with that charecter for a number of years and when I got into computer gaming and needed to pick a tag, i stuck with Tarthkin.

Comment

well the obvious reason is my real name is Jeffery. when i was a kid my dad used to call me Jethro bodine, like the guy from the hillbillies... my friends started calling me jeffro as a teen and now in my twenties they call me "fro" lol.

Comment

I like the way my name sounds.
        Shadowolf expect the unexpected.

2007 Fall tornament Team Awesome Undefeated 8-0 and they were doubting us.:row__537:

Comment

I know I know I said one thread per person by it took me time to figure out what to say.

Well as you can see from my avatar and spray as where I got the Ghost part of my name, because when I’m playing Terrain in starcraft I build a lot of ghosts and while playing protoss I’d build Dark Templar like there’s no tomorrow. The Stalker part comes from when I first started playing Counter Strike, I’d follow the enemy around for quite awhile before killing them. And I have been using it for over 10 years.
          Last edited by Ghost Stalker; 05-07-2007, 01:52 AM. Reason: Bad Grammer

Comment

m0h3k4n, my twist on mohican, though I am not native american, when I began PC gaming and had the need to come up with a tag that was both creative and showed how 1337 I was, I figured hmmm, I have a mohawk, and m0h3k4n looks cool, what with the balance of short and tall characters in the alphanumeric. Speaking of alphanumerics, 4lph4nUm3r1c, was a name I had for a while, but it was too long so I eighty-6ed it. :)

-----------------------------------------
            WMDs: Iraq 0
            Albuquerque, NM 2500
            -----------------------------------------

Comment

Mine is from a movie. Have had it since I played 1.6 and the old TFC when i was a member of the [ . ] Clan.

HardCa$h

Comment

Originally posted by m0h3k4n View Post
                I figured hmmm, I have a mohawk, and m0h3k4n looks cool, what with the balance of short and tall characters in the alphanumeric.
                At least you do not have a M\/LL3T for a haircut or you name!!
                "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Well, I do what my name suggests. In airsoft, counter-strike, you name it. And that's how I get my nicest kills.

Comment

Sparhawk is from the author David Eddings. Sir Sparhawk is a King paladin knight that can beat down any enemy he comes across with a little tactics and the Strength of his friends. I've been having sparhawk for maybe 8 years, just started sparhawkxx like 4 to 5 years ago because in Ever Quest there are too many of them :) I also have an African grey by the name of Sparhawk. :)

FUN FUN

FUN FUN

Comment

I think I've mentioned before that a hairy nevus is a birthmark, and since I have one I thought it was unique. Close up pic.

Fluffy (for in-game) was taken from the WEEN song, "Fluffy". I got really hooked on the Live in Ponoma, CA version. Like, really hooked. Had to listen to it 5-7 times a day, considering it's 9 min that's a lot. And for 3 months or so I had to listen to listen to it before school. I really like the 14 min Live in Toronto, Canada version, too.

Comment

Why.. .because I was a big fan on Hogan's Heroes, so I built a DOD clan around that concept. Everyone had a character's name from the show. Of course me being the clan founder I was Col. R. Hogan. The clan lasted around 2 years and basically died because most didnt like the direction I was taking it in. I despised league play due to the immature actions of most of the competitors. I then began converting dod to a dm style of play no flags just frags, and that didnt settle to well with most, except now I see it all the time where Dm maps are converted to dod for dod dm. So I let it go and came over to cs and added the (I.R.) which I will not divulge the meaning of just to keep you all guessing..
                        I.R. Hogan |TG|

Discipline is the soul of an army.
                        It makes small numbers formidable
                        procures success to the weak
                        and esteem to all.

Comment

Hogan's Heroes was the best show on television when they were still playing reruns. I can't find it anywhere now.

Ednos is what an old teacher thought my real name was when I mumbled it in a noisy hallway freshman year of high school. It stuck within a small group of friends and eventually replaced my original online alias.
                          The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                          I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                          Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

I was a big smurf shortly before I joined TG and was frantically trying to find a new name one night when I discovered this lying beside my monitor...

http://www.wrigley.com/wrigley/produ...ts_eclipse.asp

Poor? Perhaps. Lame? Probably so. Powerfully fresh breath? Oh yes.

Comment

Sir-Nerd used to be Sir-Nerds-A-Lot off of king arthurs Sir-Lance-A-Lot but i just shortened it. U can guess im a real nerd with glasses, braces and a custom built computer.
                              |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X